• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2009

markatisu

Zachack said:
HOTD? Anecdotally, I didn't see a lot of SO4 ads until March, but I don't watch much TV. Further, I was under the impression that the general agreement is that SO4 did poorly, so I'm not sure how this helps your argument.

SO4 had much larger advertising in Feb than HoTD Overkill, SO4 was on almost every station including those in prime time. HoTD Overkill was relegated originally to a select few (G4, Sci Fi, Spike, Adult Swim) then expanded as we rolled into March to go alongside the MadWorld commercials that have been airing on USA and many other channels.

You are also wrong about the whole evergreen debate, games like HoTD Overkill will remain with retailers throughout the year even with 45k in initial sales. It has worked that way for the last 2 years and Wii shelves have only expanded in retailers like Target (who last Fall doubled their Wii shelving, halved their PS3 and combined their PS2 and PSP together).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
markatisu said:
SO4 had much larger advertising in Feb than HoTD Overkill, SO4 was on almost every station including those in prime time. HoTD Overkill was relegated originally to a select few (G4, Sci Fi, Spike, Adult Swim) then expanded as we rolled into March to go alongside the MadWorld commercials that have been airing on USA and many other channels.

You are also wrong about the whole evergreen debate, games like HoTD Overkill will remain with retailers throughout the year even with 45k in initial sales. It has worked that way for the last 2 years and Wii shelves have only expanded in retailers like Target (who last Fall doubled their Wii shelving, halved their PS3 and combined their PS2 and PSP together).

Can you share how many GRPs HoTD and SO4 both planned for? Also, the stocking plans and product strategy for major retailers like Target? I mean, you're telling someone they are wrong based on these facts you have and have stated so plainly, so I was hoping you could share with everyone else so we understand you better

Zachack

DeaconKnowledge said:
Go ahead and get cute with me all you want, but you were clearly insinuating here that Nintendo will have no ambition to create more high budget Mario Platformers anymore, based on what I don't know.
No, what I was responding to was:
donny1221 said:
I can't be too mad at Dead Rising, as it's doing something that I want Capcom to continue with (reusing the RE4 engine and control style). However when the Wii is about the same or a little higher than the Xbox in graphical capability and Nintendo can put out gems like Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess (a GameCube game) ... yeah
It was solely about visuals. You then decided to get all in a fanboy huff because someone decided to question your precious-precious.

Why the hell would Nintendo cheap out on the visuals of its marquee franchise? (Not even keeping in mind that you haven't given any basis for reference as to what cheaply developed Nintendo games sell well enough to replace their bread and butter.) You're a loon.
Because there's nothing to indicate that it would matter in sales. SMG is the only Nintendo game that released so far that clearly couldn't have been done visually on the GC. SSBB is a maybe but it's a tough comparison because the prior release was a GC launch title, and IMO it could have been done on the GC.

Of course, you're also now pretending that I said that Nintendo would only make cheap games, so I somehow doubt you're going to stop trying to rewrite my posts.

Zachack

markatisu said:
Just because Nebraska is the physical center of the USA doesn't mean that you can pretend that your market means anything.

What a fascinating world this Nebraska must be.

Also, please note that a major electronics retailer is, as of the first weekend of March, gone. Does NPD track liquidations? From all the stories I heard almost every CC had a huge pile of GHWT band kits for 360 and Wii.

Zachack said:
No, what I was responding to was:

It was solely about visuals. You then decided to get all in a fanboy huff because someone decided to question your precious-precious.

Because there's nothing to indicate that it would matter in sales. SMG is the only Nintendo game that released so far that clearly couldn't have been done visually on the GC. SSBB is a maybe but it's a tough comparison because the prior release was a GC launch title, and IMO it could have been done on the GC.

Of course, you're also now pretending that I said that Nintendo would only make cheap games, so I somehow doubt you're going to stop trying to rewrite my posts.

First of all, I assailed your insinuation that Nintendo would "cheap out on the visuals of its marquee franchise" (my words verbatim) which is exactly what you were getting at when you posted the above.

Second, I again ask, what's your point of reference here? What titles has Nintendo even put their top teams on that they so thoroughly have gone the cheap route on?

I made my initial Mario post because the idea you're presenting, that Nintendo is so frugal as to undercut Mario just to save some bucks, is pure madness, with absolutely zero point of reference besides them not announcing a game made by their top dev teams recently. Do you think Miyamoto is overseeing daily Punchout and Pikmin re-make development personally?

Aeana said:
ITT: People who haven't played Star Ocean 4 judge it based on a single video.

It's a great game (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like action RPGs, or any other game in the Star Ocean series). It deserves to do well.

This. Anyone who plays this game for the story has clearly never played a star ocean title before. These games are all about the game play and to that end SO4 is an exceptional game deserving of far more sales than it currently has received.

Jokeropia

Zachack said:
There's that "better than PS3" argument again, which hilariously also ignores that Resistance came out two days prior. I suppose you could compare it to Red Steel in terms of competition... but I wouldn't.
Red Steel actually beat Resistance at launch.
Zachack said:
Because there's nothing to indicate that it would matter in sales.
Why did they put that effort on the visuals in the first place? Seing as the game is comfortably outperforming Sunshine and has a real shot at becoming the best selling 3D Mario ever there is more to suggest that it helps now than there was before release.

Really, your proposition is ridiculous and could be made for pretty much every successful game out there. ("Sure it sold great but how do you know it couldn't have done just as well even if they had cheapened out on the visuals a bit?")

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
HK-47 said:
That was totally subtle, man

Awwww yeah man
Sorry, but after seeing how it costed poor Threi's life (requiescat in pace until his ban lifts, whenever it is) I'm not leaving sarcasm unmarked anymore.

Zachack said:
Does it, though? It's certainly no Wii Play/Fit. SMG was heavily frontloaded. SSBB pops up in Wii top 10 charts every now and then, as does Link's Crossbow, but unless I missed a month I haven't seen SMG since May, and that chart typically scrapes some pretty low numbers. Granted, SMG could be right under the top 10, but either way it clearly isn't showing the long-term sales potential that MK, Play, or Fit do.
It doesn't need to sell as much as Wii Fit/Play/MK to be successful, it still sold millions worldwide. Why would Nintendo care as long as all their major titles are selling well?

Zachack said:
So you think that if you brought the visuals in SMG down to, say, mid-to-late-gen Gamecube visuals, it wouldn't have sold as well?
So what do you think Nintendo is going to do, stick to last-gen graphics forever? Please. Why do people like you think that Nintendo really don't give a shit about graphics? They do, but they've been burnt before going down the graphics path, their strategy changed but that doesn't mean they'll stop pursuing for more advanced graphics. They just decided to work from the bottom up this time around.

Jokeropia said:
Really, your proposition is ridiculous and could be made for pretty much every successful game out there. ("Sure it sold great but how do you know it couldn't have done just as well even if they had cheapened out on the visuals a bit?")
Pretty much. More importantly, why would Nintendo bother cutting back on pushing the Wii hardware? They need to start eventually. It's not like they were even strapped for cash once the DS started pouring in money.

markatisu

John Harker said:
Can you share how many GRPs HoTD and SO4 both planned for? Also, the stocking plans and product strategy for major retailers like Target? I mean, you're telling someone they are wrong based on these facts you have and have stated so plainly, so I was hoping you could share with everyone else so we understand you better

You know I never understood what your tag meant until I read your comments in this thread

Zachack said:
Blah blah blah Nebraska

Not sure what your obsession with Nebraska is (I am from Iowa btw), but if you search the US Retail Musing threads going back into the fall with employees from Target and Gamestop you will easily see how the shelving has switched and why Wii titles have a better shot at being evergreen regardless of how fast they sell or how high, just do to retailer space.

Cygnus X-1

RSTEIN said:
physics_elephant.jpg

:lol :lol

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
markatisu said:
You know I never understood what your tag meant until I read your comments in this thread

Sir, you are the one making things up. That was my point: I was pointing that out. I take it you do not have any comScore or Nielsen @Plan or AdRelevance or any tracking measurements to back up what you're saying? (Sorry, I can't let you borrow my logins). Unless you were telling someone they were wrong just based on how much TV you watch and you count the commercials? And I'm spouting bull? :lol That's fine, I'm finished anyway

Vinci

Danish
kinggroin said:
No they wouldn't. And had they changed it, the appeal would mostly be gone.

Eh, this matter is necessarily subjective: I think making the game about a spider and scorpion hurt its sales, you don't; I think they could've made a similar (ie, just as good) game with creatures that aren't subjects of the most common phobias on earth, and you don't. We'll never know, 'cause odds are there won't be a sequel at any rate.

This game was destined to fail because it had no proper push for whatever audience it was trying to apeal to.

So it had an audience? Show advertisements for the game and the average person is going to be disinterested or outright repulsed due to the creatures you play as.

Find it on the shelves and it quite honestly looks no different than those CG art covered crapfests like Anubis and Gingerbread Man.

This, I agree with. The cover looked like shit. Would've been better just to have the words 'Deadly Creatures' on a solid black background in a relatively cool font.

The game was pretty good, and deserving of making back it's budget plus a lot more; but I honestly have no idea how a strange game like this would be marketed in such a way to prime it for success.

I'm not suggesting the change I mentioned - changing from the spider and scorpion, to who knows, a squirrel and something else generally appealing (call it 'Fluffy Creatures' or whatever) - would have launched it to Top 10 status; I'm merely stating it would have helped the game sell better.

Zachack

DeaconKnowledge said:
First of all, I assailed your insinuation that Nintendo would "cheap out on the visuals of its marquee franchise" (my words verbatim) which is exactly what you were getting at when you posted the above.
Your first response, verbatim:
Why the fuck are you guys even acknowledging this "Nintendo has no Impetus to make MARIO FUCKING PLATFORMERS" anyway?
Clearly you get emotionally upset quite easily, so I'd really suggest that you take a break and maybe actually play a videogame on the Nintendo Wii, which would probably be a refreshing change for most of the typical posters in this thread. Maybe you could actually buy one of the poor-selling Wii titles!

Second, I again ask, what's your point of reference here? What titles has Nintendo even put their top teams on that they so thoroughly have gone the cheap route on?
I wasn't aware that the only options for Nintendo were to either go AAA blockbuster or "cheap route". If so, I guess MK, because that's certainly not AAA blockbuster. Of course, if you weren't so ridiculously attached to your console, you'd realize that there's a magical world called "mid-range".
Sorry, but after seeing how it costed poor Threi's life (requiescat in pace until his ban lifts, whenever it is) I'm not leaving sarcasm unmarked anymore.
Threi woudn't have been banned if he was actually clever with the sarcasm, rather than coming across as petulant and whiny. I know you think he's on your "team" but you guys should really try to cull the chaff from your ranks.
Not sure what your obsession with Nebraska is (I am from Iowa btw), but if you search the US Retail Musing threads going back into the fall with employees from Target and Gamestop you will easily see how the shelving has switched and why Wii titles have a better shot at being evergreen regardless of how fast they sell or how high, just do to retailer space.
So anecdotal GAF threads and... well, not really sure where you're getting the advertising info.

donny2112

Vinci said:
I think making the game about a spider and scorpion hurt its sales, you don't;

The game being about spiders and scorpions was fine. It's just that the gameplay should've been you controlling a virtual booted foot as you stomp and kill the scorpions and spiders as they scurry across the screen. Millions...

Zachack said:
If so, I guess MK, because that's certainly not AAA blockbuster.

Eh? Mario Kart Wii was great, and the online was some of the best on Wii to date. I think this is, once again, running into the vague area of what constitutes a AAA game. :p

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
The thing that hurt DC the most was the lack of advertising. When I had heard they hired Hopper and Billy Bob to do VA, I had some hope for the game. But then they announced their advertising plans. :( Its a shame, because I think that Motion Capture video could have been condensed down to a wonderful TV spot for the game.

I wonder... Did DC's lack of an advertising push hurt THQ's ability to get the fully distributed or was it the other way around? ...THQ couldn't get several retailers to even carry the game so they cut their advertising to match.

Johann

I don't think Deadly Creatures would have done well in any circumstances. Maybe it's just me but I think most people are just petrified of spiders and other creepy crawlers unless it involves brutally killing them. I just don't see the appeal in the boxart and marketing (which sold the actual gameplay short) for most people.

I can see maybe young boys of elementary school age taking interest just for its content. It's similar to how boys in the ages 11-14 are prone to fall in love with science fiction and then fall out of it.

donny2112 said:
The game being about spiders and scorpions was fine. It's just that the gameplay should've been you controlling a virtual booted foot as you stomp and kill the scorpions and spiders as they scurry across the screen. Millions...
What in the world...:lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Zachack said:

Clearly you get emotionally upset quite easily

I think you're the one that seems to be taking things too seriously.

Your post again:

Zachack said:
Looking at Nintendo's output I'd say it takes their very best team (with likely a near-infinite budget) to make something on the level of SMG, and going by what keeps selling month after month it was obviously a waste of money that Business-Savvy Nintendo probably won't make again. Why stretch the duct tape when you can get 3x the sales with end-of-gen GC visuals?

I don't see how anyone could interpret that as implying anything other than that Nintendo won't attempt to make something as graphically capable as SMG ever again. Not to mention it's also wrong for oh so many reasons.

Vinci

Danish
SovanJedi said:
Jesuz Zachack, you're really on the offensive aren't you?

He seems to think that owning a Wii or discussing sales automatically makes you a Nintendo zealot. Which is far from true. Do I like Nintendo this generation? Of course, I'll make up no stories about it. But that's because, without them, I wouldn't own a console at all right now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Vinci said:
He seems to think that owning a Wii or discussing sales automatically makes you a Nintendo zealot. Which is far from true. Do I like Nintendo this generation? Of course, I'll make up no stories about it. But that's because, without them, I wouldn't own a console at all right now.
Not me I own all the consoles.

Oblivion

ShockingAlberto said:
Zachack has been on the offensive in more threads than this. It's a little weird.

If he's the same Zachack from the Something Awful forums, it's not surprising. Seems he needed an outlet for his pent up rage at Nintendo and/or its fans.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
On the subject of Deadly Creatures, I think it was a pretty fun game but ultimately felt a bit thin on the ground in content and replay value. They made some amazing environments and soundtracks for it though. Reeeeeeeeeally good attention to detail in it.

But I do think that it was pretty doomed from the start to gain niche sales and even the official topic has tens of posts talking about how little they expect it to sell. It's a game where you play a tarantula or a scorpion who has no name, no history and no driving incentive to do what they do in the game other than to survive, so there was really no character to it despite its awesome animation and presentation. The boxart belies its awesome presentation values, instead giving the impression that the game is a kind of edutatinment title. Also, no adverts and absolutely no push behind it in stores, yadda yadda yadda.

Point is, it would have sold very little anywhere really had it been given the same treatment on 360, PS3, PC, wherever, as it was on the Wii. I'm glad they made it though, it's a unique experience that has problems but I will nevertheless remember for being different this generation, like a less maniacal Suda51 game of sorts.

timetokill said:
My girlfriend got the game after months of anticipation and played through it. I didn't see that much of it, but I did see enough of both the combat and the story/cutscenes to make (I feel) a pretty informed opinion of it.

- The battles look fun
- The embarrassment meter is through the roof as soon as anybody opens their mouth (except maybe Edge).
- anime bullshit abounds! yaaaaay i finally found some friends
- the dialog and story is atrociously bad
- those
giant pink bunnies
are hilarious and super strange. put them on the box and no straight male buys the game. ever.
Presentation carries a lot of weight with me and even if the game was technically flawless I can't support a title that makes such a poor effort on the translation end of things. That voice acting was excruciating and the subject matter isn't much better. As it stands, I'd rather pick up Eternal Sonata on the cheap or give Last Remnant a shot.

Zachack said:

Clearly you get emotionally upset quite easily, so I'd really suggest that you take a break and maybe actually play a videogame on the Nintendo Wii, which would probably be a refreshing change for most of the typical posters in this thread. Maybe you could actually buy one of the poor-selling Wii titles!

I wasn't aware that the only options for Nintendo were to either go AAA blockbuster or "cheap route". If so, I guess MK, because that's certainly not AAA blockbuster. Of course, if you weren't so ridiculously attached to your console, you'd realize that there's a magical world called "mid-range".

I wasn't aware that Nintendo had dropped development of their AAA titles either, but here we are apparently! Mid and low range for everyone! You STILL haven't explained why Nintendo would drop the dev resources for one of their largest franchises despite pushing over 8 million units. Figures you'd duck the question.

Nintendo, like ANY top flight developer, realises that you can't appeal to the masses with just one market focus. Notice this gen, Nintendo has released a range of low to high budget games that cover a number of tastes. Lord only knows why you're extrapolating individual titles to conclude that "Nintendo has no reason to make AAA budget games anymore" when the entire POINT of Nintendo's strategy this gen is to grab as many people as possible. A strategy which is obviously working, but hell, let's just remove Galaxy and its sales then assume Nintendo's gonna quit making those games just because. Every theory on Nintendo in these threads always seems to start with "Well, if you remove this game and it's sales....."

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta figure out how I can register My third party copy of Rune Factory Frontier for Nintendo fun bucks.

gtj1092

Zack you can't win theres is too many of them. They all agree with each other thus making their majority OPINION somehow factual.

Also where were all of you for the Marvelous laying off employees thread? ;)

Didn't care to discuss sales and unsustainable business models then, I wonder why?

gtj1092 said:
Zack you can't win theres is too many of them. They all agree with each other thus making their majority OPINION somehow factual.

Didn't care to discuss sales and unsustainable business models then, I wonder why?

Yay for insubstantial snipes.

The reasoning behind the majority's arguments seems quite sound to me. Your post on the other hand...

Oblivion

gtj1092 said:

But somehow having no actual evidence other than gut feeling, a sixth sense, or woman's intuition somehow makes for better accuracy?

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
gtj1092 said:

What? Where is this?

Scrubking

gtj1092 said:

There was nothing to discuss. Marvelous asking 20 people to retire so they could meet their projections is entirely different than a company going bankrupt because they sank all of their money into HD games and saw little return.

Of course trying to discuss this with someone like you is pointless, but I thought I'd clarify.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gtj1092 said:

because like i said in the first reply to that thread their sales were above the expectations they had for all of the products they released, and their business model is low budget small team games so it's definitionally sustainable.

... of course, you're not actually interested in sales so it doesn't really matter what people do and don't discuss in sales threads.

gtj1092 said:

Please don't try to get ahead of yourself or you may lose your balance and fall.

6ybxx7c.gif

Copy, paste:

NPD: January 2009 Life to Date Numbers

without comments

Multiplatform

Assassin’s Creed - 2.3m (360), 1.15m (PS3)
Bioshock - 998k (360), 106k (PS3)
The Bourne Conspiracy - 103k (360), 83k (PS3)
Burnout Paradise - 371k (360) 306k (PS3)
Civilization Revolution - 96k (DS), 254k (360), 149k (PS3)
The Darkness - 284k (360), 133k (PS3)
Dark Sector - 139k (360), 97k (PS3)
Dead Space - 337k (360), 212k (PS3)
Disgaea - 45k (DS), 78k (PSP)
Dynasty Warriors 6 - 113k (360), 103k (PS3), 26k (PS2)
Eternal Sonata - 98k (360), 33k (PS3)
Fallout 3 - 1.14m (360), 452k (PS3)
Fight Night 3 - 1.19M (360) 526k (PS3)
Guitar Hero 3 - 2.37M (360) 830k (PS3) 2.75M (Wii)
Guitar Hero: World Tour - 924k (360) 466k (PS3) 1.39M (Wii)
Kane & Lynch - 300k (360), 197k (PS3)
Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 1 - 85k (360) 46k (PS3)
Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 2 - 20k (36o) 16k (PS3)
Lego Batman - 207k (360), 128k (PS3), 507k (PS2), 420k (Wii)
Lego Indiana Jones - 241k (360), 142k (PS3), 456k (PS2), 563k (Wii)
Mirror’s Edge - 207k (360), 125k (PS3)
Mortal Kombat vs DC - 592k (360), 512k (PS3)
N+ - 26k (DS), 21k (PSP)
Prince of Persia - 282k (360), 248k (PS3)
Pure - 158k (360) 92k (PS3)
Rock Band 1 - 1.65M (360) 648k (PS3) 1.03M (Wii)
Rock Band 2 - 1.02M (360) 384k (PS3) 353k (Wii)
Saints Row 2 - 480k (360), 188k (PS3)
Saints Row 2 [Collector's Edition only] - 30k (360), 11k (PS3)
Shaun White - 271k (360), 141k (PS3), 537k (Wii)
Silent Hill 5 - 73k (360), 84k (PS3)
Silent Hill Origins: 80k (PS2), 154k (PSP)
Skate - 606k (360) 202k (PS3)
Sonic Unleashed - 113k (360), 69k (PS3), 315k (Wii)
Soul Calibur 4 - 500k (360), 353k (PS3)
Space Invaders Extreme - 58k (DS), 34k (PSP)
Star Wars Force Unleashed - 823k (360) 464k (PS3) 626k (Wii) 175k (DS) 263k (PSP) 352k (PS2)
Tiger Woods 09 - 216k (360), 174k (PS3), 565k (Wii)
Unreal Tournament III - 164k (360) 219k (PS3)
The World Ends With You - 172k

Beautiful Katamari - 96k
Banjo: Nuts & Bolts - 154k
Battle Fantasia - 4,704
Blue Dragon - 189k
Halo 3 - 4.66m (regular), 633k (CE), 479k (LE)
Infinite Undiscovery - 110k
Left 4 Dead - 1.28m
Lips - 46k
Lost Odyssey - 348k
Ninja Gaiden II - 517k
Saints Row 1 - 1.02m
Tales of Vesperia - 107k
The Last Remnant 118k
Viva Pinata 2 - 80k

PS3

Folklore - 109k
Genji: Days of the Blade - 96k
Heavenly Sword - 386k
Lair - 185k
Little Big Planet - 670k
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 1.09m
Motorstorm 1 - 427k
Motorstorm 2 - 138k
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 316k
Rachet & Clank: Tools of Destruction - 427k
Resistance - 1.07m
Resistance 2 - 640k
Time Crisis 4 - 206k
Uncharted - 534k
Valkyria Chronicles - 74k

Wii

Animal Crossing - 654k (game only), 161k (Wiispeak bundle)
Blast Works - 31k
Castle Shikigami 3 - 7,366
Fantastic 4 - 76k
Mario & Sonic @ at the Olympics - 1.99m
No More Heroes - 208k
Ultimate Duck Hunting - 49k
Ultimate Shooting Collection - 1,126
Zack & Wiki - 117k

PS2

Disney Golf - 59k
Final Fantasy X - 2.46m
Final Fantasy XII - 1.85m
Katamari Damacy - 450k
Kingdom Hearts 1 - 3.28m
Kingdom Hearts 2 - 2.3m
Kingdom Hearts: RE:Chain of Memories - 312k
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 246k
Odin Sphere - 149k
Persona 4 - 123k
SMT: Devil Summoner - 43k
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 - 51k
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 - 43k
SMT: Nocturne - 60k
Silent Hill 2 - 512k
Silent Hill 3 - 279k
Silent Hill 4 - 209k
We Love Katamari - 230k
Yakuza 1 - 56k
Yakuza 2 - 24k

PSP

Crisis Core: FF7 - 708k
Patapon - 229k
God of War: Chains of Olympus - 640k
Star Ocean: First Departure - 69k
Yggdra Union - 12k

DS

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - 71k
Chrono Trigger - 210k
Contra 4 - 115k
Dragon Quest 4 - 76k
Final Fantasy 4 - 275k
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - 233k
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - 117k
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - 110k
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - 92k
Professor Layton & the Curious Village - 340k
Trauma Center: Under the Knife - 225k
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - 61k

MyCoach Series
Word - 263k
Spanish - 224k
Japanese - 90k
French - 83k
Weight - 76k
Chinese - 34k
SAT - 25k
Smoking - 3k

DOTNW did 106K.

Slavik81

Tiktaalik said:
Well I'm pretty happy that Dead Rising Wii bombed because that deserved it. Deadly Creatures bombing is a bit of a shame, but it looks like it got hit by the same curse as Monster Lab, that is not enough marketing.
Deadly Creatures released?

legend166

The stupidest thing about this whole argument is the assumption that making games that sell like Wii Sports and Wii Fit is easy and cheap. Even Nintendo showed they can't do it all the time with Wii Music.

I put forth that including the the R&D on the balance board, Wii Fit probably cost just as much as Galaxy*.

*I have no proof, but it makes sense, lol.

Chumly

gtj1092 said:

:lol :lol :lol

I wondered where your daily round of trolling would lead you to next.

Narcosis

legend166 said:
The stupidest thing about this whole argument is the assumption that making games that sell like Wii Sports and Wii Fit is easy and cheap. Even Nintendo showed they can't do it all the time with Wii Music.

I put forth that including the the R&D on the balance board, Wii Fit probably cost just as much as Galaxy*.

R&D of manufacturing board + cost of componets for retail build + cost of manufacturing + general overhead costs needed to run the business

It's not a bad comparison at all

farnham

Banned
legend166 said:

why didnt wii music sell like 3 million copies..? (worldwide)

Top Bottom