• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD/Circana US March 2023: PS5 #1 (now ahead of PS4 when aligned), RE4#1, MLB#3 and TLOU #5

Nobody wants to be on the losing team I guess. Better be a fake PC / Nintendo fan than take the L.

Don't worry, you will still see those people defending the Xbox every chance they get doing their pr work.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Thirty7ven

Banned
Here you go. Start actually paying attention to the industry. You look oblivious

That employee completely changed the wording of his profile. The 15 million number is talking about the coverage of the advertising campaign, not the number of actual PC subscribers:

"Partnered with creative directors at Bethesda & Xbox Game Studios to pilot new growth ideas, making it easier to introduce Xbox Game Pass to an audience of PC players where they already were - a campaign reach of over 15m impressions."

"A marketing impression is defined as the number of opportunities people have to view your campaign. "

[/URL]

Previously the profile said:

"Partnered with creative directors at Bethesda & Xbox Game Studios to pilot new growth ideas, making it easier for over 15M PC players to enjoy Xbox Game Pass"

XXL

That employee completely changed the wording of his profile. The 15 million number is talking about the coverage of the advertising campaign, not the number of actual PC subscribers:

"Partnered with creative directors at Bethesda & Xbox Game Studios to pilot new growth ideas, making it easier to introduce Xbox Game Pass to an audience of PC players where they already were - a campaign reach of over 15m impressions."

"A marketing impression is defined as the number of opportunities people have to view your campaign. "

[/URL]

"Partnered with creative directors at Bethesda & Xbox Game Studios to pilot new growth ideas, making it easier for over 15M PC players to enjoy Xbox Game Pass"
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

You brought up the Switch 2. A console you know absolutely nothing about. You don't even know if it even exists and you are speaking about it. "Oh well maybe the Switch 2 uh uh can be stronger uh uh I dont even know if it exists uh uh but it can be stronger uh uh it can come next year uh uh DLSS uh uh". Thats how you sound right now. Next time, don't bring up a console that nobody even knows exists

What do you mean I know nothing about it? I know it exists, I know it'll be announced sometime this year and I know it'll be more powerful than the Switch and use recent Nvidia technologies like DLSS because why wouldn't it?

And if it's even somewhere near a Steam Deck in base computational performance (in terms of TF) but has support for DLSS 3.0, that's a good way for it to reconstruct performance to somewhere around a Series S in terms of ballpark figures. Meaning, suddenly, it's competitive with a system in that "high end console market" segment you're clinging to so badly.

It confirms that when Gamepass was/is at 25M (which is the last official number), 15M were from PC and 10M were from Xbox. Which is what I said.

As I said, anyone that brings up the word "victory" in the realm of video games is an idiot console warrior.

So I guess MS executives are idiot console warriors? Because they used vaguely similar language with the 360.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...sales-before-wii-or-ps3-idINN1451805520080514

“History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle,” Don Mattrick, a Microsoft senior vice president who heads the company’s Xbox business, said in a statement.

And a lot of Xbox fans are still blaming Don Mattrick for Xbox's problems a decade after he left, so it's almost as if one could say he never left! Hmm, I wonder who was his protege, I wonder how that fella is doing these days 🤔...

Series S is an avenue to expand Gamepass. Just like PC is. Just like Cloud is.

Their business model is Gamepass, not console sales.

Series X|S is an avenue to expand Gamepass. Just like PC is. Just like Cloud is.

Your script is on Repeat. Better call MS tech support to fix that.

Greenberg is a PR guy. A marketing dude cannot sell a gaming product that ships without games. His job is to say ok xbox does this and this better than playstation but if his dev teams dont produce games, how can he market the xbox using third party multiplatform games. Especially when the power advantage didnt materialize. He cant even say xbox versions will have better resolution and higher framerates because half of the time this most powerful next gen console doesnt even perform like the most powerful console.

This is on the first party head Matt Booty, the engineering team led by Jason Ronald who were given a much bigger BOM budget than Cerny, and of course the supreme leader Phil Spencer who just as recently as 2017 was crapping on Zelda BOTW and Horizon saying GaaS was the future, and in 2020 said the cross gen games were memes created by fanboys, and downplayed console exclusives as anti-consumer.

Well, he can start by not lying and quote-tweeting a know PR shill in Culteastwood who blatantly says the definitively worst version of Ghostwire Tokyo on Series S/X is in fact the best version to play.

He can start by not co-signing fraudulent BS claims like that.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Series X|S is an avenue to expand Gamepass. Just like PC is. Just like Cloud is.

No, their business model is NOT Game Pass.

Game Pass makes up for only 10-15% of Xbox revenue, as Phil Spencer said that they are happy with that ratio, so they don't envision it to grow. How can a component that only generation 10-15% of revenue can be their main "business model?"

On the other hand, Microsoft continues to subsidize Xbox consoles and bears a loss of $100 - $200 per unit sold, in hopes of selling more consoles and capture the market share. If console sales is not their focus, why are they willing to sell consoles at heavy losses?

This narrative that "consoles sales do not matter to XBox; Game Pass is their main business model and focus" is just a baseless argument that is often used to downplay console sales.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, he can start by not lying and quote-tweeting a know PR shill in Culteastwood who blatantly says the definitively worst version of Ghostwire Tokyo on Series S/X is in fact the best version to play.

Oh Aaron, you never learn. Sad that people will lie to themselves over a damned brand too.

bxrz

What do you mean I know nothing about it? I know it exists, I know it'll be announced sometime this year and I know it'll be more powerful than the Switch and use recent Nvidia technologies like DLSS because why wouldn't it?

And if it's even somewhere near a Steam Deck in base computational performance (in terms of TF) but has support for DLSS 3.0, that's a good way for it to reconstruct performance to somewhere around a Series S in terms of ballpark figures. Meaning, suddenly, it's competitive with a system in that "high end console market" segment you're clinging to so badly.

So I guess MS executives are idiot console warriors? Because they used vaguely similar language with the 360.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...sales-before-wii-or-ps3-idINN1451805520080514

And a lot of Xbox fans are still blaming Don Mattrick for Xbox's problems a decade after he left, so it's almost as if one could say he never left! Hmm, I wonder who was his protege, I wonder how that fella is doing these days 🤔...

Your script is on Repeat. Better call MS tech support to fix that.

Show me a photo of the Switch 2 from Nintendo. And show me where Nintendo said the Switch 2 will have anything from Nvidia. In fact, show me where Nintendo has acknowledged the Switch 2 at all. Since you "know it exists". I would like to see your proof

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

No. He changed it because it was brought to public light when it wasn't supposed to. But it doesn't matter your buddy DeepEngima called him a liar anyway without any proof or... anything

No, their business model is NOT Game Pass.

Game Pass makes up for only 10-15% of Xbox revenue, as Phil Spencer said that they are happy with that ratio, so they don't envision it to grow. How can a component that only generation 10-15% of revenue can be their main "business model?"

On the other hand, Microsoft continues to subsidize Xbox consoles and bears a loss of $100 - $200 per unit sold, in hopes of selling more consoles and capture the market share. If console sales is not their focus, why are they willing to sell consoles at heavy losses?

This narrative that "consoles sales do not matter to XBox; Game Pass is their main business model and focus" is just a baseless argument that is often used to downplay console sales.
Going by your logic then (which is stupid btw), MTX is Xbox's business model. Which is still not console sales. So your still wrong.

Last edited:

Ogbert

I love my PS5 to bits. Awesome machine.

But watching Sony fanboys flex sales figures whilst conveniently forgetting that the Switch has been pumping everyone for half a decade is rather funny.

Let me guess. It doesn’t count because it’s not akshully a console.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member

But watching Sony fanboys flex sales figures whilst conveniently forgetting that the Switch has been pumping everyone for half a decade is rather funny.

PS4 dominated the period before it.

Dunno why you’re salty about PS5 selling well, Switch sold well too. But everyone is ready to move on to Switch 2

Ogbert

PS4 dominated the period before it.

Dunno why you’re salty about PS5 selling well, Switch sold well too. But everyone is ready to move on to Switch 2
Not salty at all. Why on earth would any sane human care? These companies are absurdly wealthy (although Xbox, as a division, has clearly lost its way. Just don’t think Gamepass cuts it).

But Sony fanboys are objectively the cringiest.

Instead of arguing against strawman, why don't you give us an example of one person impressed by PS5's sales numbers who hasn't acknowledged Switch's great sales.

Also, I'm not sure Switch has been "pumping everyone" (whatever that means). Switch is around 125 million and PS4 around 120, I believe. Switch is in its seventh year, while PS5 is now ahead of PS4 by this point.

All three (Switch, PS4 and PS5) have been killing it.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

If it's an avenue, then they care about consoles sold to get more people to subscribe to Game Pass. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

damidu

Holy fuck, you cannot make this shit up. The people running this shitshow are shameless clowns.
god who wouldn't love that job.
probably only profession on earth where you are paid for failing decades on end.

you just need to be an internet troll and keep telling your fanz that princess is at another castle, success is just around the corner etc.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They will.
They sold 55-60m during Xbox one.

This gen is different than Xbox one.
Bro, not happening.

The only change this generation has been that XBS is selling even less than Xbox One.

As much as we all thought before Nov. 2020 that Xbox will perform better this generation, it’s not happening as per the data, evidence, and trends we have.

Ogbert

Riiiiiiiiiight.....

Your last line proves you are salty and are way too invested in this,despite claiming the opposite.
Toad.

I don’t know how to break this to you. I don’t care. I’m intrigued about Switch numbers vs PS2 because of the mythical figure that PS2 sales symbolise.

Also, apparently the Mario movie is on to break a billion and had a bigger box office than Top Gun maverick. I’m not sure what that means either. I know it wasn’t a very good film though.

These are strange times Toad. Strange times.

Mr Moose

VGChartz?
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Show me a photo of the Switch 2 from Nintendo. And show me where Nintendo said the Switch 2 will have anything from Nvidia. In fact, show me where Nintendo has acknowledged the Switch 2 at all. Since you "know it exists". I would like to see your proof

No. He changed it because it was brought to public light when it wasn't supposed to. But it doesn't matter your buddy DeepEngima called him a liar anyway without any proof or... anything

Going by your logic then (which is stupid btw), MTX is Xbox's business model. Which is still not console sales. So your still wrong.
give-up-quit.gif

Ogbert

You hide it well with your vendetta against the "cringiest" of all fans - yucky PlayStation fans.
Vendetta?

Christ, Toad. I’m not hiding in a bush outside someone’s house charting their daily movements, ready to launch a counter strike.

What do you think this is? A video game?

We’re talking about sales figures.

nial

Bro, not happening.

The only change this generation has been that XBS is selling even less than Xbox One.

As much as we all thought before Nov. 2020 that Xbox will perform better this generation, it’s not happening as per the data, evidence, and trends we have.
Take into account that Starfield is supposedly releasing in the same month as PS5 Slim AND Spider-Man 2, and TES6 is looking to be MIA for years to come. It's SO over for the Series consoles, and there's no one else to blame but Microsoft for their abysmal incompetence and completely destroying the momentum they had after their (admittedly) great 2021.

Topher

Gold Member

I'm a Switch fan as well, but I don't know how else one would describe the sales we are seeing right now. PS5 is dominating. If that's a "flex" then ok, but I seem to recall plenty of Switch fans flexing when they were on top. I'm sure some PS fans pointed out PS4 "pumping everyone for half a decade" as well. Either way, I think it makes more sense to talk about sales in the context of the period being discussed.

Top Bottom