• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen Famitsu Survey (Developers, Retailers, & Customers)

ourumov said:
90% of GAF thought the PSP would go "Tiburon" over the DS...And well, we have seen what happened.
I am with the ones without opinion. The videogame industry is so fucked and unprevisible that you never know what may happen...
"unprevisible"?
"UNPREVISIBLE"?!

Ug, as an English teacher, my brain is teh hurting. I'm normally not a grammar nazi on message boards, even though it drives me up the wall, but damn.

Mashing

Kiriku said:
Rev isn't even finished and yet 10 % say they aren't going to develop for it? Compared to the other consoles, it's pretty high...I wonder why? Is it the "kiddie" routine again? How many devs took part in this survey anyway?

I tend to think it's because they haven't gotten development kits yet. There's really no reason for a eastern developer to develop on Xbox 360 over Revolution as it's going to have a larger userbase than the 360 undoubtabedly (excluding moronic developers like Tecmo who stubbornly develop on 360 over PS3 and whatnot).

Deku

Banned
It's a bit early for the Revolution and the PS3 in terms of developer sentiment on if they will develop for it or not, both are a bit away.

Money talks and when more is known about both and their prospects are fleshed out, things will be closer to set in stone.

Firest0rm

ThirdEye said:
that's what 'Unknown' is for.

No, unkown is for developers who don't know if they will or not. Square is developing FF:CC, its the only 3rd party game that we know to actually be indevelopment for Revolution. The survey involved asking these developers what their position is, if Square was interviewed they would have been in the "developing right now" category and it wouldn't be zero.

ThirdEye

Firest0rm said:
No, unkown is for developers who don't know if they will or not. Square is developing FF:CC, its the only 3rd party game that we know to actually be indevelopment for Revolution. The survey involved asking these developers what their position is, if Square was interviewed they would have been in the "developing right now" category and it wouldn't be zero.
Why do they have to answer honestly?
It's the same as 'no comment' or whatever.

ourumov

Ug, as an English teacher, my brain is teh hurting. I'm normally not a grammar nazi on message boards, even though it drives me up the wall, but damn.
Spanglish power :p

Sorry, sometimes I did stupid mistakes when thinking in Spanish and writing in English.

Firest0rm

ThirdEye said:
Why do they have to answer honestly?
It's the same as 'no comment' or whatever.

I don't understand what your trying to point out here. Square is officially confirmed to be working on the Revolution. Why would they say no?

ourumov said:
Spanglish power :p

Sorry, sometimes I did stupid mistakes when thinking in Spanish and writing in English.
no worries :) I didn't know English was your second language. In that case, let me tell you that you still write/speak better than most "native" english speakers.

e: I think you were looking for "unpredictable" :) Cheers.

Chittagong

Gold Member
maskrider said:
Top5 Most wanted features:

Rev:
1. Can download the games in the last 20 years (145)
2. New way of human input (unknow yet) (55)
3. Wireless connection service "Nintendo Wi-Fi collection" (48)
4. Small size (26)
5. Un-released portion of information (25)

:lol some trust, there!

maskrider said:
X360:
1. Expanded Xbox Live service (100)
2. Better software lineup (56)
3. High Graphics/Calculation processing power (36)
4. Removable hard disk (23)
5. Chasis Design (11)

How do you think about the design ?

(Good/No opinion/Not good)

PS3:
Maker: 41.2/38.2/20.6
Shops: 34.1/47.7/18.2
Users: 31.9/27.3/40.8

Rev:
Maker: 48.6/45.7/5.7
Shops: 51.2/37.2/11.6
Users: 43.4/43.3/13.3

X360:
Maker: 43.3/40.0/16.7
Shops: 23.3/60.4/16.3
Users: 31.3/45.1/23.6

Well damn. Those focus groups just seemed to work.

DrLazy

This poll is bullshit. Those sample sizes are ridiculously small, the margin of error would be huge and who know if its a diverse sample. It could be a freakin' web-poll. What a load of crap.

Actually, you're right in saying that the consumer poll is kind of skewed. But the retail poll should (at the least) be a bit more sound.

As in they (should) don't have any bias towards a console, and just make their inputs and basically what they feel will sell the best.

Pellham

Banned
Rev isn't even finished and yet 10 % say they aren't going to develop for it? Compared to the other consoles, it's pretty high...I wonder why? Is it the "kiddie" routine again? How many devs took part in this survey anyway?

I'd imagine some of that 10% are developers who've never developed for a Nintendo console to begin with, there are quite a few of them in Japan.

Monk

Banned
On the design of the ps3.

Users: 31.9/27.3/40.8

Whoever designed the asthetics of the ps3 is an fucking idiot. If anything this is what is making the users unsure of the ps3.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
DrLazy said:
This poll is bullshit. Those sample sizes are ridiculously small, the margin of error would be huge and who know if its a diverse sample. It could be a freakin' web-poll. What a load of crap.
Rev:
1. Can download the games in the last 20 years (145)
2. New way of human input (unknow yet) (55)
3. Wireless connection service "Nintendo Wi-Fi collection" (48)
4. Small size (26)
5. Un-released portion of information (25)
Total Sample Size == 299

That's a margin of error of 6% on a 95% level of confidence.

Top Bottom