• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nocturne

KidOmega

So, I just picked this game up, Nocturne, at TRU today for $25...last copy. I can't decide whether I want to open and play it, or sell it on ebay. Is the game worth playing? I like RPG's, but I've heard different things about how this one may be too hardcore. I mainly bought it because it's so rare. I don't want to chance opening it and not like it.

Tarazet

Buy a copy when it is re-released without the soundtrack in early September. Play that one. Sell this one in three years for $150.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
KidOmega said:
So, I just picked this game up, Nocturne, at TRU today for $25...last copy. I can't decide whether I want to open and play it, or sell it on ebay. Is the game worth playing? I like RPG's, but I've heard different things about how this one may be too hardcore. I mainly bought it because it's so rare. I don't want to chance opening it and not like it.

you should try it before selling it.

Nocturne to me is the best RPG this gen, totally different from all other rpgs I played I think you should give it a chance.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
It took me...90 some hours to beat? Less than DW7 (103), but more than Suikoden III (83).
Its pretty fucking hardcore. I know games sometimes have bosses and enemies with elemental defenses, but when you have bosses who fucking GAIN LIFE FROM BASIC ATTACKS, goddamn. Needless to say, some bosses took a lot of party tweaking, and so on but it was really enjoyable. Personally, I didn't care for a few bits of it.
Just you and your demons, and you're pretty much just like them. I liked having equipment and other members in SMT1. I still have to beat that...
But those were relatively minor.
Game fucking rocks.

Dalthien

Oops!
I thought this was going to be a thread about the 1999 PC Nocturne game. That was a great game by the way. Great tension and atmosphere in this horror gem.

KidOmega

Yeah, it's $49.99 and you get a 50% deduction because it's part of the green tag sale. I think most TRU are sold out though. I saw 7 new copies of it yesterday when it was 30% off, so I decided to wait until today when it was 50% off. I got the last copy. They had sold 6 of their copies since yesterday.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dalthien said:
Oops!
I thought this was going to be a thread about the 1999 PC Nocturne game. That was a great game by the way. Great tension and atmosphere in this horror gem.

That's what I thought as well. When I saw the $25 price tag I was like WTF? Are you nuts! :lol

Tarazet

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Shadow Hearts Covenant is $10?! I just got it yesterday at Circuit City for $20!! Dammit!!

That's what CC price matching is for. Go back and tell them...

BTW, you can rent Nocturne on Gamefly. It's listed as a "short wait."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
25 for nocturne is a steal, the game is 45 dollars used at my local EB.

KidOmega

I think I'll rent it first. Like I said, I love RPG's but the last full fledged one I played was Shadow Hearts II. Nocturne may be too hardcore, but we'll see. My RPG list includes the following played games:

Final Fantasy VII through X-2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Baten Kaitos
Tales of Symphonia
Golden Sun I and II
Shadow Hearts: Covenant

sonarrat said:
That's what CC price matching is for. Go back and tell them...

BTW, you can rent Nocturne on Gamefly. It's listed as a "short wait."

How does this work anyway? I check circuit city site and it doesn't really go into much detail. What do I bring in? It talks about showing them the lowered advertised price so I would need a ToysRus paper ad having Shadowhearts to even make it work? If Shadowhearts isn't in the ad, I'm screwed? I take it they won't take my word for it.

Damn, I've just returned from my trip to New York and I couldn't find it anywhere... Just like Riviera, which is also a bitch to find.

Fxp

Started to play SMT:N last Saturday. I remember playing Persona 2 quite a while ago, so al this demon thing is not quite new. I'm playing with Doublejump guide though, I don't think I'll be investing other 100 hours to unlock all the sings and completing the sidequests.

Top Bottom