• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

ndreamer

i think there is about 5 doing it. nintendo is on there offical page & gamespot will probley be the beater feeds unless 1up is doing streaming live as well.

ethelred

gamergirly said:
It never was about the Twilight Princess game. It was about you asking for where it was said that the Tingle rpg was cancelled because of the statement below:

that you directly quoted. I gave you the quote where this was said, which didnt mention anything about a Tingle rpg being cancelled. Then you want to say it's old news. Why ask about something that you shouldve know to begin with?

If you "intended" to say "Where did they ever say that the Tingle rpg was cancelled?", that's what you should have said. Instead of quoting something then asking about "that". There's no reading comprehension here, you just a failure to express yourself. And clearly state what youre asking about. It, them, they, that, or this can be anything.

I said the game wasn't cancelled Littlewig said the game was cancelled, I asked if he had a link for that. Considering there had been six+ posts talking about a specific game, the context was pretty clear.

If that is still too complex, then I give up. Like I said, if you can't tell that that entire convo was entirely focused on Tingle RPG, then you need to improve your reading comprehension. :)

DrGAKMAN

Banned
ahmad said:
They don't have a developer's kit yet, that is why they made the trailer with a real woman

I dunno...I mean...I just don't know. Remember one of the first things Nintendo said was that small developers with big ideas could easily make games, even with small budgets. Were they specifically refering to guys like NIBRIS? They say they don't have devkits...yet the woman was clearly holding a Wiimote in one shot. And yeah, they could just be attention whores posting pics of vaporware...but who would go to such great lengths as to hire a model and pay big money to make a movie-quality trailor for nothing?

IF there's a built-in camera in the system, then these shots make sense. To me, with the whole gothic/B&W look they're going for something deep, as in an engrossing type of game. I think the shots shown are to show that you (the player) are looking into a real world and thus you feel you're a part of it. You may see yourself in the game, but it would merely be a mirror effect with the camera, then (like in the pic) if the Wiimote acted as a torch it would brighten your face on-screen thru augmented reality and make you think that you're actually holding a torch. Move the Wiimote towards a certain point on the screen and it too would light up whatever environment is there. Not rocket science, but definatly emmersing. Then imagine you see something horrific like a dead body or a ghost and the camera catches your body launguage and the on-screen image is quickly switched to your facial reaction to whatever it was that you just saw. The video capture for this type of game would only be made easier/more realistic due to it being in B&W too.

I don't know...maybe the "trailer" is real and it'll be one of many at E3?

gimz

posted?

http://blog.wired.com/games/index.blog?entry_id=1474037
E3 2006 Predictions: Nintendo
Topic: Console Games

Whoops! I was planning on posting Nintendo predictions immediately after the Sony ones went up, but then FedEx arrived with my copy of New Super Mario Bros. You guys are lucky I even found the strength to shut it off, by cracky. Anyway that means I can kick off my Nintendo predictions with

*New Super Mario Bros. will be totally awesome. This is not so much a prediction as it is a fact, but most people will be discovering it for the first time at E3 and will realize how cool it is. The only problem is that the E3 demo will only be a couple of brief areas, not enough to show off the extraordinarily deep level of content therein. But it ships on the 15th, so it won't be long.
*As awesome as NSMB will be, it won't be the best DS game on the show floor. And to really throw you for a loop: neither will Zelda.
*Remember the amazing surprise when Twilight Princess was shown off at E3 2004? Nintendo's press conference on Tuesday will be something on the order of two dozen of those "holy shit!" moments, all strung together. Fanboy tears will flow.
*Nintendo will make some surprising announcements about online for both DS and Wii.
The "nunchuck" attachment for the Wii will also have an accelerometer inside it -- it won't be able to detect the position of the controller relative to the screen, but it will be able to detect tilt.
*Mario, Animal Crossing, and Super Smash Bros. will be shown for Wii, but that won't be the extent of the lineup. There will be plenty of new franchises geared towards the casual market. Expect Nintendo to also show plenty of tech demos that may or may not become full products.
*Wii, like PS3, will be in a closed-off area at E3. No Wii kiosks at third party developers' booths. The line will be significantly longer than any other wait period at E3, including PS3.
*DS will take up the majority of Nintendo's remaining show floor space, but the GameCube and GBA will play host to a few games each. There won't be many of them, but they'll be there. Zelda Twilight Princess will be out in the open, although the Wii functionality may only be demonstrated in the Wii room.
*Wii's graphics will be better than expected, but (of course) significantly less detailed than PS3 and 360.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Remember the amazing surprise when Twilight Princess was shown off at E3 2004? Nintendo's press conference on Tuesday will be something on the order of two dozen of those "holy shit!" moments, all strung together. Fanboy tears will flow.

I'm guessing Kid Icarus will show up in a reborn Dead Phoenix from Capcom. That game has be MIA since it was "canned", and it's the obvious fate for it.

Then they'll announce that the Wii will have Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Icarus in the "Launch Window".

Then again, Miyamoto can blink and fanboy tears will flow.

"He blinked!"

"Can anyone confirm that?"

"Yes, I can confirm Shiggy blinked!"

"Video of the BLINK compressing now!"

"Was it one eye or both?"

"I believe it was both eyes."

"BLINKATON!"

trilobyte

ManaByte said:
I'm guessing Kid Icarus will show up in a reborn Dead Phoenix from Capcom. That game has be MIA since it was "canned", and it's the obvious fate for it.

Then they'll announce that the Wii will have Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Icarus in the "Launch Window".

Then again, Miyamoto can blink and fanboy tears will flow.

"He blinked!"

"Can anyone confirm that?"

"Yes, I can confirm Shiggy blinked!"

"Video of the BLINK compressing now!"

"Was it one eye or both?"

"I believe it was both eyes."

"BLINKATON!"

OMG Do you have video of said blinks?

Top 5 for me

5) Zelda TP(again)
4) Wii Pilotwings
3) Wii Mario
2) Starfox 2 DS (or whatever they change it to)
1) Super Smash Brothers Wii

Oh and honorable mentions are phantom hourglass, and anything that Intelligent Systems touches. Come on Fire Emblem DS/Wii...

Nobody seems to be expecting WarioWare at the show. I'd put that down as a title that has to be at launch, personally. It's another platform that seems tailor made for it.

*As awesome as NSMB will be, it won't be the best DS game on the show floor. And to really throw you for a loop: neither will Zelda.

Hmm I just went back and saw this....

I am gonna put my money on the DS shooter(starfox 2?) that was mentioned in that french interview with Miyamoto.:)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
jarosh said:
oh lancubap
frustration_00.jpg

Jefklak

Everyone is so excited about Wii they forget the possible more-than-awesome DS lineup

Disciples II DS, lol
Jagged Alliance II DS (LAL)
Contact ENG
Children of Mana ENG
Ouendan ENG
Mother 3, lol
Wario the Thief, more lol
Fire Emblem DS (LAL)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle DS (LAL)
Sonic Rush 2 (LAL)
Metroid Dread, lol
Tales of the Tempest
Final Fantasy III
Starfox DS
New! Super Mario Bros. playable, again
Panzer Tactics
Meteos - Disney
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Cooking mama ENG, lol
More great platformers
More great TBS/TRPG games
More great great games

... BITCHES
edit: LAL = forget it. lol = little chance.
edit2: shaft, add if I fogrot some, can't get them all, added more now

Jefklak said:
Everyone is so excited about Wii they forget the possible more-than-awesome DS lineup

Disciples II DS, lol
Contact ENG
Children of Mana ENG
Ouendan ENG
Mother 3, lol
Fire Emblem DS (LAL)
Sonic Rush 2 (LAL)
Metroid Dread, lol
Tales of the Tempest
Final Fantasy III
Starfox DS
More great platformers
More great great games

... BITCHES

U forgot ash. With the cinematic fighting scene's.

Jefklak said:

Disciples II DS, lol
Contact ENG
Children of Mana ENG
Ouendan ENG
Mother 3, lol
Fire Emblem DS (LAL)
Sonic Rush 2 (LAL)
Metroid Dread, lol
Tales of the Tempest
Final Fantasy III
Starfox DS
New! Super Mario Bros. playable, again
Panzer Tactics
Meteos - Disney
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Cooking mama ENG, lol
More great platformers
More great great games

... BITCHES
edit2: shaft, add if I fogrot some, can't get them all, added more now

Nice add. Thanks! Interested to see which have Wiinectivity.

Boards of Canada said:
Thank God a bunch of sites are streaming the video for free. I'm staying home Tuesday morning.

Yeah, it makes you wonder how long those sites will hold up tho. Some of em went down last year

Jefklak

gamergirly said:
Yeah, it makes you wonder how long those sites will hold up tho. Some of em went down last year

I only remember I saw parts of Reggie's speech because the streaming server couldn't handle verything... Quite annoying.

User 7575

Banned
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

GAMING CHANGES IN TWO DAYS. GAMING IS NEW AGAIN IN TWO DAYS. ARE YOU FUCKING READY? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. READY?

Bhav

Roders5 said:
They are the UK times

Sort of - UK is currently in British Summer Time, which means it's 8 hours ahead of Los Angeles time.

So Sony's Conference will begin a midnight for those of us in the UK.

Nintendo's conference is at 9:30am local, so it's at 5:30pm UK.

Microsoft's conference is at 11:30am local, so it's at 7:30pm UK.

Countdown

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

GAMING CHANGES IN TWO DAYS. GAMING IS NEW AGAIN IN TWO DAYS. ARE YOU FUCKING READY? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. READY?
wait... give me a sec.

YES AND MOTHERFUCKING AM! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

erm....maybe?

Oh wait, you didn't want that, *ahem*

HELL FUCKING YEAH, TIME FOR SOME OMGWTFBBQ TYPE SHIT BOOOOOOOIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saoh

MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

Image2.gif

FUCK. YEAAAAHHH!!

I´VE BEEN FUCKING READY SINCE LAST YEAR

BudokaiMR2 said:
erm....maybe?

Oh wait, you didn't want that, *ahem*

HELL FUCKING YEAH, TIME FOR SOME OMGWTFBBQ TYPE SHIT BOOOOOOOIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of BBQ, better get that steak on the grill :D

Top Bottom