• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Tammy hasn't won many Superbowls since that relationship started has he?

Ben hasn't really won any since the raping stopped either... :(

So you're Pro-Rape?

And you think we're weird for believing in the cancer curing power of stomach punches!

Oozer3993

Fuck Flynn.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Nope that's just being a Browns fan.

I highly doubt the Browns sign Flynn:

Heckert also re-iterated what he said at the end of last season: that the Browns are unlikely to sign a big-name free agent quarterback. That would seem to rule out a strong pitch for Packers backup quarterback Matt Flynn, one of the biggest names set to hit the market on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, he didn't rule out using the #22 pick in a trade:

The Browns haven't ruled out trading their No. 22 pick. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the Browns currently don't want to surrender that pick to move up to No. 2. "Never say never,'' Heckert said.

Source.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone else have a gut feeling Manning ends up in Houston?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyone else have a gut feeling Manning ends up in Houston?

So.....Indy gonna get "Favre'd"?

Of course the difference is that Manning hasn't threatened to retire 17 times in the last 6 years and actually done so once or twice.

I thought Blackmon was supposed to be "slow"? ESPN reporting unofficial 4.41 / 4.46 for his 2 times.

Apparently Andre Johnson had a 4.41 when he was drafted...

So basically Blackmon is going to go early then!

Bills have resigned Kirk Morrison. With the switch to the 4-3, he may get more playing time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/bills-re-sign-kirk-morrison/

The team announced Friday that it has re-signed linebacker Kirk Morrison. Jay Glazer of FOX reports that it is a two-year deal with the veteran who joined the team before the 2011 season. Morrison played in a reserve role in 14 games and didn’t have much impact. The switch to a 4-3 defense is shaking things up for the linebackers in Buffalo, however, and Morrison is believed to have a strong chance at landing a starting role in the new scheme.

I remember being interested in Morrison when he was available as the MLB for the Giants...

hiryu

Browns have 8 scouts, the GM, and WR coach all at Oklahoma States pro day. I'd be happy with Blackmon at 4 and Weeden at 37.

Heckert was raving about Weeden at his press conference yesterday. Probably all a smokescreen though.

jakncoke said:
Nice, Saved by the Bell is coming to Instant Stream.
screech-saved-by-the-bell-354247_253_260.jpg

Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Saints guard Jahri Evans also restructured his contract, saving New Orleans about $2 million on the cap.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer restructured his contract Thursday, saving the Raiders about $9 million on the cap.

$9 million!?

Godslay

Banned
He was also counting the inevitable AFC Championship game featuring Manning vs Tebow.
No real reason to get rid of Tebow. I would be surprised if we got rid of him, if we land Manning.

Humble guy that would ride the bench without issue, and observe/learn from Manning.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think I'd watch more than 10 or 15 minutes of Saved by the Bell for nostalgia purposes.

It's like trying to go back and watch the Super Mario Bros. Super Show or something...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Manning to Broncos is about the only way I can imagine Denver getting rid of Tebow without a public outcry.

...it's genius. It would shut the fans up, give them a legit shot at the SB, and Tebow wouldn't say shit either. Because, you know. Jesus.

39 posts into the new page and obviously we've hit intermission on the FMT vs. Squall Debate.

Cue commercial.

I'm sure the contestants will be right back, so stay with us, folks.

Slo

How about I say that the latest 3 movies didn't ruin the series. The series was ruined from the very start.

Manning visiting Denver IMO is just him jumping through the hoops, giving everyone a fair evaluation. I'm sure he has a select few teams narrowed down for his potential landing spot, but he is willing to hear everyone out.

My co-workers are going on incessantly about Star Wars again. Kill them, or kill myself?

Kill yourself, that way when you reincarnate you have a chance to be a fan of a real team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom