• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Kart DS tidbits

SantaC

Gold Member
Blooper the squid is a new item in the game, and when someone hits it, ink will cover the top screen and blind the player. However, they can still see where they are on the bottom screen's track map, so they can navigate that way until the ink goes away.

cool, so it's like a flashbang in cs.

It's been confirmed for a while that the game will feature 16 of the best tracks from previous Mario Kart games, and 16 brand-new tracks for the DS version. The hardware allows for elevation changes in the track design (not unlike Mario Kart 64), so Konno says they'll create tracks that take advantage of that. One new track that he did hint at is set inside of a pinball table, where players need to avoid the bumpers, fippers and the giant pinball as they race around the course.

Pinball?! wtf :D

One last point made by Konno is that the mulitplayer modes will allow for just a single player to particpate in them. That is, someone could play Battle mode or Versus mode alone, with computer-controlled karts acting as opponents. That would mark a first for the Mario Kart series, since in every game before, human opponents were required to battle it out. Now players can practice their skills alone before meeting up with friends.

Though it sucks that there are no online battlemode, you can atleast race the cpu now.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6460

SantaC

Gold Member
Memles said:
This is all a summary of an interview posted late last week.

I read that interview, and I am pretty sure that there are some new tibits here...like the pinball course and that the squid blind you, and cpu controlled battle mode.

JavyOO7

No online mode pisses me off greatly.

But it's still Mario Kart, so I shall buy it. And own everyone who comes my way.

No really.

Kidding aside, I hope the new courses are cool though.

Squeak

JavyOO7 said:
No online mode pisses me off greatly.
“We wanted the multiplayer game to involve more people playing simultaneously than ever before, and it had to be simple and quick enough for people to set up."

“Another very important factor is that we are going to make Mario Kart DS Wi-Fi capable. In other words, if you own a Nintendo DS and Mario Kart DS you can play against strangers in any part of the world.”

Sounds like there is going to be online allright, just not battlemode.

Top Bottom