• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

cvxfreak

jarosh said:
ign editors at nintendo e3 conference in 2006

ign2006.jpg

:lol :lol

Cheebs

BorkBork said:
Pretty good 2005 too. The DS lineup was widely regarded as the best lineup for any system.
Yep. 2001 was also a great e3. Nintendo has had great e3's every year but 2003.

lancubap

It is almost unbelievable that in 3 days we will finally discover the Wii's games. We have wait for so much time that it seems irreal now.

acidviper

Banned
soundwave05 said:
My predictions ...
Star Wars Lightsaber Wii title from LucasArts.
You could make a light saber game where whatever you cut melts like butter, but to have a dueling game would not be possible.

Majmun

Hopefully we'll get...

- Mario 128 demonstration
- Pikmin Wii announcement
- Metroid 3 playable

I'm really looking forward to this. Wii will be an instant purchase anyway.

My TOP 5:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Metroid Prime 3
3. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
4. Red Steel
5. Any RPGs.......

What i noticed, everyone talking about 1 thing beside Wii is Mario 128.

Did I missed something about Mario 128 announcement?
Has Nintendo confirmed they're showing Mario 128 this year?

I'm looking forward to it. I don't think I'll follow it live since I'll be having dinner when it starts :p

My hopes:
- The Wiimote is a universally accepted succes :p
- Wii launches this year in Europe and it's cheap with at least Prime 3 as a launch title
- Metroid Prime 3 has everything I hope for: Final chapter in the Prime series. Destination: the source of the Phazon, a planet with alien landscape and wildlife, mutated by Phazon. Lot's of Metroids, evolved/mutated by Phazon. More Metroid forms like on SSR (Alpha/Beta/Zeta/Omega) would be great :D Released this year
- Metroid 5: Dread for DS, a sequel to Fusion. Released this year
- Pikmin Wii with (online) co-op

Wink

acidviper said:
You could make a light saber game where whatever you cut melts like butter, but to have a dueling game would not be possible.

Let's wait and see, alright? Red Steel has some sword duels, so we will know more very soon.

A little part inside of me is hoping that Nintendo will make the DS their megaton of E3 and unveil huge games that NOBODY expected to come out for the DS, from Nintendo and 3rd parties alike. I know Wii is going to have a huge presence by Nintendo, but I'd like a HUGE presence of DS, maybe even bigger than last year. I <3 DS. Best Nintendo system in years (and a good successor to the GBA). :x

Oh, and...

DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY

-72 Hours Remaining-

Personally, what i'd like to see is a 2 screen set up on the stage or w/e, one screen showing the TGS wii-mote video, and the other showing the games that are actually being played. Granted this would mean that all the examples shown in the video are from existing games.. which would mean the following games are needed (judged on my own analysis of vid):

Tennis Game
Cooking Game (there is one for DS one assumes it is not too far fetched to assume there is one for Wii)
Music Game (both the conducting and drumming could come from the same game - Jam With the Band Wii or something, i dunno :x)
Baseball Game (wasn't there one on GC that Nintendo were making that suddenly disapeared? Moved to Wii maybe?)
Fishing Game (Sega Bass Fishing :D haha)
Dentist Game (well thats what the video shows, but one assumes this could just be one aspect of a medical game like Under the Knife or w/e)
Mario (judging by jump noise - pretty much guaranteed - woo +1 for my theory haha)
Adventure (Luigi's Mansion? Torch and walkin about? maybe?)
Party Game (If mario party doesn't show up on Wii at some point, i will put on a pink dress and whore myself out to Microsoft Employees)
Shooter (Metroid Prime 3?)
Another Party Game (fly squishing - isnt that in Warioware Touched? Warioware Wii perhaps? - only issue being that the interaction apears to last longer than your standard Warioware stuff, but its best I can come up with haha)
Adventure (Zelda?)

Tis just a thought.. who knows ^_^

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i really hope Tingle is a central character in Zelda: TP and Zelda: PH.

edit: omfg... i just saw that wiicast. wtf? it was terrible. what scares me is we hope that the IGN boards are filled with 10 years olds, but in fact it's filled with pathetic fully grown men like this...

*beep* "oh, that's my dinner."

:lol

Top Bottom