• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJ state government shutdown

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
In a state of budget crisis isn't even more essential considering the amount of tax that could be collected.

I'm guessing it's a net income generator so shutting it down wouldn't save money.

Oh of course, I just love how it gets named dropped as essential along with hospitals and emergency services.

Luixfern

Amateurs. Here in Illinois, were on year 3 with no budget. Bout to go to junk status credit rating. Get on our level NJ.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So there are reports that Christie is chilling at a beach park with his family this weekend while the state is shutdown.

Mahonay

Banned
I feel for my NJ neighbors.

As one of my Jersey friends so eloquently posted on Facebook about this "Chris Christie is a fucking chode!"

Bakercat

Well, at least people can still play the lottery, and when they lose for the hundredth time and realizing they've wasted so much money hoping to go from rags to richs so they can be able to live comfortably that they go insane and the police can take them to the psych hospital.

Lefty

So there are reports that Christie is chilling at a beach park with his family this weekend while the state is shutdown.

Christie himself already confirmed that this is true.

During a news conference at noon Saturday in Trenton, Christie responded to a question about public criticism of his family’s use of the park by saying: “Run for governor and you can have a residence there.”

http://nj1015.com/island-beach-state-park-is-closed-to-you-but-still-open-to-christies-guests/

TyrantII

Wait am I reading this right? They wanted to use Blue Cross reserves to fund addiction treatment? What's the problem here, that it helps addicts? Good God, we can't let that happen.

My guess is raiding Medicaid to pay for drug addiction. I think many people including myself thinks it's shitty since Medicaid is most used by children and mother's for healthcare.

NJ is a rich ass state. They can find the money elsewhere. It's shouldn't be healthcare for the kid OR treat the addicts.

Laws00

And all the hate for him comes. I mean I get it, his home is there but damn man. This is going to piss a lot of people off
-d957c4137f6be1d4.JPG

-5b11f8f1731f444b.JPG

-1acdb32668926252.JPG

Chumly

The entire blue cross debate is very confusing. I read a few articles and still don't fully understand what they are squabbling about. It appears the democrats what to restructure blue cross and Christie wants to just raid the reserves to fund drug treatment. Instead of you know just paying for it. I think the concern is that the blue cross policy rate payers could be affected by Christie raiding it?

I honestly don't care enough to due anymore research. Christie is always a dirtbag though and he can't help himself without coming across as a complete asshole.

And all the hate for him comes. I mean I get it, his home is there but damn man. This is going to piss a lot of people off

Lousy fat fuck. No wonder he loves sucking off Trump so hard. Douchebag should be in jail instead of sprawling out on the beach.

It's not his home, it's damn beach house the state keeps for the govenor. It's not like he's trying to get into his private residence or something, so yeah people should be extremely pissed off on this law breaking piece of crap.

The entire blue cross debate is very confusing. I read a few articles and still don't fully understand what they are squabbling about. It appears the democrats what to restructure blue cross and Christie wants to just raid the reserves to fund drug treatment. Instead of you know just paying for it. I think the concern is that the blue cross policy rate payers could be affected by Christie raiding it?

I honestly don't care enough to due anymore research. Christie is always a dirtbag though and he can't help himself without coming across as a complete asshole.

If you raid the funds of something the money is gone. You can't fund something in the future if you raid the fund and wind up defunding it as a result. That's why so many states are suffering with various governmental shortfalls.

cameron

News story behind those pictures. NJ Advance Media:pHOTOS: Christie, family soak up sun on N.J. beach he closed to public
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP -- People hoping to visit Island Beach State Park this holiday weekend were not allowed in because of the state government shutdown Gov. Chris Christie ordered amid the state budget standoff in Trenton.

But there was one family there: Gov. Chris Christie's. They are using the summer beach house provided by the state for a weekend down the Shore.
At a Sunday news conference on the shutdown, Christie was asked if he got any sun today.

"I didn't," he said. "... I didn't get any sun today."

When later told of the photo, Brian Murray, the governor's spokesman, said:

"Yes, the governor was on the beach briefly today talking to his wife and family before heading into the office. He did not get any sun. He had a baseball hat on."

Christie, who first disclosed his weekend plans on Monday, said Sunday he was taking the state helicopter to go back and forth between Island Beach State Park and Trenton.

"I traveled there and I traveled back and I'll travel back again," said Christie. "That's where my family is sleeping, so that's where I'll sleep tonight. When I have a choice between sleeping with my family, and sleeping alone, I generally like to sleep where my family is."

Christie told reporters Saturday that the the beach house is separate from the park and that his family will not ask for any state services.

Asked if this is fair, Christie said Saturday: "Run for governor, and you can have a residence there."

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/07/christie_pictured_at_island_beach_state_park_durin.html
And here are exclusive aerial photos by NJ Advance Media showing Christie surrounded by wife Mary Pat and others.

It was taken early Sunday afternoon before the governor headed to Trenton to hold another news conference about the shutdown.

At that news conference, Christie was asked if he got any sun Sunday.

"I didn't," he said. "I didn't get any sun today."

When later told of the photo, Brian Murray, the governor's spokesman, said: "Yes, the governor was on the beach briefly today talking to his wife and family before heading into the office."

"He did not get any sun," Murray added. "He had a baseball hat on."
Gotta love the lie followed by weak spin.

Edit: Pft. And beaten.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"Yeah I was at the beach, but believe me, I didn't have any fun. None whatsoever!"

Hiding behind his family. They're there, that means I'm there. Nowhere does standing with his constituents by staying off the beach due to his decision to shut things down enter his mind. But, as stated, this is his last term. Dude does not give one fuck.

It's not like he particularly cared before...

Laws00

What a shitty 4th of july thing to run into

As I said I havent had a day off on the 4th of july in 12 years finally get one and i cant go on IBSP

Thankfully yes - now we just need to make his his cronie Lt Gov Kim Guadagno doesn't get elected.

She's equally as scummy.

There's zero chance a Republican wins a statewide office in NJ anytime soon. Christie has accelerated the state GOP's demise by a decade even before the changing demographics did them in.

Top Bottom