• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Hitz 20-03 Appreciation Thread

Mainline

Well since the NHL is finally on it's way back I thought I'd make a thread about my favorite hockey game, NHL Hitz 20-03. Obviously not for the hockey sim fan, it's pretty much a great arcade style hockey game, get 2 friends and play 3 vs the computer and its one of the best multiplayer games IMO on any console (it's on all 3), so much fun. Since Blackbox is now owned by EA (I believe) I hope they create an NHL Street type game and let Blackbox work on it.

hitz2003_080502_07.jpg

hitz2003_080502_01.jpg

hitz2003_080502_06.jpg

Duality

Probably my favourite hockey game. The extras are awesome and dumping and chasing works very well in this game, though a bit better in Hitz Pro.

I just remembered I own the Cube version of this game.. I've never opened it though.. I bought it at K-Mart roughly a year ago for $5..

This game kicks all manners of ass from here to right over there. I lost many a night to this game with some friends. The franchise mode was fun, I was a big fan of making a team with nothing but animal head players and going to town jacking people up. It was always a competition with my friends and I to see who could get more hits in a game.

Hitz Pro was just awful next to this in my opinion. The fun of Hitz 03 is its simplicity. Smaller rinks, smaller teams, larger body count! If Blackbox is with EA, this bodes well for NHL Street if they make it, but it wont be the same without the announcer. I know the midway announcer gets lots of hate everywhere, but I found his comments funny. Favorite has to be after losing a fight he says "say goodbye to the nice man kids!"

stolin

Well considering when EA purchased Black Box most of the NHL Hitz team left to form Next Level Games I wouldn't hold out waiting for it....

They did NHL Hitz Pro out of the gate and are now working on Super Mario Strikers (like Soccer Slam!).

WindyMan

I played all three games in the series. I loved 20-02, and 20-03 is undoubtedly my favorite. I initially liked Hitz Pro too, but after having it for a while I realized that it didn't hold a candle to '03.

Next Level did a pretty good job with Hitz Pro despite the change in style, though. Them and Blackbox are still great developers either way, even though Blackbox might soon be known as "EA 'Your location here'"

Memles

Huge fan of the game, although my brother has really gotten into it in his recent unemployment after graduating. There's some intense 2-Player multiplayer in there along with the three-players on one team stuff. It is simply a very versatile title for multiplayer, and the initial time spent in franchise mode is damn good in itself. Thumbs up for this game, for sure.

I played some of 20-02, but it doesn't hold a candle to 03...there's just something about it that really works.

Mainline

I really wasn't happy with Hitz Pro, the conversion to 5 vs 5 just wasn't hitz anymore, I really liked the 3v3, lots of open ice, lots of huge hits. I'm glad some other people like the game too, I thought I was the only one :D

FightyF

Banned
Awesome game.

I'm a fan of BB...now Next Level. I didn't know that they were working on Mario Strikers...I might have to actually buy it!

I would have KILLED for this game to have featured Xbox Live support.

With no Hitz network play, I was forced to turn to the crapfest that is the netcode for NHL 2K5. Thats one awesome hockey game, but I think I have seen the "a network problem has occured that prevents this game from continuing" more times than any other screen in the game. :(

That being said, I am REALLY looking forward to the next Blitz, since it will feature Live support... and if there is a Hitz following, I hope they do the same thing.

Top Bottom