• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2007

xbox 360, takes a lick'n but keep's on tick'n
color_.gif

Chiggs

Gold Member
Wow, the 360 had a larger jump than I thought it would. September through December should be amazing for them.

Nintendo...well, what more can be said? :lol

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
When did Strikers come out? I thought it was a month or two ago so I'm surprised to see it in the top 10

TwinsDad

Threi said:
Madden Wii got CREAMED.

I wouldn't say that 12th is getting creamed. But it was the last in popular console sales of Madden.

Edit: damn, I didn't notice it was below the original xbox in sales numbers. Both it and I failed.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Wii isn't doing much to disprove the age old 'third party titles don't sell' argument.

Just saying.

capslock said:
Wii isn't doing much to disprove the age old 'third party titles don't sell' argument.

Just saying.

What games do you wish had sold? The general opinion is that Wii Madden isn't as good as the 360 version, and other than that there's really not much that's sold below expectations.

Didn't think the PS3 would fall so quick and also though the 360 would have done better, given the price cut & the bioshock fanfare

Omikaru

Wow. Totally shocked at the 360, I was guessing 250k at most! And Madden's sales are beyond anything I would've imagined, of course. Though the Wii and DS are sort of what I was expecting, as is the PS3, which isn't very good for Sony at all.

Zzoram said:
Either Wii hasn't got the sports fans yet, or nobody wants to play Madden with motion controls.
I think it's a combination of a good chunk of Madden fans want the good graphics and an online community to play with, and most of the rest are still on PS2/Xbox. For the vast majority of Madden fans with a 360 or PS3 and a Wii, the 360/PS3 version would win out I would think.

Threi

notag
capslock said:

Just saying.

But it is doing much to say "Hardcore games sell".

and that is all that matters in the end i guess.

Top Bottom