• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow Hands-On

The control's not as instantly good as Halo or several other FPS games out there, but once you get used to it (in like 10 min), it's fine.

It feels a bit more realistic than Halo's. There is a slight delay when you swing the gun from one direction to the other, to represent momentum. It's anything but perfect, but gives the game a more realistic feel.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
God, I hate the controls too. I was hoping this version would be a bit different. Feel like I'm driving a truck, not a person.

shpankey

not an idiot
Bog said:
There's nothing wrong with the control. Thanks.

Wrong!

Observe...

sucky aiming demo 1 <-- see the stupid ass dead zone? he uses CS as a comparitive, so you can see just how fucked up it is in RS3.

sucky aiming demo 2 <-- see the noobtacular auto aiming? gee what fun! bullets can magically bend through space and time to seek out their targets in this "realistic" game!

That shit's not "real". I am tired of people saying stupid stuff like that. They have no clue what they are talking about and just spit out the gibberish bullshit excuses they have been brainwashed into believing. A dead zone in the aiming has nothing to do at all with "realism". So stop apologizing for lazy crappy developers putting shit code in for the control of their game. (Riddick, you're in here to with your shitty control and dead zone on the movement analog stick).

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Well, surely we all know anything compared to CS will fail miserably? ;) That's some real precision shit right there--speaking PC version of course, haven't played the Xbox one for more than a minute though I'm getting the itch now that it's $9.99...

I'm pumped for the clan aspects of this game. Hopefully there will be some good maps in this game that aren't too claustrophobic/meat grinderish.

hgplayer1

The aiming does need to be tweaked somehow though Ive gotten used to it for the most part.

It seems theyve addressed the leaning bug that people use when playing online. Itll be interesting to see how it works online. Also the close quarters combat has been fixed so that theres less dancing around when shots are fired at close proximity.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527364p1.html
The leaning bug, which allowed gamers to lean and avoid taking any damage, has been fixed so that it's actually possible to snipe any leaner. The other big fix is with close quarters combat. Granted, this is really for multiplayer action, but I figured I should mention it anyway. With the retail build, close-range combat will result in greater damage, so that there's a lot less dancing around one another. That doesn't mean it will be easier to kill people, because you still need to be able to aim. If you're the type that freaks out in close quarters and shoots an outline around an enemy, you will still be hosed.

I wonder if we have enough people here at the forums to start a clan for Black Arrow. Hopefully this is executed well within the games.

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/868/1088719390.jpg
1088719390.jpg

Hellraizah

*looks at clan creating menu*
*fap fap fap*
*looks at clan creating menu*
*fap fap fap*
*looks at clan crea....

rastex

Banned
hopefully the logo is customizable/downloadable and not some pre-built ones. Though I'd totally suspect they'll just be built in :(

rastex said:
hopefully the logo is customizable/downloadable and not some pre-built ones. Though I'd totally suspect they'll just be built in :(

They will be uploadable. Soon maps and skins will be uploadable as well.

hgplayer1 said:
I wonder if we have enough people here at the forums to start a clan for Black Arrow. Hopefully this is executed well within the games.

Wow, looks a little intimidating with having to have a website, uploading logos, etc. I just wanna have fun. I don't have a modded Xbox and this seems to be a little more aimed at modders.

Regardless, Uno Ill Nino and I have already decided that we are going to start a clan for this game when it comes out next month. We're not really avid RS3 players (we just play SC:pT, although we used to play RS3 often), but we're looking at this clan as a step towards our "real clan" for Halo 2.

Any word on arm patches that show clan logos like Halo 2 for this game?

hgplayer1

siamesedreamer said:
Wow, looks a little intimidating with having to have a website, uploading logos, etc. I just wanna have fun. I don't have a modded Xbox and this seems to be a little more aimed at modders.

Regardless, Uno Ill Nino and I have already decided that we are going to start a clan for this game when it comes out next month. We're not really avid RS3 players (we just play SC:pT, although we used to play RS3 often), but we're looking at this clan as a step towards our "real clan" for Halo 2.

Any word on arm patches that show clan logos like Halo 2 for this game?

I would thing most of those fields are optional. Probably the only required ones are name and tag.

way more

shpankey said:
Wrong!

Observe...

sucky aiming demo 1 <-- see the stupid ass dead zone? he uses CS as a comparitive, so you can see just how fucked up it is in RS3.

sucky aiming demo 2 <-- see the noobtacular auto aiming? gee what fun! bullets can magically bend through space and time to seek out their targets in this "realistic" game!

That shit's not "real". I am tired of people saying stupid stuff like that. They have no clue what they are talking about and just spit out the gibberish bullshit excuses they have been brainwashed into believing. A dead zone in the aiming has nothing to do at all with "realism". So stop apologizing for lazy crappy developers putting shit code in for the control of their game. (Riddick, you're in here to with your shitty control and dead zone on the movement analog stick).

That is pretty damning.

Top Bottom