• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's ability to create new lanes when the gaming highway gets crowded is unmatched

onQ123

When they seen that it wasn't much room for them in traditional home consoles vs PlayStation & Xbox they quickly adapted a new approach with the Wii & came out ahead.
When phones & tablets was the biggest threat to handheld gaming they created the Switch a hybrid Handheld/Console that's still going strong 6+ years later.

Now we have the handheld Gaming PCs trying to clog the Switches lane & I'm just waiting to see how Nintendo will Switch It Up with the next console.

ssringo

Not next gen but at some point down the line I do see them showing everyone how VR should be done.
Ot8LE6C.jpg

Easy jokes aside, as much as I don't care for most Nintendo games and despise their weak ass hardware, I will absolutely be there with a preorder for Zelda VR and all associated hardware. It will be a landmark game.

cireza

Now we have the handheld Gaming PCs trying to clog the Switches lane & I'm just waiting to see how Nintendo will Switch It Up with the next console.
They are for sure going to release a super powerful handheld console with a 4K screen and power close to PS5/SeriesX.

Or they won't give a shit about these ugly bricks and will continue focusing on under-powered tablets for maximum profitability.

Nobody is even competing against them in the "console/handheld for kids" market right now.

Last edited:

DragonNCM

They are for sure going to release a super powerful handheld console with a 4K screen and power close to PS5/SeriesX.

Or they won't give a shit about these ugly bricks and will continue focusing on under-powered tablets for maximum profitability.

Nobody is even competing against them in the "console/handheld for kids" market right now.
They don't give a shit about console power & that is good.
Nintendo is a master of innovations & they are damn good in that. MS & Sony flexing mussel's but they don't invent anything new....they just pick parts from the shelf & create same console with more power. That's why MS & Sony will always be second & third place.
People like something different & new.
And Nintendo first party developers are magicians. Look at games they make on that shity hardware, fucking insane 😆

Hudo

I like that they aren't afraid to make deep changes to an establish formula of an IP. But yet no new F-Zero game...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They've always been in the make games great lane, how that manifested changed according to the times but has remained. I don't think they need to switch it up every time, just as it was a mistake to do it with WiiU. A real WIi 2 (better motion controllers on par with today's VR, more power) would have done well (even if not quite like Switch) and so can a Switch 2 (as portable PCs are clearly a whole different market and aren't clogging up anything since a several years old last generation Switch - ok it came late but they had to replace WiiU's failure - is basically selling on par with the now most popular brand new next gen systems) just as 3DS eventually did great after DS (even if due to various mistakes it took a while for it to recover from an initially slow launch that required extreme measures to be taken, not to mention part of it was its larger differentiation to its precursor, 3D).

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ot8LE6C.jpg

Easy jokes aside, as much as I don't care for most Nintendo games and despise their weak ass hardware, I will absolutely be there with a preorder for Zelda VR and all associated hardware. It will be a landmark game.
thats not vr

Tams

They don't give a shit about console power & that is good.
Nintendo is a master of innovations & they are damn good in that. MS & Sony flexing mussel's but they don't invent anything new....they just pick parts from the shelf & create same console with more power. That's why MS & Sony will always be second & third place.
People like something different & new.
And Nintendo first party developers are magicians. Look at games they make on that shity hardware, fucking insane 😆

Flex Flexing GIF by UC Davis Coastal and Marine Sciences Institute

ARK1391

When they seen that it wasn't much room for them in traditional home consoles vs PlayStation & Xbox they quickly adapted a new approach with the Wii & came out ahead.
When phones & tablets was the biggest threat to handheld gaming they created the Switch a hybrid Handheld/Console that's still going strong 6+ years later.

You made this thread just so you could use that pun at the end didn't you.

bender

What time is it?
I really don't think they'll Switch it up too much. Being portable is too important to their success and focusing all of their development efforts towards one device gives them an exclusive games pipeline that can't be matched.

Top Bottom