• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Rumor Says Zelda HD Remasters are Coming This Fall

Kssio_Aug

Please Remaster a Link to the Past(Snes)
Or Minish Cap.

GlaringBouncyBighorn-size_restricted.gif

K' Dash

Why does every single game need to be released every generation? How bout we wait for switch 2 for some 3d all stars like game with those and maybe a OoT remake to go with it.

That's not how you make the most money from untouched ROMs tho.

jaysius

Banned
Um you have no clue do you? Nintendo has always released a limited number of great games. It always feels like a drought waiting for the next game from them that you'd actually want to play. If they ported these games what would make them shitty? They were fine on the WiiU and if they can put them out on the Switch why would that be something shitty? For those who didn't play them it is good to be able to play an updated version on a current platform. The games originally released more than 15 years ago some may want to revisit them and others may want the chance to play them without needing to figure out how to emulate them or the need to acquire a WiiU and copies. I get it. It makes you feel cool to call them shitty and rag on Nintendo because that tired shit flinging has been so popular for the last 5 years. FFS what company that supported a system that only sold 14 million total units would not try to port the games they made for it to a system that will soon have sold over 100 million units? You are whining about them doing something that makes business sense.
Good apology for Nintendo. They're padding that already weak release calendar with easy money cash in ports.

The corporation really appreciates your help.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

What a shocking theory, nobody could have predicted this!

Anyways, they will release when it makes most sense to Nintendo, last year they wanted to sell gamers Skyward Sword not a bunch of remasters that compete with each other in the same year.

This year we will see..

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
need an ocarina remake or a link to the past. remaster ocarina with BOTW graphics. if ALTTP then it better not have the awful graphics of link’s awakening remake.

need an ocarina remake or a link to the past. remaster ocarina with BOTW graphics. if ALTTP then it better not have the awful graphics of link’s awakening remake.
Remaking Link to the Past on a 3D viewpoint makes no sense.

It's like redoing Super Metroid in first person.

And the games artistic directions need to be preserved, Ocarina of Time has nothing in common with Breath of the Wild in that regard, nor does the artwork.

Woopah

Good apology for Nintendo. They're padding that already weak release calendar with easy money cash in ports.

The corporation really appreciates your help.
You might not be personally interested in the games, but Nintendo is publishing a strong line up this year.

Why do you think it is weak?

Last edited:

Mozza

They're even remastering old rumors now.
Both games only sold 3.3 million copies combined on the Wii U, so guessing they will be new remasters for the majority of the Switch's user base, so if true great opportunity for Nintendo, even more considering how well Super Mario 3D all-stars performed, and how well Breath of the wild sold as well.

Last edited:

Mozza

Not sure I should trust this rumor over the million others we seem to get every month. ;)

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Both games only sold 3.3 million copies combined on the Wii U, so guessing they will be new remasters for the majority of the Switch's user base, so if true great opportunity for Nintendo, even more considering how well Super Mario 3D all-stars performed, and how well Breath of the wild sold as well.
It will be specially good for Wind Waker, the game so far only sold on GameCube and Wii U, both lowest Nintendo userbases , its a classic that deserves to sell 5 million.

Twilight also should do pretty good 👍

Mozza

It will be specially good for Wind Waker, the game so far only sold on GameCube and Wii U, both lowest Nintendo userbases , its a classic that deserves to sell 5 million.

Twilight also should do pretty good 👍
You know if they do this then I will be buying the Wind Waker for a third time, just imagine all that cel shaded goodness on the Switch OLED. :)

Nintendo need to show Microsoft how to kill it even when you release no games. Seriously, how do they do it? They have games droughts, yet still sell so much hardware.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nintendo need to show Microsoft how to kill it even when you release no games. Seriously, how do they do it? They have games droughts, yet still sell so much hardware.
But Nintendo release games very regularly, they're the most productive publisher since Switch came out, but I think "I don't care = it doesn't exist".

I really want the remasters to come out but not for me, I want some friends that never played them to get into those games, that's what I love about this porting old stuff trend we have nowadays, me and my friends can enjoy stuff we couldn't before.

Mozza

Because there are lots of games being released on the e-Shop, just because the core gamers do not see these titles as real games does not mean everyone thinks the console has no games, and for most potential Switch owners, the ammount of software is immense.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
As much as we love remakes they have to included traditional Zelda aspects (dungeons, poes, enemies variety etc.) in a NEW Zelda game.

Mozza

$60 Zelda ports? I think it's pretty credible.
It was the rumor of a Nintendo direct pretty much every week of the year, this would sound very plausible, and Nintendo would be crazy not to do it. just hope it's not part of another Breath of the wild 2 delay announcement. ;)

Top Bottom