• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MGS3 screens...

Well kinda, some are from the E3 trailer others are certain things you can do.

HALO Jump:

mgs01.jpg

mgs02.jpg

mgs03.jpg

Piercing shot:

mgs05.jpg

mgs06.jpg

mgs07.jpg

Ration hunting:

mgs13.jpg

mgs14.jpg

Barrel pushing:

mgs15.jpg

mgs16.jpg

mgs17.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/GAME/docs/20040611/mgs.htm

Dujour

Banned
Aren't those from the trailer? I'd rather not see any more screens or videos because the E3 one kinda already spoiled a lot for me. I mean,
she dies >:O
!

shpankey

not an idiot
Hmm... some of those kind of have a washed out look to them. The textures are kind of meh also. The ones with the two dudes walking towards the camera with all the camo on and the face mask things do look pretty good though.

Well the guys in camo getting the piercing shot are completely new. In the trailer Big Boss used the piercing shot to shoot one guy in the head, had it travel through a window and through another guys head.

Xizk

Probably one of my most wanted games this year. I loved MGS: The Twin Snakes and MGS2: Substance. So It will be hard to wait for this to come out :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mgs17.jpg

What the hell? Looks like the collision detection is a bit off. Isn't that guy reacting to being hit by the barrel before it even reaches him?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Game Watch = best site ever. Now that they actually review games, and what's more review them when they come out they're #1 in Japan.

Pimpbaa

Damn, these shots look awesome. Any word if they cut back on the number and length of cutscenes in this game?

It looks pretty good, only...why does it look blurry? Is the game employing the N64 Effect to get rid of jaggiez? Because it looks very...soft. But disregarding that small complaint it looks very nice

Gattsu25

Banned
define blurry

i'm seeing blurry textures, sharp polygonal lines (the opposite of the N64 effect), and a glow effect over the screen in some pics

still looks better than 97% imo...that trailer was :O :O :O

Pimpbaa said:
Damn, these shots look awesome. Any word if they cut back on the number and length of cutscenes in this game?

Whether it's a good or bad thing, the cutscenes are going to be cutback. And some will be turned into interactive cutscenes. No one really knows what that means yet, could mean they'll be QTE/B's or something like the end sequence to MGS.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, looks fine I suppose...but really, much like MGS2, you can't even begin to appreciate the visuals when viewing still screenshots. It looks almost like an entirely different game in motion.

Kuroyume

Banned
Yeah but MGS is one of the titles with some many secrets... pray the story doesn't get spoiled for you in between those months.

Best way to avoid story spoilers is to never click on a thread for the game once it's released. That's what I did when SH3 was out in Japan and Europe, I just avoided the threads completely till it got released here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I have a feeling some idiot is gonna spoil the game in thread titles. I think someone did that for MGS2 when it came out

Insertia

This game looks HOT in the E3 trailor. Seriously, the best graphics of the show (besides Splinter Cell 3).

Here's hoping Kojami doesn't dissapoint again...

It's actually not Raiden since it takes place too far back to be him. Could be someone related to him since Kojima did say that unlike the stuff that happened in the original E3 trailer, this actually is in the game and does have importance to the story. But it's clearly a throwback to that scene in MGS2 with Raiden. He tried to trick people in the original trailer also with Big Boss doing the HALO jump in a similar suit to the one we first see Raiden in (atleast the head gear anyway).

Top Bottom