• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2010

Xbox 360 422.0K
stb-o.gif

donny2112

caliblue15 said:
@Naughty_Dog

Listen up GAF -- NPD says they *do* cover Wal-Mart in their monthly sales charts #MI6conference

If their past position of estimating for Wal-Mart had changed to getting hard numbers from Wal-Mart, they would've had a press release shouting it from the rooftops, as that would've given them close to 90% of the market in the U.S. However, there isn't such a press release, and Wal-Mart still doesn't have a compelling reason (outside of NPD just laying down a bunch of cash) to jump into NPD's pool. What does an 800-lb gorilla do?
Anything it wants.

Chrange

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I was going through my bookmarks and I save a few posts in NPD threads where people put up silly predictions and found this kid (who has since been banned) who said that the for the entire calendar year of 2010 the 360 would never outsell the Wii and it only took till the second month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17123834&postcount=1101

Someone should unban him cause I want my $5,000!!!
Did the mod who got his account also get the money and liver?

donny2112

Chrange said:
Did the mod who got his account also get the money and liver?

You're misunderstanding him. He bet $1000/$5000 and his liver that this (July 2009) would not be the last month the Wii outsold the 360. He was correct. He also never said what he was betting that the Wii would outsell the 360 in every calendar month in 2010.

No money or liver to be had.

donny2112 said:
You're misunderstanding him. He bet $1000/$5000 and his liver that this (July 2009) would not be the last month the Wii outsold the 360. He was correct. He also never said what he was betting that the Wii would outsell the 360 in every calendar month in 2010.

No money or liver to be had.

You read the same post I did?

Hell I bet the Wii outsells the 360 every calender month in 2010.

jvm

Gamasutra.
donny2112 said:
If their past position of estimating for Wal-Mart had changed to getting hard numbers from Wal-Mart, they would've had a press release shouting it from the rooftops, as that would've given them close to 90% of the market in the U.S. However, there isn't such a press release, and Wal-Mart still doesn't have a compelling reason (outside of NPD just laying down a bunch of cash) to jump into NPD's pool. What does an 800-lb gorilla do?
Anything it wants.
According to Anita's MI6 slides (sent to me today):
Yes, we project up the retail sample to cover an estimate of 100% of U.S. retail sales, including Walmart.
In short, they "cover" Wal-mart in the sense that their projection covers them. It never says they get data from Wal-mart.

Chumly

OldJadedGamer said:
I was going through my bookmarks and I save a few posts in NPD threads where people put up silly predictions and found this kid (who has since been banned) who said that the for the entire calendar year of 2010 the 360 would never outsell the Wii and it only took till the second month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17123834&postcount=1101

Someone should unban him cause I want my $5,000!!!
Kind of strange that you quoted that post when actually the post hes quoting by Omar Ismail is possible the single dumbest post ive ever seen.

donny2112

OldJadedGamer said:
You read the same post I did?

... I bet the Wii outsells the 360 every calender month in 2010.

The bet that you quoted didn't involve money or a liver. The bet that involved money and a liver was that July 2009 would not be the last month Wii outsold 360. I think it's safe to say he came out ahead on that one. :lol

mujun said:
Where is the March thread?

March NPD only ends this Saturday.

jvm said:
In short, they "cover" Wal-mart in the sense that their projection covers them. It never says they get data from Wal-mart.

Thanks. Naughty Dog just apparently didn't get the nuance.

mujun

donny2112 said:
The bet that you quoted didn't involve money or a liver. The bet that involved money and a liver was that July 2009 would not be the last month Wii outsold 360. I think it's safe to say he came out ahead on that one. :lol

March NPD only ends this Saturday.

Thanks. Naughty Dog just apparently didn't get the nuance.

Thanks.

Top Bottom