• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nine Inch Nails / Jane's Addicition 2009 Tour dates announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! NIN/JA TOUR is ALIVE!!

ninja2009.png

Trent Reznor @ NIN.COM said:
3.3.09: some official NIN/JA tour dates
Here's what we can tell you so far:

Fri-May-08 West Palm Beach, FL [Cruzan Amphitheatre]
Sat-May-09 Tampa, FL [Ford Amphitheatre]
Sun-May-10 Atlanta, GA [Lakewood Amphitheatre]
Thu-May-14 Albuquerque, NM [Journal Pavilion]
Fri-May-15 Phoenix, AZ [Cricket Wireless Pavilion]
Sat-May-16 Chula Vista, CA [Cricket Wireless Amphitheater]
Mon-May-18 Las Vegas, NV [The Pearl]
Wed-May-20 Irvine, CA [Verizon Wireless Amphitheater – Irvine Meadows]
Fri-May-22 Mountain View, CA [Shoreline Amphitheatre]
Tue-May-26 Englewood, CO [Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre]
Wed-May-27 Kansas City, MO [Starlight Theatre]
*** Fri-May-29 Chicago, IL [Charter One Pavilion] NINE INCH NAILS Only
Sat-May-30 Noblesville, IN [Verizon Wireless Music Center]
Sun-May-31 Clarkston, MI [DTE Energy Music Theatre]
Tue-Jun-02 Toronto, ON [Molson Amphitheatre]
Wed-Jun-03 Darien Lake, NY [Darien Lake Amphitheatre]
Fri-Jun-05 Camden, NJ [Tweeter Center At The Waterfront]
Sat-Jun-06 Holmdel, NJ [PNC Bank Arts Center]
Sun-Jun-07 Wantagh, NY [Nikon at Jones Beach Music Theater]
Tue-Jun-09 Columbia, MD [Merriweather Post Pavilion]
Wed-Jun-10 Burgettstown, PA [Post-Gazette Pavilion]
Fri-Jun-12 Charlotte, NC [Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre]

June 2nd, Here I Come!! :D

Oh and more dates to come... SOON!

Fri-May-29 Chicago, IL [Charter One Pavilion] NINE INCH NAILS Only

I fucking love Charter One Pavillion! Damn, no JA :( Oh well, I still cant believe I missed NIN at Lolla 08...I NEED to attend this!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wed-May-20 Irvine, CA [Verizon Wireless Amphitheater – Irvine Meadows]

Been there before! I'll think about it..!

armubaba

I've heard very little of NIN and literally nothing from Jane's Addiction, but from what people have told me Reznor is killer live and the light show is to die for. Is this supposed to be a final tour for NIN, or am I mistaken?

I might go to the Shoreline show. Maybe.

armubaba said:
I've heard very little of NIN and literally nothing from Jane's Addiction, but from what people have told me Reznor is killer live and the light show is to die for. Is this supposed to be a final tour for NIN, or am I mistaken?

I might go to the Shoreline show. Maybe.

Most likely the final tour of NIN until Reznor gives NIN an indefinite break...

Perhaps since JA wont be playing with NIN in Chicago, that makes me believe that they could return in August and be on the bill for Lolla 09 a couple months later...just a guess. Perry does run the damn thing after all.

ANYWAYS, yeah...any info on when these tickets go on sale?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
just saw NIN on monday in their new '4 man' configuration and it was absolutely fucking brutal. from the intro right to the end of the 100 minute set there was an energy that was missing the last time i saw them, and it was awesome to see. killer setlist too :)

blanky

What's up with all the North American (etc) tour dates :( No lights in the sky over europe, not even a final tour?

Dead Man

blanky said:
What's up with all the North American (etc) tour dates :( No lights in the sky over europe, not even a final tour?
I just saw NIN in Australia in a festival, so I know they are not coming back here :(

armubaba said:
I've heard very little of NIN

Oh get on that. They're great. Originally I wasn't the biggest fan but it's awesome, primal, visceral rock music at it's best.

The Slip ---> The Downward Spiral ---> Year Zero --->
Ghosts I-IV ---> The Fragile ---> Broken ---> Self-Titled ---> With Teeth

Personally I like "The Slip" and "Year Zero" the best. They're the most mainstream and accessible and TDS is pretty intense all the time which I find overwhelming. "The Fragile" is softer with more synth, piano, and electronic ambience.

TDS is considered by most to be NIN's definitive album though.

armubaba said:
..literally nothing from Jane's Addiction

If you listen to one, listen to "Ritual De Lo Habitual". Awesome, awesome stuff.
If you listen to two, listen to RDLH and "Nothings Shocking".
Killer records, amazing chemistry, very ahead of their time.

Please don't listen to anything else. :lol

armubaba said:
People have told me Reznor is killer live and the light show is to die for.

This is true, especially with Robin. However you missed out with as the new tour will not have the light show. It's since been retired.
It forced the band to stick to a rigid setlist and Trent felt that it became "like a play", so they've ditched it. Not to mention it was insanely expensive.

You also missed out as Josh Freese is no longer in NIN, but his replacement, Ilan Rubin of Lost Prophets fame is pretty darn good in his own right.

Go see 'em fella!

omg rite said:
Severe lack of Massachusetts.
Seriously.

Last tour they did three new england dates. They must be adding at least one.

Though I am not looking forward to sitting through Jane's Addiction.

Raistlin

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Seriously.

Your name is so fitting :p

Raistlin

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Seriously.

Your name is so fitting :p

Fuzyfrog

I just preordered the JA Cabinet of Curiosity's box set.

Trying to justify flying from nz to the usa just to see them

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Tom Morello+Boots Riley are now opening as well

Ugh

Ugh as in you're happy or sad?

Cause I'm Freaking happy!! :D :D

Trent Reznor @ NIN.COM said:
Our tour this summer with Jane's Addiction just got that much cooler. I'm happy to announce the addition of
- the new project featuring Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine / The Nightwatchman) and Boots Riley (The Coup). Have an exclusive first listen RIGHT HERE.

We are aiming to make this much more than just three acts sharing a bill...

Tour dates RIGHT HERE.

On sale info coming soon.

More than 3 acts? NICE! :D :D

ninja2009.png

Saul Williams is also rumored to perform.

deadbeef

My sister got to go see the first Lollapalooza with NIN and Jane's Addiction, and all I got was a stupid T-Shirt. I've never forgiven her! *shakes fist*

I saw Tom and Boots perform some of their early material for "Street Sweeper" twice last year. I really dug it...some of the yet to be released songs sound very "Rage Like". If they're playing at a show that you plan on going to, I highly recommend showing up early for their set.

Numbers

I got in on the presale for this tour :D

Post-Gazette Pavilion in Burgettstown, PA! Only like an hour and a half away from me!

$225 for 2 tickets, what a whore!

Oreoleo

numbers said:
I got in on the presale for this tour :D

Post-Gazette Pavilion in Burgettstown, PA! Only like an hour and a half away from me!

$225 for 2 tickets, what a whore!

You got pit tix then huh? I just got some seats in the pavilion for the same show.

Numbers

Orellio said:
You got pit tix then huh? I just got some seats in the pavilion for the same show.
We can totally meet up and GAF orgy before the show! :p

I saw the LitS tour in Cleveland.. it was really cool, but I had seats way in the back. This will be the second concert I've ever seen! and the first in the pit. I hope it will be way more fun :D

Oreoleo

numbers said:
We can totally meet up and GAF orgy before the show! :p

I saw the LitS tour in Cleveland.. it was really cool, but I had seats way in the back. This will be the second concert I've ever seen! and the first in the pit. I hope it will be way more fun :D

Hah, I saw the With Teeth tour in Cleveland and was in practically the last row of the Gund. It was kind of a let down; being so far away you lose a lot of the energy.

This is your 2nd concert ever? Not just 2nd NIN show? You're in for a treat in the pit. It's gonna be like an entirely different show.

junker

Are the presale tickets actually decent seats? I'm definitely going to the Irvine show. I saw them there during the With Teeth tour.

Oreoleo

junker said:
Are the presale tickets actually decent seats? I'm definitely going to the Irvine show. I saw them there during the With Teeth tour.

Trent Reznor said:
NIN gets 10% of the available seats for our own pre-sale. We won a tough (and I mean TOUGH) battle to get the best seats. We require you to sign up at our site (for free) to get tickets. We limit the amount you can buy, we print your name on the tickets and we have our own person let you in a separate entrance where we check your ID to match the ticket. We charge you a surcharge that has been less than TicketMaster's or Live Nation's in all cases so far to pay for the costs of doing this - it's not a profit center for us. We have essentially stopped scalping by doing these things - because we want true fans to be able to get great seats and not get ripped off by these parasites.

Short answer: Yes.

Bebpo

Banned
The tickets for Irvine are fucking expensive.

$99 tier 1
$76 tier 2

I've never paid that much for any concert in my life. But I've never seen NIN live and this might be the final tour for a long time :( Guess I'm going to be paying $$$$$$ :(

gkryhewy

Sweet, got my presale tickets for Camden NJ! I found really good seats in the cheapest price level - second tier of sections (202), but dead center. $50 including fees.

hsin

Banned
Unfortunately, none of these locations are convenient for me. :(

Everyone enjoy themselves twice as much for my sake!

Bebpo

Banned
Tried again and got 2 tickets for the $75 tier-2 seats. Unfortunately the section/row they gave me does not match up with the official website seating chart so I have no idea what kind of seats I just paid $175 for... ^^;

At least I'll be seeing them.

junker

Bebpo said:
Tried again and got 2 tickets for the $75 tier-2 seats. Unfortunately the section/row they gave me does not match up with the official website seating chart so I have no idea what kind of seats I just paid $175 for... ^^;

At least I'll be seeing them.

I suppose I'll try again on the official onsale date but if I get a terrace seat, I may just forget it. I hate buying concert tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom