• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man’s Sky: Outlaws Update Available Today

Draugoth

Gold Member
Face space pirates, expand your starship fleet, form NPC squadrons, and more in the new No Man’s Sky Outlaws update, live today:

mavvxy75oat81.png

• Outlaw Space Stations
  • Cloth Simulation
  • Outlaw Story
  • Smuggling Solar Ship
  • Recruit Wingmen
  • Planetary Frigates
  • Improved Space Combat
  • Forged Passports
  • More Ship Slots
  • Bounty Missions
  • Planetary Pirate Raids

Last edited:

Salz01

Haven’t jumped in yet. Is this game now overwhelming for new players, or does it ease you in slowly?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
every time there is an update i would try it out but i could never get into it. not hating on it... on paper this is a game i'd love but i don't know it just doesn't sit right. it's been a while since i jumped in so maybe i will give it another shot at some point.

No way to transfer your save from PS4 to Xbox, right? Those missions take a lot of hours. Want to play on Xbox, but not do all that stuff again.

Need to restart again unfortunately.

Picked it up for Xbox after sinking a good few hours in to the PS4 and tbh I couldn't be arsed grinding again to get up to the level I was

OuterLimits

Haven’t jumped in yet. Is this game now overwhelming for new players, or does it ease you in slowly?

You are very limited in what you can do early game, and it does a pretty good job easing you in. Story is somewhat interesting now as well when you start the game compared to years ago.

normal mode is significantly easier than Survival. Can store way more stuff in each inventory slot(example: 9,999 carbon normal vs 250 survival) and hazard protection depletes much, much faster on survival).

I much prefer Survival because you have to be much more cautious about what you do and what planets to visit until you have significant upgrades.

I tried Permadeath once. Made it 50 hours and then got careless and watched my save file go poof. Yeah, Survival is good enough. Lol.

Kuranghi

Look at that framerate/smoothness, bloody beautiful, especially when you consider those first videos we saw on launch day. It still has tiny stutters on transitions but most games do when doing that sort of zone loading and I think its amazing what they've done to this game with the team size they have.

Bravi to Sean Murray his team!

Mephisto40

I appriciate these updates, but at this point i'd be much more excited if they announced a No Mans Sky 2

I'm just not excited enough to go back to the game just to see the new 2 or 3 features they implement in each update, and this is coming from somebody that put hundreds of hours into the game when it was first released

Last edited:

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
is there anything to do in this game yet or are we still going around shooting rocks?
I'm very tempted to give this another shot after only playing at the original launch. The amount of LOVE & content given is crazy.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Meanwhile in Star Citizen, they've implemented the ability for players to lock and unlock doors. So they can cross that off the road map.

/s

In all seriousness I need to hop back into this. After every major update I install it again, play for several hours, and then some new game comes along and steals my attention away. I still haven't built myself a fully proper and functional base.

benno

I'm very tempted to give this another shot after only playing at the original launch. The amount of LOVE & content given is crazy.
Yeah, I haven't played it since launch either apart from a quick go once they added VR, but those controls in VR put me off.

All I noticed with the gameplay was that went from "shoot rock A to create element A which you use as fuel" to "shoot rock A to create a machine which mines rock B which you mix with rock C to make fuel" , basically doing the same old shit but with more steps in the way.

Like I said, the last time I played was a quick 5 minute go when they released the VR update. Have they added the actual game part of the game yet?

Fredrik

Looks better and better but I won't be hopping back in until there's meaningful PvP added to the game.
Meanwhile at my place, as soon as I stumbled into nexus and saw other people walk around talking…
Arnold Schwarzenegger Shut Up GIF

Then I went into the menu and deactivated all online features.
- Aaaaaahhh, finally, peace and quiet 🥰

Shifty1897

I'm guessing I should probably play this game sometime soon. I'll see how the Switch port ends up and go from there.

Yerd

I didn't get the game until two years after release, and have been pleased with every new addition. I was immune to the hype that everyone else had been hypnotized by.

Still wishing they would allow ship creation. Not sure why that hasn't been implemented. Whatever rules the games uses to randomize the ships, just let us make the one we want within those rules.

every time there is an update i would try it out but i could never get into it. not hating on it... on paper this is a game i'd love but i don't know it just doesn't sit right. it's been a while since i jumped in so maybe i will give it another shot at some point.
Suggest you try maybe one of the expeditions, when they next start one. You get a list of goals to complete instead of the, possibly, overwhelming do whatever of the main game. Expeditions typically focus on only a few aspects of the game. Once you complete the expedition you can continue on as if it were a regular game.

OuterLimits

This game just keeps on giving.

Biggest feature they could possibly add to this game is multi biomes to planets.

Agreed. That would be nice. The planets do overall look so much better than launch. Especially clouds/weather effects. At launch storms would occur and the sky would have no clouds. Very lame.

fauna has improved immensely as well, but flora variety is still lacking in comparison.

honestly though, had the game released like this at launch, the average Metacritic score would probably have been around 90. Credit to Hello Games for continuing to support the game and making into what they originally envisioned. Most developers would have just abandoned after the immense negative reaction at launch.

Portugeezer

As much as I enjoyed the game, the thought of coming back and relearning the gameplay systems I forgot and the new systems is daunting.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does this game just keep selling, or how the hell are they financing these years and years of free updates? It's insane, and pretty much unprecedented.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm guessing I should probably play this game sometime soon. I'll see how the Switch port ends up and go from there.

I don't see how that version could possibly not be shit, unless it's a streamed version. The PS4 really struggles with this game (it's mainly CPU heavy due to the procedural generation), so I can't even imagine a version the Switch could run decently.

ZehDon

Gold Member
No Man's Sky isn't billed as a 'live service', and yet it shames actual 'live service' games like 'Halo Infinite' with sheer the quality, quantity, and breadth of its continued support. Unbelieve work coming from Hello Games.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

There's no danger or drama in No Mans Sky. No risk. It's a bland space utopia.

Top Bottom