• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nov NPD Hardware and Software INCORRECT NUMBERS! GAF ON LIFESUPPORT!

bunkum

It may be some hours before I get software but have manged to get hardware numbers this month especially for you lot ;)

Game Boy Advance 892,438
GameCube 278,284
Nintendo DS 381,619
PlayStation 2 546,096
PlayStation Portable 359,772
Xbox 191,320
Xbox 360 332,121

thorns

Banned
What was last november's numbers?

edit:

last november:

Hardware

PS2: 694K (all SKUs including bundles)
XBX: 708K (all SKUs including bundles)
NDS: 479K
GBA: 1,100K (all colors/bundles)
NGC: 350K (all colors/bundles)

donny2112

Thanks a ton, bunkum! :D

bunkum said:
Game Boy Advance 892,438
GameCube 278,284
Nintendo DS 381,619
PlayStation 2 546,096
Xbox 191,320
Xbox 360 332,121

GCN > XBX
PSP >>>> my expectations
PS2 < my expectations
GBA = wow

Damn, GBA still the king of handhelds. With good reason though, still the best library of portable games available. I wonder how much of that is people rebuying GBA for the micro and/or the new screen and how much is new GBA buyers

Memles

Yeah, Sony made the right call in not dropping the price of the PS2...or not? I guess those sales are likely down a fair amount from last year, but they're still quite good and considering its success probably quite profitable for them. Meanwhile, Nintendo's bundles do a little bit of damage, and the GBA just won't stop selling. It's getting like a game a month and it's still outselling the PSP and DS combined.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Those GBA numbers must be some kind of mistake... I know walmart was selling them for $44 and all but...

Mashing

Btw, is this the first month we've gotten seperate DS and GBA #'s? Good thing too as it'd be over 1 million if it wasn't.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
thorns said:
What was last november's numbers?

edit:

last november:
November 2004

GBA - 1,117,175
Xbox - 708,097
PS2 - 695,876
DS - 479,695
GCN - 350,155

GBA numbers are rediculous. Nice sales all around though.

Can you imagine whats going to happen when the DS gets another price cut, and the anticipated SP design.

Mofo

So doing the math (if those numbers are true)...

GCN, AGB, DS > PS2, PSP, XBox, and 360 combined? Wow.

AirBrian

bunkum said:
It may be some hours before I get software but have manged to get hardware numbers this month especially for you lot ;)

Game Boy Advance 892,438
GameCube 278,284
Nintendo DS 381,619
PlayStation 2 546,096
Xbox 191,320
Xbox 360 332,121

From the prediction thread:

AirBrian said:
GBA/GBM: 750K
GCN: 350K
NDS: 500K
PS2: 750K
PSP: 350K
XBX: 300K
360: 360K
1 out of 7 :lol Well, 2 if you count GCN > XBX.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nintendo Handheld Ownage.

(PSP numbers too! Even with the NDS in the lead. I take back my conspiracy theory :)

So much for Sony cutting into Nintendo's handheld marketshare, as long as the GBA continue to sale in the diesel trailer loads Nintendo doesn't have a damn thing to worry about.

Razoric

Banned
aaaaaand PSP stays in the game at almost double the price of DS. Bomba indeed. :)

HOLY SHIT at the GBA numbers. :O :O :O (that includes all GBAs right? normal, SP and micro?)

hadareud

The Translator
I missed the prediction thread, but why is that the PSP is impressive, while the DS is low when the DS has sold 20k more?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Deg said:
PSP and DS sales are very close. Hardly the domination DS fans were saying.

Zuh? Who was saying that it would dominate? This is America, not Japan.

Liquid

Banned
wow. i was off on my ps2 numbers but not as rediculously off as the people who had inflated guesses. :lol

Meier

Whoa.. almost a 1:1 attach rate (although there were obviously plenty of people who bought the game and then didnt get the console to play it on). Pretty amazing.

Sales of the DS are a bit disappointing IMO.. I was expecting it to be somewhere around 500k or so. Can't wait to see the software numbers though.. should be a lot of fun. :D

Dante

I missed the prediction thread, but why is that the PSP is impressive, while the DS is low when the DS has sold 20k more?

Could be that the PSP is over a hundred dollers more in cost.

Mrbob

GBA numbers are actually down around 20 percent year over year. Kiddies get GBA for Xmas. If anything perhaps GBA sales cut into DS sales.

Oh and so much for the PSP ownage Nintendo fans have been hinting at for November. 250 dollar portable keeping pace with a 130 dollar portable. Bodes well for the future. :)

Where am software numbers?

Top Bottom