• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's president is a self-described "huge fan" of Fire Emblem

Draugoth

Gold Member
medium-e0b228d977f1caaf76b9ee045111a54c.png

In a recent episode of the Kit and Krysta Podcast, former Nintendo employee Krysta Yang shared a story about meeting Furukawa for the first time. During that meeting, Furukawa opened up on his deep appreciation for the Fire Emblem franchise.

“The other thing about Mr. Furukawa that’s really fun is that, you know, he came to our office when he became the global president to like, introduce himself, for us to get to know him, and I love how, yeah, it was like, sort of the first time we were seeing his personality and getting to know who he is as a person. At the time he was telling us like, how he was a huge Fire Emblem fan and he was like playing Fire Emblem and he was like “I’m a huge fan, I’ve been playing Fire Emblem, but then I got to the end of Fire Emblem and I was like, the credits were rolling, and it got to the very end and it was like, Executive Producer: Furukawa” like him, right, and he was like “that was a hard cold reality that I had to get back to work”.

[Krysta Yang]

[Kit and Krysta Podcast, Famiboards]

Power Pro

Give me upgraded versions of Awakening and complete Fates then dammit.

One of the worst things Nintendo did was release Fates the way it did. Making the only way to get all 3 paths on one cart, a super rare special edition, and now impossible to buy at all because the 3DS eshop is closed.

EDMIX

smh, watch us find out he thinks this is Fire Emblem

depositphotos_327150566-stock-video-sheriff-badge-ground-fire-burning.jpg

A game where you throw random emblems like badges and such into fires while making a series of dares while on a camping trip.

I think they just gave him a list of games and told him to pick one to tell the press he likes.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Fire Emblem is honestly one of Nintendo's best series, and thats saying a lot

The only thing im upset about is how badly FE Engage has been treated, both by critics and actual sales.its a huge step up from the previous game tech wise and the gameplay is as good as ever.

Anyways i expect the "next gen" Fire Emblem game to bring big changes in terms of actual mechanics and design, (maybe some type of real time strategy combat) to see if it makes more of an impact.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’d rather him be a fan of Advance Wars, but I’ll take it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Give me upgraded versions of Awakening and complete Fates then dammit.

One of the worst things Nintendo did was release Fates the way it did. Making the only way to get all 3 paths on one cart, a super rare special edition, and now impossible to buy at all because the 3DS eshop is closed.
Not going to happen. They doubled down on censorship and rewriting with engage.

Shifty1897

Hell yeah. Fire Emblem is one part badass strategy RPG combat and one to two parts anime cringe (depending on the title). I love it.

“The other thing about Mr. Furukawa that’s really fun is that, you know, he came to our office when he became the global president to like, introduce himself, for us to get to know him, and I love how, yeah, it was like, sort of the first time we were seeing his personality and getting to know who he is as a person. At the time he was telling us like, how he was a huge Fire Emblem fan and he was like playing Fire Emblem and he was like “I’m a huge fan, I’ve been playing Fire Emblem, but then I got to the end of Fire Emblem and I was like, the credits were rolling, and it got to the very end and it was like, Executive Producer: Furukawa” like him, right, and he was like “that was a hard cold reality that I had to get back to work”.

Have You Ever Had A Dream Wtf GIF

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Not going to happen. They doubled down on censorship and rewriting with engage.
Engage and FE Heroes ruined the franchise IMO. Last good Fire Emblem is still Shadows of Valentia.

Kind of a shame because Engage probably has the best gameplay to date but it's core mechanic thematically is super cringe.

Not to mention those character designs. Yuck.

Top Bottom