• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

byanose_zpsdcgapblh.png

wheres the wii U in this chart?

Atlas157

TBH what's the difference in whether it's sports teams, car makes consoles etc? People always have a preference

Preferences =/= fanboyism

Like I said, I prefer Playstation, but I really want an Xbone because I can see that there are awesome games I'm missing out on. I don't get angry when it wins a month either. People that get angry over plastic boxes of silicon and metal are fanboys.

QaaQer

I think what surprises myself and others is how did it manage to sell more? Even at 13k, how did it happen? I'm still curious. The Show and Bloodborne were released.

Anecdote time: I saw some young girls going nuts over a Frozen dance game (or at least I think it was a dance game) at an MS store. Maybe not everyone wants a shoot/stab box and parents seeing their kids have fun with kinect is a great sales tool?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So is this the part of the thread where someone vaguely remembers some else saying [insert game here] was gonna bomb?

I vaguely remember someone saying that about MLB The Show and GTA for current gen. I also remember some of us saying ...okaaaay.....

And a down month all around for all systems.

RexNovis

Banned

Perfection. The nose knows. Well done.

sony got way too cocky with the ps4 honestly, doesn't surprise me

I'm glad Xbone won. Sony is getting complacent.

Oh goody I see this baseless opinion is making the rounds again. How about we actually try to discuss the possible impetus for the XB1 sales boost instead of flaunting insults veiled as observations.

So far the only possible causes I've seen mentioned have been the trade in deal at GameStop and the release of the MCC bundle. Sales trends had the MCC bundle failing to push significant numbers for the month but I suppose an initial buyout for any Halo fan holdouts looking to jump in on MCC could cause a boost. I doubt a trade in deal for a single week wild have that much of an impact on monthly sales alone but combined with the release of a new bundle it could be enough to inflate the monthly numbers. Either way this would be an artificial demand that would taper off the following month. TLDR: all evidence point towards this being a one month sales fluke with minimal actual sales traction gained.

I really really doubt it, that kind of number would have put it easily in the top 10 multi SKUs.

MH4 came in 10th place with those sales, so it might be possible it was just edged out. Out of curiosity, are there any numbers to compare April to February in terms of software sales in general?

Lol

Not really.

XB1 isn't flourishing whatsoever if the gap was around ~13k this month.

That means nothing in the grand scheme of things, regarding market share here in NA.

Xbox isn't killing it like PS4, but it's not doing bad. They still have a very strong presence and that's a good thing for everybody. They had a good month, man...it'll be okay

13K difference isnt really much. Congrats to MS anf Sony for still selling well in the month. WiiU needs the window pic again.

Edit: Beaten above!!

They should buy 6 months exclusivity for Battlefront. That sounds like a good answer to Halo.

They shouldn't do this.

I doubt Playstation even has enough in their whole warchest to buy that kind of exclusivity. Battlefront might even outsell CoD this year - it's hard to beat the Star Wars Marketing Machine.

That said, a bundle would do really, really well for them. A big expensive box with Star Wars on it is exactly what will move units this holiday.

My guess is that Playstation focuses on Battlefront as their lead holiday game (akin to Destiny last year), and starts the Uncharted promo train early. Maybe promote a demo/multiplayer beta. Push No Man's Sky (though that game will be tough as hell to promote in 30 second spots), and combine it all with a shiny new $325 price point.

Duxxy3

I maintain the Xbox One will outsell the PS4 in the US by the time all is said and done

I don't think that's absurd. Microsoft knows the US market extremely well. The console, controller and games are, largely, created with this market in mind. They have shown that they will do just about anything to gains sales in this market.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
They aren't unrelated at all. Its a pretty interesting piece of data.

MS sold 187,000 in US
MS sold 187 in Japan

Its a hell of a coincidence.

wait wtf, for real? They sold 187 in Japan? Where is this data coming from. How can someone even track such a small number. Source?

kswiston

I don't really care that it was outsold this month, but the PS4 IS due for a price cut. The system has been out for 18 months. Even the PS2 saw a price cut by now, and I am pretty sure it had stronger sales by this point in time..

Top Bottom