• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Trubearssky is going to lead us back to the promised land. Olivia Munn's ex better watch his back.

giphy.gif

LionPride

Banned
So I just went on YouTube and watched all of Trubisky's plays from the VA Tech game. Now, it was raining, and Trubisky's OL did him zero favors in that game. UNC was overmatched in general. But I only counted 4 balls that were on target, and none of them had any zip to them. I didn't see one throw (or run) from him that looked like an NFL player.

Man. No idea what happened with the Bears here.
I was confused as hell by all this talk bout him rising up boards. I watched that man play every saturday. HE AIN'T GOOD

So I just went on YouTube and watched all of Trubisky's plays from the VA Tech game. Now, it was raining, and Trubisky's OL did him zero favors in that game. UNC was overmatched in general. But I only counted 4 balls that were on target, and none of them had any zip to them. I didn't see one throw (or run) from him that looked like an NFL player.

Man. No idea what happened with the Bears here.

Yup. I watched a ton of his games this year and there's no way he's an NFL starter. Glennon will easily take the starting job.

squicken

The Cleveland Browns: America's most disciplined losers

The Browns have outsmarted themselves. It's fine to be selective, but the Browns have been waiting for their pitch for two years. Barring a trade for a veteran more promising than Osweiler, they won't address the position in a substantive way until 2018 at the earliest -- the third year in the tenure of their current brain trust.

Browns have productive first day of draft but haven't solved eternal problem at quarterback

The team advanced the ball, so to speak, yet the goal line moved further ahead. The eternal quarterback issue was tabled again. It will be the story of the 2018 Browns draft, once again.

So Dutch left me for the Browns?

For shame you whore
No loyalty Mech

Stop it.. stop it..

Stop linking to him, you know he's trash..

I feel bad for Glennon tbh. Dude deserves a fair shot at taking over a franchise.
At least he's getting 40 million or at worse 19 million to wipe his tears with

This wasn't the draft to solve the QB problem. Kessler did fine
Thank you friend

Browns didn't draft a QB because Cutler is still available
This is also acceptable to me

Didn't Rapoport report that the Browns were trying to get Kirk Cousins? Or did I just dream that?
That was real..

linkboy

Didn't Rapoport report that the Browns were trying to get Kirk Cousins? Or did I just dream that?

It was mentioned, but Washington isn't going to do it. They're still trying to resign him long term. He's the best QB they've had since Mark Rypien. The only place I see Cousins playing besides Washington is SF, with Shannahan being there.

Wes

venison crêpe
Browns-GAF: Who I think they'll target at #52 and #65 (in my order of preference):

Kevin King CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Marcus Williams FS
Joe Mixon RB
Obi Melifonwu S
Josh Jones S
Zay Jones WR
Fabian Moreau CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Marcus Maye S
Alvin Kamara RB
Tyus Bowser OLB

Hindl

Next year might not be either tbh, Jackson is likely to improve as a passer, but I don't trust that Darnold and Rosen will be amazing talents in the pros

Maybe, we'll see. But a QB isn't going to fix the Browns in the next couple years unless he's like a Luck prospect. They got 3 great starters in the first round and can continue to build that defense. A line with Ogbah, Nassib, and Garrett on it is young and scary, and they've boosted their OL so Crowell, who already had a great season, will do better, plus they have a new top tight end in Njoku. And I think Peppers could do great things for them

linkboy

Next year might not be either tbh, Jackson is likely to improve as a passer, but I don't trust that Darnold and Rosen will be amazing talents in the pros

I understand why teams think they need to reach for a QB, but we've seen many, many times (mostly from Cleveland) where it totally backfires.

People get so locked up on the QB position, but at the same time, if the rest of your team sucks ass, no QB is going to turn the team around.

Teams like Cleveland or SF (that have more holes then swiss cheese), need to rebuild their key positions before even thinking about looking at a rookie QB.

MechDX

patrick‏Verified account @PatDStat 5m5 minutes ago
More
The more I think of the Texans moving up, the Osweiler trade was the start of the second part of the move for last night.

patrick‏Verified account @PatDStat 3m3 minutes ago
More
This deal was put in place when Osweiler was dealt. We will give you a 2nd now and if the QB is there we will move just the first.

patrick‏Verified account @PatDStat 4m4 minutes ago
More
In eseence, the Texans paid normal price to move up to get Watson. The '18 1st and 2nd and '17 6th for Watson and the Browns 4th this year.

More
That is why the deal looks cheap last night. It was just put together in pieces contingent that their quarterback would be there.

More
The overall price matches with what it would cost to move up. That is why it was the Browns again. Not a coincidence.

If this is true somewhere out there Bill Polian and Herm Edwards are having old man eye twitches

As a Browns fan he'll still be following the Texans, he'll just be hoping they lose out instead.
Me too..

May Nuk be forced to demand a trade and may Watt decide to retire early..

#FucktheTexans

If this is true somewhere out there Bill Polian and Herm Edwards are having old man eye twitches
I honestly think that was exactly the case and wondered why they gave the pick to the Texans so cheap

The Tribusky thing is weird. Like, literally throughout the college season nobody knew who the fuck he was, then, after the season ends he starts getting all this pub and attention? Seems like a red flag. Like scouts and media needed to prop up a QB to make the draft "sexier" and chose him.

MechDX

The Tribusky thing is weird. Like, literally throughout the college season nobody knew who the fuck he was, then, after the season ends he starts getting all this pub and attention? Seems like a red flag. Like scouts and media needed to prop up a QB to make the draft "sexier" and chose him.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/857774215562502145

You would think not knowing what a "hard count:" is would be the first tip off

Hindl

To be fair, a very similar thing happened with Wentz. And so far he at least looks like he belongs in the league

Edit: That is pretty bad though...

If the Jets can land Cook, it would be an impressive draft already. Adams should have gone in the top 3 but I am glad he fell into their laps at 6.

linkboy

To be fair, a very similar thing happened with Wentz. And so far he at least looks like he belongs in the league

Edit: That is pretty bad though...

Wentz going to a smaller school in North Dakota also worked against him in the eyes of the public.

North Dakota State is a lot different then North Carolina State.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Michael Lombardi
‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL

Many teams do, According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers R Foster will require a 2nd surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff

Hindl

Michael Lombardi
‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL

Many teams do, According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers R Foster will require a 2nd surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff

Damn no wonder he fell. Once he started falling like that I was glad the Eagles didn't take him. That doesn't sound good

Wentz going to a smaller school in North Dakota also worked against him in the eyes of the public.

North Dakota State is a lot different then North Carolina State.

Wentz was much further along mentally than Trubisky was at this point. You could actually see Wentz read defenses at NDST.

Trubisky's ceiling is Alex Smith, his floor is Blaine Gabbert. I think this draft was just horrendous for QBs and the Bears panicked.

Fox318

Would you have taken the chiefs or Texans trade? I was really high on Adams so I wouldn't, but I can see the argument for it. Especially with how so many top players slid down into the 20s.

Bowles sucks but let's be real, we're a 3-13 team this year no matter what we get in the draft. He's probably gone after this year, and Adams is the kind of talent that can attract a solid head coach to the team. Plus if Lee progresses this year at least we have somebody good and young at every level of the defense.

I would have.

Team has too many needs. They need players like crazy

MechDX

Boil it all down Watson will have success as a QB in this league. He was passed on by the Browns TWICE.

Kiss of success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom