• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best COD single player campaigns?

YuLY

1.MW2 (2009)
2.Blops 1
3.Infinite Warfare
4.MW1 (2007)
5.World At War
6.Blops Cold War
7.Blops 2
8.MW3 (2011)
9.CoD 2 (2005)
10.Blops 3 (this one is a bit underrated as many dont get the story/twist since they didnt pay attention to it, but it is a bit mindblowing)

rest are ok for playing from time to time, I actually enjoy them all, except the atrocity called Vanguard.

Cod 4 and the rest of that trilogy.

Like the best action movie I ever played 👍. Total craziness but over the 3 games it was like Michael bay and an almost unlimited budget of mayhem

Also liked blops for the campaign. Genuinely right up there. I didn’t gel with the sequel, so it kinda halts for me on the cod campaigns

I thought that the first two mw remake campaigns weren’t bad, if very toned down to the originals

The less said about mw3 the better (remake).

Not a huge fan of ww2 games. So don’t really play those

Last edited:
I honestly like most of them, they are king in the popcorn cinematic mainstream experience.
Among my favourites are Infinite Warfare, the new MW2 and the kremlin scene in BOCW.
Yet to play vanguard, once it gets cheap enough

GudOlRub

COD1 + UO and COD2 are peak Call of Duty.
Remember when you could just play as a rando soldier in the middle of the most famous battles from WW2?
Just give me that again, or remake COD1 and 2 or whatever, just provide me with the same experience, no shitty shoehorned stories like WW2 or Vanguard and I'll happily pay them 70$ just to play through a 5 hour campaign...

Last edited:

BigLee74

I’ve pretty much enjoyed them all except BLACK OPS 3 which is just rubbish to play.

Having said that, I have not been a fan of the recent MW2 & 3 campaigns either. I don’t play games like these to crawl past guards as a kid. Nonsense stuff.

Neolombax

Gold Member
Havent really enjoyed the more modern COD campaigns. The last one that I felt was really worth the time was Infinite Warfare. The new MW campaign was kinda dull, the sequels were worse.

Drew1440

For me it's the original Modern Warfare trilogy, followed by the Original Black ops and Advanced Warfare. Weakest are the sixth generation spin offs, I didn't think much of Big Red One.

Ghosts and Infinite Warfare are underrated, not sure why they had such negative reception.

Nvzman

In my opinion, Black Ops 2, Black Ops, and CoD4 are easily the best campaigns of the series.
Black Ops 2's especially was super underrated, its one of the only "your choices matter" games I've played where your decisions actually do affect certain missions and the ending.
I do also like MW2019 and Cold War's campaigns a lot.

Last edited:

Bond007

OG Modern Warfare for me. I was in awe.
The ones prior were pretty great. But going modern and i believe the first mission was at sea- was just amazing.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Infinite Warfare & Modern Warfare (2007 and/the remaster that was paired with Infinite Warfare).

Infinite Warfare is so good. If it weren't a Call of Duty game, I think it would've been better received. The internet had too many expectations of what a COD game "should be."

FunkMiller

Modern Warfare (the original, not the lazy rehash) is always at the top of lists of the best CoD games/campaigns. There's a good reason for that.

Top Bottom