• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nov NPD Hardware and Software INCORRECT NUMBERS! GAF ON LIFESUPPORT!

Mrbob said:
GBA numbers are actually down around 20 percent year over year. Kiddies get GBA for Xmas. If anything perhaps GBA sales cut into DS sales.

Oh and so much for the PSP ownage Nintendo fans have been hinting at for November. 250 dollar portable keeping pace with a 130 dollar portable. Bodes well for the future. :)

Where am software numbers?

Spin, spin, spin :lol

$99 is the big time price point for portables, I'm telling you man.

So which system is gonna be at $99 next year? DS or PSP? Take a wild guess where those GBA sales will go.

$99 just does something to consumers that not even $130 can do.

Teddman

olimario said:
So does Nintendo officially win this holiday season? Iwata's three pillars seemed to be a good idea.
Yes. Despite the hype and media attention given the 360 and PSP this season, Nintendo hardware will outsell all competitors combined. :0

The GBA + DS ALONE could nearly accomplish that.

The two-pillar strategy of portables is working.

In Japan, DS is cleaning up and has replaced the GBA.

In North America, Nintendo is selling both in big numbers, so even with the introduction of the PSP, they're still selling basically the same amount of handheld hardware.

ioi

Banned
yep, if you add DS and GBA then you will have Nintendo handhelds selling probably about 2.5 times PSP, so Nintendo are certainly sitting happy!!

bunkum

Am getting some software data, EA buying Jamdat has delayed everything I normally get :(

Year on Year software only down 4%

littlewig

Banned
Razoric said:
Sony needs to set up their own pillars now.

$99 PS2
$199 PSP
$299 PS3

Make it happen Sony. :eek:

Yea, last time I checked, Sony doesn't do price drops for newly released consoles, so don't bet on the $300 for the PS3.

And :lol :lol :lol :lol

Do you really think Sony is going to drop the price of the PSP and PS2 anytime soon? You apparently don't know Sony well for being such a big fan.

Amir0x

Banned
MbGCaM said:
Microsoft shiped 400,000 and NPD don't count the WallMart Units. Xbox 360 outsold. Waiting for 2nd shipment...

As noted, Wal-Mart numbers tracked via statistics.

It's just a horrible number for them. I cannot believe they would allow easily their best territory to be so horrifically undershipped. And with such an amazing tie ratio, it's obvious people wanted to buy the thing and play its games.

littlewig said:
Do you really think Sony is going to drop the price of the PSP and PS2 anytime soon? You don't apparently don't know Sony for being such a big fan.

Uh, but they dropped the price for PSOne to 129 and then 99 at the same time span. AND they have been dropping price for PS2 consistently at that level up until now. So, uh, do you know what the fuck you're talking about?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
gba_sp_silver_large.jpg

"gaffers are my bitches"

It's a good game for sure, but I also wonder if part of those sales were due to those pre-rendered commericals shot to look like gameplay. It worked with FF7!

Works for Sony at E3 and other events showing off the PS3.

Wonder how many of the GBA's were black friday units sold for $50.

Razoric

Banned
littlewig said:
Yea, last time I checked, Sony doesn't do price drops for newly released consoles, so don't bet on the $300 for the PS3.

When did Sony announce a price for PS3?

Hello, my name is littlewig and I'm an idiot. :lol

Revolution should be $99 next Christmas and since Nintendo will have no yield problems, Nintendo should pump them out in massive quantities so there are no shortages.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Littlewig, stop acting like a moron.

What's with the PSP GTA numbers? DAMN that's a lot sold! Rockstar gets moneys :D

AniHawk

PSP: 385,000 (+25k)
DS: 435,000 (+55k)
PS2: 700,000 (+250k)
Xbox: 410,000 (+220k)
GC: 270,000 (-8k)
360: 375,000 (+35k)
GBA: 800,000 (-92k)

Wow, I was only off by 8,000 on the Gamecube. I figured people'd be buying the Xbox in mass supply if they couldn't get their 360s. Boy was I wrong.

I thought the GBA would do about as well as it did. Wasn't off by too much. Wasn't HOLY SHIT A MILLION, but not GBA am Dead either.

Thought DS sales would be much higher over PSP sales. Maybe next month, but probably not.

olimario said:
Why doesn't Nintendo advertise the fact that you can play GBA games on the NDS?

DS will inherit all these GBA sales you're seeing right now. They'll all go to the DS next year when Nintendo drops that to $99 and hopefully releases a more portable redesign.

Izzy

Banned
bunkum said:
PSP GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES $11,873,390 246,081

Impressive - not nearly as impressive as UK numbers but still...impressive.

Nice sales for COD2 (X360) - as I predicted. Well deserved too. :)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hey bunkum instead of having to wait until tommorow for my life to be ruined - can ya go ahead and post Shadow the Hedgehog numbers now? *prepared to end self*

olimario said:
Why doesn't Nintendo advertise the fact that you can play GBA games on the NDS?

They probably have a better profit margin on the GBA. Also, any new GBA owner that finds themselves loving it or it's games will probably be future DS purchases. Why chop one arm off with the other when you can flex em both?

Not bad GTA sales.

Looks like nothing on the handheld market is gonna beat Nintendogs this year though, unless Mario Kart DS really sells like mad.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PhoenixDark said:
WTF where are you guys getting software sales? Bunkum hasn't posted them, from what I see? Help a brother out!
Yes he has, put he won't post the full charts until tomorrow.

Forgotten Ancient said:
Is that really good, though? I know a lot of great titles came out last year, but this year's seen the birth of 2 new consoles and a rising DS.

Given that Halo 2 and GTA accounted for 29% of software sales last year, that's absolutely fucking fantastic. There wasn't an analyst alive that would have put that number to this month (especially once the 360 HW numbers became apparent).

What's incredible is that everyone is pretty happy this month.

Nintendo fans are going ga-ga over the GBA numbers (which are similar, though quite a bit lower than previous years), the DS beating the PSP again, and having the most HW units sold.

PS2 fans are happy with the PSP numbers and have had so much fun at others expenses that the PS2 numbers don't hurt.

Xbox fans are happy with the absolutely historic SW numbers and will get even happier once the software #'s are released. Although, the Xbox is dying faster than expected.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Netrunner2k2 said:
What are you expecting?

For it to be the top selling GC game of the month for one. ;_; And probably unwarrantedly good sales (top 20?) on the other two systems. And most sadly - a heck of alot higher than Sonic Rush. x_x

Top Bottom