• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo could be gearing up to announce new Hardware

Fredrik

That would be AMAZING if true.
This re-skined switch is coming out in August. If Nintendo RELEASES a Switch pro THIS YEAR, wouldn’t that make the owners of the Splatoon OLED pissed? that also means the announcement is coming by September at the latest.

If it was a Zelda themed Switch I’d probably get it but I’d still be mad If they released a better Switch within a couple months of my purchase.
Sounds like a bad idea yeah. But never underestimate Nintendo!

They could be...

or they could not be
Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Office

ultrazilla

I'd be all in for a more powerful "tv only" Switch console. If it means Nintendo embraces 4k and aims for 60fps performance.

If they could even make the base hardware do 1080/60fps with DLSS bumping performance up to 4k now that would in interesting.

There's no doubt in my mind we'll be getting a new "Next" Switch model releasing with The LOZ: BOTW2.

gundalf

Nintendo has:
  • Spent over 66,517 million yen on raw materials (twice they spent for the Switch Lite)
  • Trademarked "NSW" which is often used in NVIDIA files to refer to the Switch platform
  • Private'd their YouTube videos for the Lite & OLED

lol but those points don't lead to a Switch successor, what's going on here 'shrug*

ZoolNL

Nintendo has a known cycle to release every 6 years.
Wii was omega successful, they still released the wii u 6 years later.
Same with Sony.
They released ps3 despite ps2 being sony's best selling console ever.
Wiiu was released in 2012 and switch was 2017 but announced in 2016. So it’s about time.. wii was released in 2006 and replaced in 2012 indeed. Gamecube was 2001 or 2002?

Whatever.. it’s time

MacReady13

A super powerful Nintendo console (PS5 equivalent) that plays only on TV AND they allow us to buy retro games instead of renting them and I'm all in. Release a weak console/portable hybrid and it will be the 1st time I don't purchase a Nintendo console.

ZoolNL

A super powerful Nintendo console (PS5 equivalent) that plays only on TV AND they allow us to buy retro games instead of renting them and I'm all in. Release a weak console/portable hybrid and it will be the 1st time I don't purchase a Nintendo console.
Hahahaha

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'd be all in for a more powerful "tv only" Switch console. If it means Nintendo embraces 4k and aims for 60fps performance.

If they could even make the base hardware do 1080/60fps with DLSS bumping performance up to 4k now that would in interesting.

There's no doubt in my mind we'll be getting a new "Next" Switch model releasing with The LOZ: BOTW2.
I really doubt they're gonna over-complicate things by adding another mode. Handheld, Base, and then Boosted. Three modes. I don't think that's gonna happen. I think they will go straight next-gen when the time comes, with two modes, through and through..

That said, it's too soon in my humble opinion. But I'd love to be wrong.

What people seem to forget is that access to more information doesn't just mean that you have more information. It also means that you have more false information.

sachos

Man i really hope they go for a home conosole only "pro" version together with the usual hybrid model.

Top Bottom