• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Yoshi's Wooly World is the most adorable game I've ever played. I love it so much. Feel goods all over.

Yup, it's fun :).

The feels that game induces are legendary. I need to finish it actually. I'm glad that it seems to have done decently for itself. 450k in US, 100k in Germany, 100k in Japan. Tking the rest of the World into account looks like it probably did a solid 800k. I wonder what the legs will be like.

Fluffy?

I actually think the split will be even more skewed towards PS4's favor since the PS4 has been getting JRPGs (even though they're niche) while the XB1 has not.

Do we already know about split numbers from other comparable games this gen?
Established JRPG with at least some appeal to western audience.
I can't think of a candidate, but it would be interesting.

Type 0 HD?

NPD March.

> 200k

79% PS4
21% XBO

I guess this is as close as we can get to well-known at the moment.
80/20 seems to be the benchmark then.
Can we think of any genre that would have a worse split (except exclusives) beween Xbox and PS?
Thank you, ethomaz

otakukidd

Do we already know about split numbers from other comparable games this gen?
Established JRPG with at least some appeal to western audience.
I can't think of a candidate, but it would be interesting.
What about a jrpg split between vita and xbox one.I'm kinda curious the what the split for stranger of sword city will be.

cilonen

Now that the dust has settled a little I gotta call shenanigans on Aaron Greenberg's "Well over a million" and "Massive December" for ROTR.

~360,000 (roughly) over two months in it's biggest market does not a blockbuster make.

Fdkn

Now that the dust has settled a little I gotta call shenanigans on Aaron Greenberg's "Well over a million" and "Massive December" for ROTR.

~360,000 (roughly) over two months in it's biggest market does not a blockbuster make.

this has been discussed to death. Believe it or not, including 360, bundles and digital it's possible. And even if it was a lie, it doesn't matter, more than a million or less than a million is a ridiculous number for a game like RotTR imo anyway.

cilonen

this has been discussed to death. Believe it or not, including 360, bundles and digital it's possible. And even if it was a lie, it doesn't matter, more than a million or less than a million is a ridiculous number for a game like RotTR anyway.

Sorry, I bailed out the thread when the carnival of stupid started before we got solid numbers, I saw bannings so I figured it was safe to come back in. Sorry for dragging it up.

Hopefully though we can remember this next time Greenberg starts spewing PR.

blakep267

What about a jrpg split between vita and xbox one.I'm kinda curious the what the split for stranger of sword city will be.
I don't think the expectations are supposed to be high for Stranger. It's a dungeon rpg and launching at $40. Its for fans of that and that's it

"Well over" was probably meant to be intentionally ambiguous for PR purposes. I think it hit a million but not much more then that, and probably not close enough to warrant "well over" as is traditionally interpreted.

Abdiel

Lol, that might be the case! But seriously it was someone who has bish verified tag and all. Someone said how FF was much higher in Amazon, then they added that in their store situation was opposite. Or I just had dream.

I joked the other day you could reverse the Amazon placements and make them real copies of xv and khiii for the ps4 and xb1, and it would give you close to our store's pre-order numbers for the games. As in, several hundred copies for ps4 and under ten for xb1. I think you misread my joke.

It was not very good anyway.

Work is really slow.

I joked the other day you could reverse the Amazon placements and make them real copies of xv and khiii for the ps4 and xb1, and it would give you close to our store's pre-order numbers for the games. As in, several hundred copies for ps4 and under ten for xb1. I think you misread my joke.

Work is really slow.
What the hell?!

Work is really slow.
Yeah, and seems that I was bit slow when I read your post back then, lol.

Lol, that might be the case! But seriously it was someone who has bish verified tag and all. Someone said how FF was much higher in Amazon, then they added that in their store situation was opposite. Or I just had dream.

I believe you misunderstood his post:

What's hilarious is that the PS4 version of FFXV is #8 while the XB1 version is #356 on the Amazon rankings.

You could flip those numbers and have fairly close to accurate preorder numbers for the PS4 and XB1 versions of the game in our stores, hah! (As in PS4 at 356 and XB1 at 8)

(Not *that* accurate, but close enough to be amusing - Though would be closer with KH3, really. I expect FFXV will still sell kind of okay on XB1. Kind of.)

He's not talking about rankings for his store, just numbers (as in 356 preorders for the PS4 version, 8 for XB1). Just a little joke.

edit: Oh there he is.

I think even Square don't expect much from the Xbox One version anyway. Same for KH III.
I mean final fantasy fine i guess they got 13, could have 14 if not for their own foolish nonsense and got type-0. Kingdom hearts on the other hand will bomb so damn hard. Xbox didn't get the collections aren't getting 2.8 either, no fanbase,no knowledge no nothing lol

I mean final fantasy fine i guess they got 13, could have 14 if not for their own foolish nonsense and got type-0. Kingdom hearts on the other hand will bomb so damn hard. Xbox didn't get the collections aren't getting 2.8 either, no fanbase,no knowledge no nothing lol

You know, I guess the "Disney" factor could make the Xbox version do better than FF XV, but who knows.

Hopefully MS ramps up the marketing of Quantum Break soon. It has been pretty quiet on that front.

I think they will get going on it very soon. Sam Lake tweeted about press going to their HQ to play it so previews will be soon, Aaron Greenberg mentioned they had some interesting plans for its marketing on a podcast a few weeks ago (I think thats what he said anyway) they are just waiting until a bit nearer the time to get the ball rolling.

Still need to find out if they have any plans for a collectors/limited edition, possible DLC (seasons pass etc), pre-order bonus crap and console bundle(s)

Was this related to anything or is this a flow of consciousness?

Some dude made that thread, it got locked, then he made it again 30 minutes later. Guess I went meta for a second.

I know Driveclub is a pretty game, and apparently a good game but I so hate it lol. I suuuuuuuuuuuuck. I need to gitgud but I'm old and have no reflexes anymore.

Conduit

Banned
Including bundle, Gears and Uncharted are at the same level, if not bigger.

Gears is probabily bigger since it sold much over 800k in December alone.

GeOW bundle was the main Xbone bundle in November and December. Like Mulcair said : "no other Xbox One bundle come close" Main PS4 bundle in December was SW : Battlefront ( around 600k ) as expected. And Uncharted isn't far off in December. But main PS4 bundle in November was Uncharted bundle ( 880k IIRC ).

Some dude made that thread, it got locked, then he made it again 30 minutes later. Guess I went meta for a second.
Those bizarre threads locked disappear too quickly. There should be a cemetary section for freak themes like this. Taking a walk there on a rainy afternoon would free one's mind.

Top Bottom