• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for Sept 14, 2017 (midnight CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatNXt

Nintendo, behold my desires:

• Decent System Update, search by username, add friends by facebook/twitter as with Mario Run app, simple messaging and notifications
  • Cheevos
  • "We're vastly improving the Switch Online app" OR "We're scrapping the Switch Online app"
  • Netflix, YouTube and such.
  • Video sharing (if its possible)
  • Shock game announcement, optional shock peripheral announcement
  • Announcements that make Christmas awesome
  • VC (I have a SNES Classic pre-order, I still want VC damn-it!).. better yet, VC and special VC Joycon
  • Rocket league goodness
  • GIFable material

So apparently the Japanese direct is 50 minutes long:
DJcuA2gX0AIWeSn.jpg:small

Gaf gonna salivate

HylianTom

Banned
Please, dearest Nayru, announce a release date for BotW DLC #2.. my coworkers will hate me, but I'm taking a week off when it drops.

Is this the first time when Nintendo announces how long a direct is right when announcing the Direct? At least for a non-E3 direct.

Every time they announce a Direct people go crazy speculating the time and ended up disappointed at E3, maybe they've learned to actually get ahead of that speculation.

Video capture.

Ah good call, I really hope that's coming soon. Hopefully a major OS update is coming, with save transfers/cloud saves and Wifi fixes, and we know they're working on achievements.

Ridley327

The "mainly focused on what's heading to Switch and 3DS" makes me think they may talk about Switch OS updates or the online service too... they (almost?) never discuss mobile games in Directs.

Maybe some more SNES Classic details actually?
What more do we need to know about the SNES Classic? We've had videos showing footage of games running on it already, including Star Fox 2, and we know its full set of features. The only thing I can see them doing is a quick mention of its release date at the end of the month.

inb4 a good portion of it is focused on Metroid Samus Returns, the game that's already got more than enough coverage and comes out this week

HeySeuss

Anybody know if I can watch it live on my Switch? I know they have them available after but I've never tried to watch it live on there.

6 is my TV time and it'd be pretty cool to watch it live. I guess I could watch it on my WiiU if nothing else...

Laieon

Hoping it's more for Switch than DS, but I'd be content with 50/50. Expecting dates for things we know are coming but might not have concrete release dates yet (Rocket League, Stardew Valley, etc...).

teaveee

Give me release dates for xenoblade 2, skyrim, rocket league, and stardew valley and I'll be set. Bonus points for Smash, Animal Crossing, or Mario Party.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"over the next few months" - this is good. Might get some previews of some 2018 games too. Hopefully new 2018 games, not delayed to 2018.

I wonder if they will present now the full details for the online subscription.

I also wonder if they will finally show some non-gaming apps.

Fireblend

Banned
Crossing my fingers for 30 minutes of regular Direct with new game info/announcements, and then 15 minutes focusing on a Xenoblade 2 blowout concluding with a release date announcement *_*

Are these two versions different versions like the april direct had? Is that a thing for Nintendo?

Every region usually gets their own Directs with slight changes, various games included/excluded, yeah. The major worldwide stuff is the same but there's tons of Japanese directs for example that have Japan-only/unlocalized games.

Magypsy

Yessssss ima get myself a nice beer and enjoy this

(Nintendo please announce a Classic Controller to Switch adapter thank you)

Oh shit, This will happen right as I'm driving home from work. Gonna have to disable Twitter notifications so my phone doesn't blow up while I'm in the car. Can't believe how long it is! I wonder if they'll announce anything we haven't seen yet for Switch...

I've been saying that I believe now is the perfect time to launch VC on Switch. Get it out there to drive people towards their full console while SNES Classic hype is maxed out. They sure as hell won't cut into the demand for SNES Classic by having the same games on Switch.

Also: Random speculation but I'm convinced that when we do get VC on Switch, it'll include Wii games and bluetooth support for Wii-Remotes.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Every time they announce a Direct people go crazy speculating the time and ended up disappointed at E3, maybe they've learned to actually get ahead of that speculation.

I don't know, maybe. For me it sounds like a lot of confidence coming out from this announcement.

Neoxon

Looks like the leaks were real. I'd imagine that we'll get release dates for Xenoblade 2 , the 2nd Zelda DLC pack, & Skyrim in this (hopefully Rocket League, too).

Zedark

Every region usually gets their own Directs with slight changes, various games included/excluded, yeah. The major worldwide stuff is the same but there's tons of Japanese directs for example that have Japan-only/unlocalized games.
Alright, so it would make sense that the Taiko and Tales games would feature only in the Japanese TGS since they likely aren't going to be localised soon.

seady

Stardew Valley release date (September 28)
Picross Switch (October 31)
Super Mario Odyssey gameplay
Monster Hunter XX coming oversea (January 11)
Bayonetta 1+2 announcement (February 14), with hint of Bayonetta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom