• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

What I'm saying is there's practically no way Cam is BPA over these CBs. The CBs are just flat out better than him, as is Cook

Well, I hope so but I guess after taking Barnett over Howard, Foster, and Hooker I am mentally preparing myself for the Eagles to take someone we don't really see as their top guy.

Also while I am bummed they missed out on Corey Davis, this does give guys like Nelson Agholor and possibly DGB (if he is on the team) all the room and opportunity to show if they deserve to be in the NFL. They won't have the pressure of being a 1 2 or even a 3. I still believe Agholor has the talent and ability but its all mental with him.

If the Eagles now somehow get the following it will be an amazing draft on paper:

CB King, Wilson, Tabor, and or Sidney Jones (I'd like 2 out of this group)
RB Mixon

Hindl

Well, I hope so but I guess after taking Barnett over Howard, Foster, and Hooker I am mentally preparing myself for the Eagles to take someone we don't really see as their top guy.

Also while I am bummed they missed out on Corey Davis, this does give guys like Nelson Agholor and possibly DGB (if he is on the team) all the room and opportunity to show if they deserve to be in the NFL. They won't have the pressure of being a 1 2 or even a 3. I still believe Agholor has the talent and ability but its all mental with him.

If the Eagles now somehow get the following it will be an amazing draft on paper:

CB King, Wilson, Tabor, and or Sidney Jones (I'd like 2 out of this group)
RB Mixon

I think the fact that Foster fell as far as he did should be a signal. As for Hooker, I would've loved him but we have Jenkins and McLeod still in their primes, and we may get a safety later. Howard sucks, I do wish we could've gotten him. But honestly I wasn't even expecting Barnett to be there either, I was expecting Cincy to take him. I think we'll be very happy with Barnett.

Also my hot take. Off the field concerns aside, I think Cook is a better player than Mixon. He's an amazing pass catcher but Cook is almost as good, and Cook's footwork, vision, and balance are better in my opinion

Jarnet87

Saw reports that Doug Martin has been impressive in camp and could have been a factor in the Bucs passing on Cook. Doug pulling that con game again.

Saw reports that Doug Martin has been impressive in camp and could have been a factor in the Bucs passing on Cook. Doug pulling that con game again.

I don't mind the pick at all as a Bucs fan. RBs are a dime a dozen and I don't think Cook was talented enough to warrant a top 20 pick. Howard gives Jameis a threat down the seam, which is the weakest part of Cameron Brate's game. Very solid pick for the Bucs.

Beach

Derek Carr somehow falling to the second round while teams are giving up fortunes to trade up and draft QBs is a mystery to me.

effzee

Derek Carr somehow falling to the second round while teams are giving up fortunes to trade up and draft QBs is a mystery to me.

Each year and each QB is different.

Eagles moved up for Wentz and that seems to have been the right move.

Rams moved up to get Goff and so far that seems questionable

Dak went in the 4th and he looks better than Wentz and Goff.

linkboy

Each year and each QB is different.

Eagles moved up for Wentz and that seems to have been the right move.

Rams moved up to get Goff and so far that seems questionable

Dak went in the 4th and he looks better than Wentz and Goff.

I think Goff will be fine, it's hard to have any success when Jeff Fisher is your coach.

Man I wish I could've seen the gaf reactions when the bears drafted Trubisky

As a packers fan, all the bad decisions from the bears makes me oh so happy

It's not sexy but if Denver can take the Cowboys approach to the O-Line, I'm fine with that. Easier said than done but man is our O-line awful, we need all the help we can get.

Hindl

Well Cook fell out of the 1st so they must've been on to something. Plus Howard is a much better prospect than Cook

What about the team that drafts cook, or the bunch of NFL players already on rosters that are like Mixon?

Enjoy Texans gaf!

Cook and Mixon aren't comparable. The puppies thing is horrible, but the assault allegations didn't hold up in court. I'm not going to condemn him for that. And the other thing? Cook has had tons of people, from family to friends to coaches come out and be character witnesses for him and say that he's a good person. I don't see anyone doing the same thing for Mixon. No one is coming to this dude's side and standing up for him. That should say something

Pepiope

Well Cook fell out of the 1st so they must've been on to something. Plus Howard is a much better prospect than Cook

Cook and Mixon aren't comparable. The puppies thing is horrible, but the assault allegations didn't hold up in court. I'm not going to condemn him for that. And the other thing? Cook has had tons of people, from family to friends to coaches come out and be character witnesses for him and say that he's a good person. I don't see anyone doing the same thing for Mixon. No one is coming to this dude's side and standing up for him. That should say something
If there was video of what cook did, no one would stand by him either. It's all public perception.

BigAT

Congrats on the pick.

THIS IS WHO I DO IT FOR MAN.

0i0eRtQ.jpg

Hindl

If there was video of what cook did, no one would stand by him either. It's all public perception.

There's no proof that Cook actually did anything. He refused to take a guilty plea and took it to court. The court took 35 minutes to render a verdict because of inconsistent testimony from the plaintiff. And a third party with no relation to Cook or the witness testified saying he saw the whole thing happen and Cook never hit anyone. You're condemning him for something where there's no proof of anything actually happening

Ron Mexico

Feel better about the Takk pick than I did a couple years back for Beasley.

Actually the last pick that I liked more than Takk was Freeman when the scouts were raving that he played like his hair was on fire. Still not totally a Dimitroff guy, but I'm softening on that a bit.

Pepiope

There's no proof that Cook actually did anything. He refused to take a guilty plea and took it to court. The court took 35 minutes to render a verdict because of inconsistent testimony from the plaintiff. And a third party with no relation to Cook or the witness testified saying he saw the whole thing happen and Cook never hit anyone. You're condemning him for something where there's no proof of anything actually happening
He's been in trouble with the law multiple times since he was 14. I'm not giving him credit because he knows how to not get caught. All of those cases against him were coincidental? He did nothing wrong? He was just always in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Ray Lewis and OJ are saints in your eyes I guess.

Hindl

He's been in trouble with the law multiple times since he was 14. I'm not giving him credit because he knows how to not get caught. All of those cases against him were coincidental? He did nothing wrong? He was just always in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Do you know what those troubles were? One of them was property damage with a BB gun. I've done that for Christ's sake. There's that, the dropped battery charge, and the puppies. The puppies is horrible but that's the only noteworthy thing

Bandini

Love the Bucs pick of Howard. Solid TE who can block and make things happen after the catch. Offense has a chance to make some big strides this year, hopefully our RB situation kinda works itself out.

Pepiope

Do you know what those troubles were? One of them was property damage with a BB gun. I've done that for Christ's sake. There's that, the dropped battery charge, and the puppies. The puppies is horrible but that's the only noteworthy thing
I'm sure the animal abuse and punching a woman outside a bar were both coincidences. Wrong place, wrong time.

It's just really hypocritical to crucify one guy and not the other. I have no idea how some can say no to Mixon but be perfectly fine with Cook. Give me a CB round 2.

Carr played garbage competition in college, had bad footwork, small hands, gunslinger tendencies, and didn't play in a pro style offense. He also happened to be the brother of somebody who's (unfairly) seen as one of the biggest busts ever.

Honestly based purely on tape, measurables, and arm, he's no better of a prospect than Mahomes. I don't think anybody was expecting him to ascend so quickly, especially having come out of a spread offense in college.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's not sexy but if Denver can take the Cowboys approach to the O-Line, I'm fine with that. Easier said than done but man is our O-line awful, we need all the help we can get.

Hopefully, it'll be okay.

Schefter did say they tried to trade up to get McCaffery, but I think that would have been too much of a price to pay.

Hindl

I'm sure the animal abuse and punching a woman outside a bar were both coincidences. Wrong place, wrong time.

It's just really hypocritical to crucify one guy and not the other. I have no idea how some can say no to Mixon but be perfectly fine with Cook. Give me a CB round 2.

There's no evidence he hit a woman. At all

effzee

Not sure how credible but apparently the Browns tried to move up from 25 to the Eagles spot at 14.

Either the haul wasn't enough or the Eagles didn't want to miss out on Barnett.

Wonder what that move would have netted the Eagles. Almost wish they did it only to get another 2nd and 3rd this year & and more picks next year.

And considering the players that were still available around 25-32 the Eagles could have taken Foster, Conley, White, or Harris (who I thought they would take at 14). This would have been amazing to trade down into the 20s and take Foster while picking up tons more picks.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Watt would have helped our pass rush tremendously though

Watt won't even be close to his brother so I wouldn't worry about that. Packer fans shouldn't get hyped by the 1-2 combo of the name and being a Badger.

The general feeling has been that this draft class has a lot of starters in the first three rounds but not a lot of elite talent. We simply need bodies on defense because our D is empty. If that means trading down again then so be it!

Not sure how credible but apparently the Browns tried to move up from 25 to the Eagles spot at 14.

Either the haul wasn't enough or the Eagles didn't want to miss out on Barnett.

Wonder what that move would have netted the Eagles. Almost wish they did it only to get another 2nd and 3rd this year & and more picks next year.

And considering the players that were still available around 25-32 the Eagles could have taken Foster, Conley, White, or Harris (who I thought they would take at 14). This would have been amazing to trade down into the 20s and take Foster while picking up tons more picks.
Why wouldn't they have just stayed at 12 then? I would imagine they were looking at Hooker, which like 3 or 4 teams between 12-24 would've been looking at too. The price to move up would've been pretty much the same as what they got from the Texans to move down. Doesn't make any sense if they were THAT high on a player they literally could've drafted.

effzee

Why wouldn't they have just stayed at 12 then? I would imagine they were looking at Hooker, which like 3 or 4 teams between 12-24 would've been looking at too. The price to move up would've been pretty much the same as what they got from the Texans to move down. Doesn't make any sense if they were THAT high on a player they literally could've drafted.

Well I'm just speculating but maybe they really liked Lattimore, the top CB in the draft, and when the Saints took him it wasn't worth it to move up.

So I just went on YouTube and watched all of Trubisky's plays from the VA Tech game. Now, it was raining, and Trubisky's OL did him zero favors in that game. UNC was overmatched in general. But I only counted 4 balls that were on target, and none of them had any zip to them. I didn't see one throw (or run) from him that looked like an NFL player.

Man. No idea what happened with the Bears here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom