• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Revolution SPEC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WordofGod

Banned
fugimax said:
I'm gonna bury this here to avoid too much attention, but Xbox360 CPU performance is only 60-70% of what MS was expecting. Some early design decisions to knock out some key CPU logic is biting them in the ass now. That and IBM cannot yield as fast of cores at they thought they would be able to. Some developers are scrambling to get their games back up to playable in terms of FPS because of it.

That being said, I expect PS3 and Revolution to be easily more powerful than Xbox360.

How powerful do you think Revolution will be compared to PS3? Any real numbers that you know of?

Kamtendo

Neo Member
I don't care much about the specs(more about the games), but I do hope the Rev is atleast more powerful than the 360. Nintendo will have a hard enough time competing as it is. It'd be worse if they were pegged as having the "weakest" of the 3 consoles.

alejob

So could it be that Nintendo and Sony are trying to seriously outperform MS in the hardware department? Making 360 really look like xbox1.5 and giving it the kiss of death?

I can imagine sony calling nintendo:

"You bitches better put some muscle on your revolution so we can take MS out".

:lol

lexi

Banned
Kamtendo said:
I don't care much about the specs(more about the games), but I do hope the Rev is atleast more powerful than the 360. Nintendo will have a hard enough time competing as it is. It'd be worse if they were pegged as having the "weakest" of the 3 consoles.

I'm betting you won't be able to tell the difference between a 1st gen 360 and a 1st gen PS3 game. I don't think power is as important this generation, even if it was that significant at all this gen.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
alejob said:
So could it be that Nintendo and Sony are trying to seriously outperform MS in the hardware department? Making 360 really look like xbox1.5 and giving it the kiss of death?

I can imagine sony calling nintendo:

"You bitches better put some muscle on your revolution so we can take MS out".

you just made me spit out my water. :lol

thorns

Banned
fugimax said:
I'm gonna bury this here to avoid too much attention, but Xbox360 CPU performance is only 60-70% of what MS was expecting. Some early design decisions to knock out some key CPU logic is biting them in the ass now. That and IBM cannot yield as fast of cores at they thought they would be able to. Some developers are scrambling to get their games back up to playable in terms of FPS because of it.

That being said, I expect PS3 and Revolution to be easily more powerful than Xbox360.

that's quite bad news and quite disappointing (for me) if true.. how confident are you on this info?

Chittagong

Gold Member

Information goes 360! Reminds me of the time when the Newsfeed in my company featured news from a pretty respectable blog that refered to my posting in GAF and even credited "thanks Chittagong". It was funny seeing hundreds of people reading my GAF posting as "news".

Mrbob

fugimax said:

What? How sure of you are of this? Even at 70 percent that's a hell of a missfire!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Mrbob said:
What? How sure of you are of this? Even at 70 percent that's a hell of a missfire!

This is a calamity of worse than Sega can do. I can not take that news seriously

pestul

fugimax said:
I'm positive on my information...it's fact, not rumor.
Omg, cue the 'bail out' pics..

Is it safe to say that Nintendo could make the same mistake since they're using similar cores from the same company?

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
DSCN1040.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Yep looks like Nintendos crack team of developers to me :lol

Mrbob

pestul said:
Omg, cue the 'bail out' pics..

Is it safe to say that Nintendo could make the same mistake since they're using similar cores from the same company?

I doubt it. Nintendo is launching next year. More time to get better yields.

fugimax

Nintendo is launching next year. More time to get better yields.
Ya, I think MS just wanted too much too fast. Their cores aren't even 3.0gHz...which is the minimum they planned. By the time Sony/Nintendo come out, the technology will have come into its own.

fugimax

I just do..but I'm done talking about it..I don't want to get anyone in trouble. It's not worth it when all this information will be public in just over a week.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I guess anyone with a CD printer could have faked this? I really doubt Nintendo would go with HD-DVD...if they were going with one, I think they'd go with Bluray, given their Panasonic links etc. But I don't think they'll go with either!

gofreak said:
I guess anyone with a CD printer could have faked this? I really doubt Nintendo would go with HD-DVD...if they were going with one, I think they'd go with Bluray, given their Panasonic links etc. But I don't think they'll go with either!
if i remember correctly, didnt some one from nintendo claim that they were'nt going with bluray technology?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
aperfectt00l said:
if i remember correctly, didnt some one from nintendo claim that they were'nt going with bluray technology?

Don't recall anyone from Nintendo ever saying anything about Bluray, at least officially.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Those numbers sound like typical hologram specs. And I don't think it's a mere coincidence, people...

KingJ2002

Nintendo RS... thats a good name for the next console obviously standing for "revolutionary system"

but that disc is obviously fake...

for one... why would they usethe twin screen logo between the "nintendo" and "rs" and it's known all over that HD-DVD doesnt exist anymore since they are merging it with blu-ray tech to create the next standard... something nintendo probably wouldnt use because it would make their system skyrocket in price and im sure nintendo wants their system to be priced resonably.

as for the specs...they are ok... maybe i'd care alot if it were xbox 360 specs or whatever but i really dont because it doesnt give me a clue about what so revolutionary about the system.

all it tells me is the system can produce CG or near CG like graphics... like others gamers around the world... i just want to know what is nintendo's new tech that will bring a revolution in gaming.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
gofreak said:
Err..what do typical "hologram specs" sound like?

Honest question.

I thought it was obvious I was only joking around. Apparently, E3 pre-hysteria has a strange effect on people. :p
I apologize.

goomba

Banned
I do not believe this news

People should remember Dolphins rumoured specs, gamecube paled in comparison. I expect the same with next gen nintendo.

fugimax said:

okay, so that means that the CPU will only run at 1.0ghz-1.5ghz then if the target was 3.0ghz or more.

... embarrassing

Skin

Ghost of Bill Gates said:
okay, so that means that the CPU will only run at 1.0ghz-1.5ghz then if the target was 3.0ghz or more.

... embarrassing

Where were you with math class? 60-70% of 3.0ghz lies more in the 1.7ghz-2.2ghz region.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Skin said:
Where were you with math class? 60-70% of 3.0ghz lies more in the 1.7ghz-2.2ghz region.
Maybe he was thinking that it was 60% weaker or something? (40% of the original) :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom