• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Top Spin 2 720p images (from E3 build)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Waaaay too early to proclaim Federer the greatest tennis player ever. Federer has won 30 titles so far while the #1 on the list, Connors, has 109 (followed by Lendl at 94 and McRoe at 77). Although he is very impressive, especially on grass, he still got ways to go to reach the absolute all-time top. But Federer's still young, it will be interesting to see if he can keep his consistency.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Sholmes said:
I did, but for fucking crying out loud the X360 is gonna be released in 4 months. When are gonna see some shots on better hardware?

I'm guessing July 25th *crosses fingers*

anthony

Sholmes said:
I did, but for fucking crying out loud the X360 is gonna be released in 4 months. When are gonna see some shots on better hardware?

beta kits have only just gone out, and these are E3 engine shots. so...

anthony said:
beta kits have only just gone out, and these are E3 engine shots. so...

So then can I expect like a fecking huge improvement in graphics when I see X360 games on final hardware?

799_0003.jpg

'cause that blurry mess of whatever that is behind the fence looks straight out of 1997.

sangreal

Sholmes said:
So then can I expect like a fecking huge improvement in graphics when I see X360 games on final hardware?

799_0003.jpg

'cause that blurry mess of whatever that is behind the fence looks straight out of 1997.
tennisarena.3.jpg

FightyF

Banned
I'm extremely dissappointed in the visuals to be honest.

But it will be an excellent game, and probably very very awesome with the new Live setup. I'll definately buy it, but it's not a game that will sell consoles (with it's gameplay, definately....but people won't give it a chance unless it looks really good).

And like Motocross on the PS3, it's all because of lack of a realistic colour palette. But while Motocross was technically great looking...we are seeing the shirts of the players clip into the legs, and they are extremely low poly...and there doesn't seem to be any self shadowing. These things can be fixed before launch though...

Uh, are you sure this isn't an Xbox game in 720p? The clothing, for next-gen, looks atrocious. It looks like current gen, where everything's melded to the skin and there's no cloth physics. And where's the grass? Where's the realistic looking character models? Where's the lavishly detailed environments? This is ass at best.

rastex

Banned
God's Hand said:
This is ass at best.
I hope you're as critical on the first Rev screenshots when those come out.

Anyway for people to continually complain about Alpha kits etc etc, you guys must understand one thing. E3 is a HUGE event, it's where the majority of the gaming media gets the majority of their information and such for the next 4 months. They just spread out the information to keep up the flow of news, but all the information is OLD and the pictures are OLD, that's why ALL the game previews and pictures and videos from 360 games are running on Alpha hardware, because all this information is about 2 months old.

Sholmes said:

799_0003.jpg

Umm, probally lol those old alpha kits were what..30% of what the final x360 hardware will be? Yes

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Here is a small list of the changes in gameplay and carrer mode :
- 4 risked shots types. You start them by choosing a direction on the joypad and using the right trigger. Each direction starts a different type of shot: lift, short ball, lob and fast shot. The left trigger is used for advanced shots that allows the player more control of the ball.
- Career mode has been completely changed. It's now a 10 season calendar where you have to be careful about how fit you are if you train or play too many matches. If you play too match, your player won't be as good as he could be. So you have to be careful not to go play to many exhibitions matches to please the sponsors if you want a chance in the official tournament. You can also be called by your national team for a Davis Cup like tournament.
- You have to create your own player as before, with a more advanced creation system and also use different sound samples for the player voice. There are 70 stars (instead of 14) to be used to upgrade your player.
- Double on Xbox Live. Wooo !

source

miyuru

God's Hand said:
Uh, are you sure this isn't an Xbox game in 720p? The clothing, for next-gen, looks atrocious. It looks like current gen, where everything's melded to the skin and there's no cloth physics. And where's the grass? Where's the realistic looking character models? Where's the lavishly detailed environments? This is ass at best.

Agreed. If you guys disagree with this post, you're way too forgiving. Hopefully at launch, games will look "next-gen", at least to me.

IMO next year is when next-gen will start. 360 seems very premature at this point. I mean the E3 before your system launches is supposed to be huge for example...HUGE!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
miyuru said:
Agreed. If you guys disagree with this post, you're way too forgiving. Hopefully at launch, games will look "next-gen", at least to me.

IMO next year is when next-gen will start. 360 seems very premature at this point. I mean the E3 before your system launches is supposed to be huge for example...HUGE!
Xbox's E3 showing was awful, and it did not prevent it to have some of the best launch lineup ever.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Halo 1 was a piece of shit at E3, that is an understatement as well. Most obviously don't know enough about development cycles to comment.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Frankly I don't care how this looks - TS was a great looking game and it didn't play particularly well, so if they're working on gameplay first this time, that can only make it better.

6) Don't listen to all the whiners who complain about a lack of being able to volley against risk shots
Any game where I can smash back a smash has issues with netplay, and topspin was no exception here. But that was the least of its problems, the play mechanics was broken in several places.

newsguy

You guys are so busy whining about E3 visuals that you didn't read what Blim said

"- Double on Xbox Live. Wooo !"

GAME OVER

Kicko

Right now I can give a flying fuck what the graphics look like, I'm just happy they're releasing a second installment. Besides, it's all about gameplay isn't it, and we all know the first Top Spin was one of the best Tennis games on the market.

Anyone have a list of the confirmed athletes that will be featured in the game?

Matlock

Banned
sangreal said:
and before that it was Microsoft

Incorrect! Microsoft Game Studios ran XSN Sports, which was sold off to Take 2 Games and renamed 2K Sports (Alongside 2K Games) after Take 2 took over publishing duties for Sega's 2K line. :D

sangreal

Matlock said:
Incorrect! Microsoft Game Studios ran XSN Sports, which was sold off to Take 2 Games and renamed 2K Sports (Alongside 2K Games) after Take 2 took over publishing duties for Sega's 2K line. :D

?

Top Spin was published by MGS, developed by PMD and produced by Microsoft's Indie Built studio.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
These screens really show what a huge difference (lack of) anti-aliasing makes. Once that is added it will look 100% better. Thank god it's "free" on Xbox 360, I just hate the jaggies.

Pimpwerx

sangreal said:
What? This game has absolutely nothing to do with Sega
Too bad. Because I really wanted to get another dig in at Sega. I stand by my original post. Mostly b/c I don't care. PEACE.

Top Bottom