• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch has outsold PS4, PS5, XBO, and XSX/S combined in UK 2020.

Woman7

Banned
Nintendos sales succes makes me sooooo wet. The UK one especially...mmm.

soaked heavy rain GIF

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
This is impressive for Nintendo in UK. I hope they can sustain it this time.

I'm shocked by the PS4 decline. I wasn't expecting to be that brutal. PS2 and DS are out of reach now.

We already had a thread for this.

Like was already discussed, it's good for Nintendo, but expected. Everyone knew PS5 and Series were releasing at the end of the year, so PS4 and Xbox One sales fell off a cliff. PS5 and Series were only available for the very end of the year. Both completely sold out of their limited supplies.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I don't see how they couldn't... Considering the PS4, PS4 Pro, X1, and X1X aren't even available pretty much anywhere (not even sure if they're still in production).

PS5 and XSX sales are held back by stock.

Nice thread though.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Does this mean anything? 2 platforms on the way out because the new gen is coming, 2 platforms from the new gen extremely supply constrained and only on the market for 7 weeks or so compared to one in its prime with a massive hit all during a pandemic. Also ring fit was going nuts too. Throwing PS5 and XSX into this comparison was just clickbait bullshit.

NewChoppa

Banned
Yup.

Gotta love how there are always mental gymnastics when Nintendo does well.

ES1zpkqUEAEbOQU.jpg

You’re making something out of nothing. Nobody is surprised about this

New gen consoles are supply constrained (it’s been near impossible to get your hands on any of the new consoles since launch in the UK), and the sales of the last gen consoles obviously slowed down in the wake of a new gen of gaming starting

The Switch, being a console with a lot of life left in it, with barely any supply issues (excluding the first couple months when lockdowns began last year) and strong exclusives releasing (Animal Crossing) would obviously sell bucketloads

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
You’re making something out of nothing. Nobody is surprised about this

New gen consoles are supply constrained (it’s been near impossible to get your hands on any of the new consoles since launch in the UK), and the sales of the last gen consoles obviously slowed down in the wake of a new gen of gaming starting

The Switch, being a console with a lot of life left in it, with barely any supply issues (excluding the first couple months when lockdowns began last year) and strong exclusives releasing (Animal Crossing) would obviously sell bucketloads

If PS5 outsold Switch in the UK would have love to see what you said then.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
If PS5 outsold Switch in the UK would have love to see what you said then.
I doubt he would have said anything because there would never be a thread about it in the first place.
Nintendo fanboys are a special case of autismn. OP is the best example. Always looking for a "win" for nintendo no matter how small and reasons be damned.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Yeah indeed, if only they were mature like PS/xbox fans.
At least PS/Xbox fans dont pretend those companies dont compete when they dont do well.
Funny how we heard that Nintendo does not compete with PS/Xbox for years just to have constant and some of the pettiest sales threads now. You think PS fans could not have made the same kind of threads for a number of european countries for the past 7 years? You could have flooded this forum with sales threads.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
At least PS/Xbox fans dont pretend those companies dont compete when they dont do well.
Funny how we heard that Nintendo does not compete with PS/Xbox for years just to have constant and some of the pettiest sales threads now. You think PS fans could not have made the same kind of threads for a number of european countries for the past 7 years? You could have flooded this forum with sales threads.

Those sales threads were there, every single console sold and every frame per second won gets fought to death about. Maybe not the past year, because Nintendo has been crushing the competition in this year.

It's a great console.

It's also a portable, and Nintendo portables sell massively more than stationary home consoles in general. And for good reason. The vast majority of households will buy one PS/XSX/XSS etc.. Whereas multi-child families can buy two or three Switches per household.

We shouldn't be surprised by this performance.

Kerotan

Inevitable when ps4 couldn't come anywhere close to meeting demand and obviously ps5 too. A 2nd hand pro was selling for almost the same price as new one.

Bodomism

Banned
Dude, we got a few threads of PS5 dominating based on portugal retailers, Russia market price, and also from google search trend lol 😂.

This is the total year report of UK sales number. UK is one of the important dedicated gaming market and getting this important info from gamebiz sales tracker it deserves its own thread.

Last edited:

Hugare

Bonkers, but expected

We are transitioning from one gen to the other.

People arent buying PS4 and Xbox One anymore. They had 7 years to do so, the gen is dying.
On the other hand, neither Sony or Microsoft are being able to suply next gen consoles. So people are uncapable of buying next gen, even if they want to do so.

Bodomism

Banned
Bonkers, but expected

We are transitioning from one gen to the other.

People arent buying PS4 and Xbox One anymore. They had 7 years to do so, the gen is dying.
On the other hand, neither Sony or Microsoft are being able to suply next gen consoles. So people are uncapable of buying next gen, even if they want to do so.
Both PS5 and XSX/S had the biggest console launch, Switch not only managed to outsell one of those but combined sales of 4 platforms.

Would help if I could buy something..

My xbox one broke so was waiting on buying a x but gave up trying to get one as fuck scalpers and I've had to buy a second hand one as bloody sold out everywhere.

And of course PS5 don't exist either.

TLZ

Banned
Serious question OP: Do you actually play games, or you just scavenge sales figures? I never see you posting anything gaming related. Like actual games. You know, playing them.

You're too invested in this. You have Nintendo stock maybe? Or mayhap you work for them?

Serious question OP: Do you actually play games, or you just scavenge sales figures? I never see you posting anything gaming related. Like actual games. You know, playing them.

You're too invested in this. You have Nintendo stock maybe? Or mayhap you work for them?
Yeah , he post only to trigger people 😆 very good for Nintendo and investors.

Carna

Banned
These threads often compose of supporters vs doubters, every single thread.

Switch is like maybe a 7 as a console to me, that said, there's not too many amazing games on it besides BOTW. that's not taking away from sales however, simply because people really want Nintendo games.

Top Bottom