• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Year Later, Redfall Players Who Spent $100 Are Still Waiting For Its Promised Extra Heroes

Nice ragebait.

There's literally thousands of hours of footage on how bad this game is. It's not really a matter of opinion anymore at this point.
It goes to some cool locations.

Arkane is good at creating atmosphere, it leans heavily into that.

Its also a short 20 hrs romp, worth playing IMO.

Eg entire ocean around city has blocked access, its well realised in the game.

6wtzyGU.jpeg
2RxLBRJ.jpeg
AlyAvnY.jpeg

There are other cool things in game. This is first area.

All bad footage of game is day 1. Yes, day 1 it was pretty bad.

Orbital2060

One of the worst games I have ever played. And I completed all of it, both maps.

The most egregious thing is the LIE they tried to serve people with the fancy announcement trailer shown and then delivering a game that barely qualifies as an AA indie production. Its clear the game lacked a vision for what it wanted to be, and hobbled together from some other ideas they had for it, some kind of looter shooter gaas thing.

And shadow dropping Hi Fi Rush because they didnt know how to market it, while Redfall gets a 70 dollar pricetag and big PR push. It should have been the other way around.

Its worth playing just to have a laugh at just how poor it is.

P.S. It is also funny that Xbox marketed Redfall way-way more than it markets Hellblade 2 right now. Tbh Hellblade 2 marketing is so muted less than one month before release you can call it non-existent, which not bodes well for the game too.

Not that strange. The concept of Redfall was fun. Its execution is atrocious but could have been good on the paper. Hellblade is the type of game that XBOX 's core audience hates, a "cinematic experience" with barebones gameplay and a confusing story. Instead of being honest, they prefer to remain silent so people think it's a GOW lite. That game will only sell on PS5.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I actually preordered this version on steam back in the day, I then played it for an hour and a half and refunded it.

This is why steam is great.

How hard can it be to reskin one of the existing characters, model a new weapon, transfer the stats from another and modify all a bit and call it a day? I mean at least fulfil the promised stuff half heartedly? Not doing that, either indicates that they are actually working on a bigger update and those will get added then as well or MS tries to just forget it, in hope that billion dollar company MS can turn invisible which is just laughable?
I would assume this would be quite clear before a court. It's not about hard to measure quality and if a product is bug free enough as is reasonably expectable, but just did heroes get added or not.

TVexperto

the story's got fewer twists than a straight line. A true testament to the art of underwhelming expectations.

Sorcerer

This is the game Phil apparently took responsibility for fixing, remember? After it was their first $70 game and turned out to be a bit of a fraud of a product at launch. Remember, he even admitted to them showing trailers in 60 fps when the game was only ever 30 at that time?
A good leader wouldve focused hardcore on turning this game around but we live in strange times.
Phil doesn't believe in 60 fps. 30 fps is a creative decision. LOL!!!

Last edited:
For the shit the game gets and 90% was spot on. I have to say its now a very nice game, if only the AI was better
It was always a pretty good game with issues. They didn't really change that much. Fixing bugs, framerate, adjusting AI and changed the default gun handling settings.

It was always a pretty good game with issues. They didn't really change that much. Fixing bugs, framerate, adjusting AI and changed the default gun handling settings.
On launch, it was a mess on the Xbox with textures no displaying correctly poor frame rate and pee poor AI. It's been made so much better and is a really good game with a fantastic setting. Just would like the AI to have a little more work

Honestly, just give up. It'll never be good. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Find something you enjoy and go do that. Move on with your life.

Last edited:
This is the game Phil apparently took responsibility for fixing, remember? After it was their first $70 game and turned out to be a bit of a fraud of a product at launch. Remember, he even admitted to them showing trailers in 60 fps when the game was only ever 30 at that time?

Phil doesn't believe in 60 fps. 30 fps is a creative decision. LOL!!!
He was paraphrasing Bethesda's approach to game design, for the last two decades. Nice try, tho!

Last edited:

Roberts

It would be a real dick move not to release what they have promised.

I enjoyed the game, btw. It has a share of serious design flaws that separate it from the quality of previous Arkane games, but it is not a bad game. Solid 6.5/10 stuff. In fact, I kept on thinking of returning to it and do a co-op run with some of my friends. I don’t exactly know why but something pulls me back to that game.

DaGwaphics

Everyone still hating on Redfall, what was there was fun to play through if you just accepted it for what it was. Which was basically a very, very light version of FC.

calistan

There's literally thousands of hours of footage on how bad this game is. It's not really a matter of opinion anymore at this point.
It's absolutely 100% a matter of opinion - you could always play it yourself and form your own.

Darkkahn

Maybe if they did a PS+ launch on PS5 it would put the game on the radar again.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When I played the game on GP at launch, I didn't think it was as bad as everyone said. But still given the time played it was a 5/10. It was a ho-hum exploration action game with mediocre production values, smooth 30 fps, and unfinished graphics (anything related to water practically looked like PS2 quality which stuck out as odd). The game also had very finnicky item pick up reticule where you had to be in the perfect spot to grab items on the ground. The first boss fought in the forestation basement had numbnut AI as all I did after being attacked and damaged was run upstairs, regroup and go back down to finish it off. Zero AI to follow me. It must had had that Zone Defence AI where it can only move around in an invisible fence.

I dont know remember much they fixed up with the patch aside from 60 fps. But if you want a time filler Redfall isn't the worst game out there.

Oddly, the game had excellent audio IMO.

Top Bottom