• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Revolution SPEC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

loycuter

- CPU: IBM G5 Custom x 4core (respectively 2.5GHz), level 1 cache 128KB, a level 2 cache 512KB share

- GPU: RN520 x 2core (16MB eDRAM), N are the meaning of Nintendo, PC R520 AMR technology, Are different in ATi R500.

- Memory : 512MB. CPU GPU share

- PPU : the processor only for physical simulations (32MB)

- The independent audio processor

- 720p and 1080i HDTV standards.

http://www.unika.com.cn/article/article.php/2572

Koshiro

Am I the only one that doesn't care? I'd rather see games and innovation, hell I'd rather see what the machine looks like. Tech specs are just boring.

pestul

Kseutron said:
how would these specs compare to the xbox 360 ?
Probably comparable. These are the first numbers we've seen that are not 'out of this world' rediculous when you think about it. Interesting..

I'm still not sure about the designation of the ATI core though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kseutron said:
how would these specs compare to the xbox 360 ?

Easily more powerful*, if we believe the rumoured X360 specs. It'd give PS3 a run for its money, possibly beat it too. The only question mark would be how 2 r520s would match up (just a guess, but i'd say it would..i doubt the r500 in terms of raw performance is 2x the r520 at least). i'm also not sure how 2 r520s would fit in a console..i'm guessing they wouldn't be regular r520s, or it was a new dualcore gpu.

* as long as the PPU lived up to the hype, i mean..

pestul

gofreak said:
Easily more powerful*, if we believe the rumoured X360 specs. It'd give PS3 a run for its money, possibly beat it too. The only question mark would be how 2 r520s would match up (just a guess, but i'd say it would..i doubt the r500 in terms of raw performance is 2x the r520 at least). i'm also not sure how 2 r520s would fit in a console..i'm guessing they wouldn't be regular r520s, or it was a new dualcore gpu.

* as long as the PPU lived up to the hype, i mean..
Yeah.. I kinda missed the x4 core part. :p

pestul

From what I've said before.. I don't think it's possible to run a system like that in a tight box, w/o either a peltier or a 100dB air cooling solution.

pestul said:
From what I've said before.. I don't think it's possible to run a system like that in a tight box, w/o either a peltier or a 100dB air cooling solution.

That is why it's meant to be stored in your freezer! It comes packed in with a drill so you can get a powercord through the back.

pestul said:

Dont go that route, do you heard abou CELL.......?

pestul

I'm not really talking about the processors mostly.. a dual core R520 (limit of R300 tech) is gonna generate a lot of heat (when operating at full capacity).

neo2046

:lol LOL!!

the first sentence of the paragraph says, " today Foreign forum Gaming-century (age?) Forum has leaked out the spec of Nintendo's next gen TV game console"

pestul

CrimsonSkies said:
So 4 CPU cores and 2 GPU cores. Damn that's a lot of power.
Next headline:

Nintendo signs blockbuster deal with Antec.

*realises now that you were probably speaking about horsepower..

AB 101

Banned
- CPU: IBM G5 Custom x 4core (respectively 2.5GHz), level 1 cache 128KB, a level 2 cache 512KB share

- GPU: RN520 x 2core (16MB eDRAM), N are the meaning of Nintendo, PC R520 AMR technology, Are different in ATi R500.

- Memory : 512MB. CPU GPU share

- PPU : the processor only for physical simulations (32MB)

- The independent audio processor

- 720p and 1080i HDTV standards.

And just how much is this little wonder going to cost, especially factoring in all the revolutionary controller set up.

pestul

AB 101 said:
And just how much is this little wonder going to cost, especially factoring in all the revolutionary controller set up.
Nintendo decides to take a huge loss? Blasphemy.

Well, if these specs are true, then Rev is going to be up there with the competition, no matter what "innovation" comes with it. But do the specs really matter? Nintendo has repeatedly said that technology is not enough......as in it's not going to be the defining aspect of the console

Jonnyram

I dunno. I seem to remember it was a Chinese board that first came up with the rumour that Nintendogs got a perfect score in Famitsu... but as Koshiro said, specs mean nothing, wait for the games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
neo2046 said:

the first sentence of the paragraph says, " today Foreign forum Gaming-century (age?) Forum has leaked out the spec of Nintendo's next gen TV game console"

:lol :lol :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
neo2046 said:

hellooooooooo!!! guys!!!

im not too tech savy when it comes to this kind of stuff, but, i do think you guys should take into consideration that nintendo isn't as cheap as you think they are.

Johnny Nighttrain said:
contrary to popular belief, Nintendo does lose money on hardware at first here and there. they were losing about $50 on every GameCube at launch.

and something to keep in mind, the N64 came out a year later than the competetion, was more powerfull hardware, had a "wacky" controller, and was $100 cheaper to boot.

they've done it before, and they can do it again, and they definitely will.

not to mention they're a different company now. one that's willing to spend, and isn't going to hold back next gen.

you should already know this is fake because official word from NoJ's Iwata and ATi's Orton, is that, the Revolution will have *a* graphics processor called Hollywood. ....not 2 GPUs.

Jacobi

Banned
midnightguy said:
you should already know this is fake because official word from NoJ's Iwata and ATi's Orton, is that, the Revolution will have *a* graphics processor called Hollywood. ....not 2 GPUs.
2core=/=2gpus

fugimax

I'm gonna bury this here to avoid too much attention, but Xbox360 CPU performance is only 60-70% of what MS was expecting. Some early design decisions to knock out some key CPU logic is biting them in the ass now. That and IBM cannot yield as fast of cores at they thought they would be able to. Some developers are scrambling to get their games back up to playable in terms of FPS because of it.

That being said, I expect PS3 and Revolution to be easily more powerful than Xbox360.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
fugimax said:
I'm gonna bury this here to avoid too much attention, but Xbox360 CPU performance is only 60-70% of what MS was expecting. Some early design decisions to knock out some key CPU logic is biting them in the ass now. That and IBM cannot yield as fast of cores at they thought they would be able to.

Hmmm. I'd really love to know what you mean about "key CPU logic" here. This could be relevant to Cell too..

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TheDiave said:
If it does infact have multiple CPU's, lets hope Nintendo doesn't repeat Sega's history (the Saturn debacle).

All the next gen systems will have multiple cores, parallelism is generally accepted as the way forward for now.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
I'm gonna bury this here to avoid too much attention, but Xbox360 CPU performance is only 60-70% of what MS was expecting.

60-70% performance + bad yield + betrayal (from the other thread) = :lol

Ranger X

Smiles and Cries said:
What I say... What I say?

$400 is less than most people spent importing PSPs :)

This is not a valid argument to justify paying 400...
If people wasn't all over comparing themselves to other stupid people, extremely insane lucrative capitalism wouldn't exist and this world would be better to live in. die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom