• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Northeast/Midwest: Has this been the stupidest winter ever or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
IT WAS EIGHTY DAMN DEGREES LAST WEEK! (Northeast Ohio here) (technically 77, but meh....)

This winter has been nothing but MASSIVE SNOW STORM followed by mild 50/60 degree weather followed by MASSIVE SNOW STORM. Just two days ago, it was in the 60s, IIRC (didn't go outside; I was sick). So of COURSE, we're expected to get 6-8 inches of snow overnight. OF COURSE.

.. LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST FRIDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST FRIDAY. THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * ACCUMULATIONS... 6 TO 8 INCHES. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL BE POSSIBLE NORTHERN LORAIN, SOUTHWEST CUYAHOGA, NORTHERN MEDINA AND NORTHERN SUMMIT THROUGH SUNRISE. * TIMING... HEAVIEST SNOW WILL OCCUR THROUGH SUNRISE. A BRIEF LULL MAY OCCUR MID MORNING THEN RETURN FOR THE AFTERNOON. * IMPACTS... SNOW SHOWERS AND SQUALLS WILL LOWER VISIBILITY TO A QUARTER MILE WITH SNOW ACCUMULATION ON ROADWAYS CAUSING HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS. * WINDS... NORTHWEST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. * TEMPERATURES... IN THE LOWER 20S. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. DURING LAKE EFFECT SNOW... THE WEATHER CAN VARY FROM BANDS OF LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW TO DRY WEATHER JUST A FEW MILES AWAY. VISIBILITIES CAN VARY GREATLY AND CAN DROP TO NEAR ZERO IN THE HEAVIER LAKE EFFECT SNOW BANDS. IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING IN THE WARNED AREA BE PREPARED FOR RAPID CHANGES IN WEATHER... VISIBILITY AND ROAD CONDITIONS. LOCAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS MAY BE IN EFFECT. &&

I work in the schools and they'll probably be closed tomorrow (but I'm not going since I'm just now getting over the flu). We've already had 3 snow days (2 in a row). I just can't wait for this to be over. >_<

Lol yep

Last week: I'm out in a tshirt this is awesome

This week: We just got several inches of snow

Tonight: I can't feel my balls anymore

Iolo

I'm not sure Chicago got any snow at all during the entire month of February. Kinda freaky.

This is a La Nina year, it was always going to be warm for you. El Nino/La Nina years always flip like this, it's happened before and well documented.

Meanwhile, in California:

The%2BDay%2BAfter%2BTomorrow1.jpg

Kisaya

Eh, this is my second year in the Midwest, but in the Northeast we've always have this "fake spring" around February. The lack of snow though is certainly alarming.

Tetra-9

I'm not sure Chicago got any snow at all during the entire month of February. Kinda freaky.

Chicago-area native here and we are right there with ya. We barely got any snow this year. It has been like this for the past few years too :(

Here in Michigan on Tuesday it was 66. Super rainy.

Then Wednesday it dropped to below 20 and snowed.

45+ degree temp reduction in under 30 hours.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Western PA, and yeah it's been dumb as hell.

Caught a nasty cold a few weeks ago probably from the flip flopping bullshit weather.

Kickz

Minneapolis checking in, we have had basically no snow this winter.

And temps have been mild for most of this winter in the 40s with alot of 60 degree days sprinkled in.

I like it, more of this instead of 10 degree BS

mo60

A few weeks ago where I live which is Edmonton Alberta in Canada the temperatire reached nearly 20 degrees celsius. Now it's well below seasonal even though it looks like it will warm up for a bit and go back to around -5 degrees celsius and -15 degrees celsius early next week.

the alternating days of 60 degrees then 30 then back to 60 here in ohio have definitely been pretty dumb. Im fine w/ no snow since I have an hour and ten minute drive to work already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom