• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2014 [Up2: PS4/XB1/Wii U/360 Hardware, BD/Poke/DK]

Chobel

The same amount of views since october vs the same amount of views from 2 weeks ago.

You don't think there is a difference there?

Someone with marketing knowledge needs to get up in this bitch. They have this shit down to a science right now. I am not one of those people, but I've talked to them. They all say "DONT SLEEP ON INFAMOUS!"

Sony also used it's own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the ps3 and ps4. The money EA took from MS doesn't even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed. EA is in full "We're so fucking sorry, Sony" mode currently.

Also, Titanfall 360 is 30 fps. That's just for free for reading my post.

Shit!

Ha. I think the same way when I see people still cry about DRM that never happened and so on.

To answer your question no. So expect PS4 to dominate hardcore next NPD. Right?
I'm not sure what you're talking about with your first point.

Whether PS4s supply issues are slowly subsiding or not doesn't change the fact that the system was very much supply limited in February. PS4 sold 287k, that means 287k consoles were available in February

If supply exceeds demand this month, which we don't know yet as Amazon is still selling out (although being restocked much quicker) then we should get a good indication of demand.

Was that you that said they heard from their peeps that the X1 was hardly scratching 100K for Feb?

No. I guessed 105k in the npd thread, but you can dig up the post... all i said was "it was a shorter month so im guessing lower numbers across the board." After coming in second place the month before I got absolutely fucking slaughtered today. Way underestimated the Wii U. Way way way way undersold the xb1. And I underestimated the PS4 by a good 50k. I was awful this month. But no, I had no 'inside info' on it. The previous month I did. I knew the first two weeks of january from their internet projections which is why when I lowballed in the thread and people thought I was nuts... i ended up doing really well ;)

Sony also used it's own metrics in a meeting with EA last week and showed them what they would have sold on the ps3 and ps4. The money EA took from MS doesn't even begin to cover it. The EA guys went over the math and agreed. EA is in full "We're so fucking sorry, Sony" mode currently.

Very interesting....

Titanfall 2 is a lock for 2015 then you think?

Rozart

Why are people surprised that BD charted? Did it not get a lot of exposure in N.A? And so much for all the doom and gloom. The console market looks pretty healthy imo.

Youtube views. Twitter mentions. Preorders.

Second Son https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh96ehv4A&list=PLol_ykYs3OQ6BFpbAz7hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm Published mar 7. 4.7 mil views

The huge number of views that the respective Infamous:SS videos racked up has always surprised me quite a bit. Especially when compared to other gaming videos on YT. The game isn't getting that much attention in the gaming press but I guess consumer/public interest in the game is still very much alive and thriving.

N.Domixis

Banned
The same amount of views since october vs the same amount of views from 2 weeks ago.

Someone with marketing knowledge needs to get up in this bitch. They have this shit down to a science right now. I am not one of those people, but I've talked to them. They all say "DONT SLEEP ON INFAMOUS!"

Aww yiss. Excellent. If they get titanfall its over.

DaBoss

ダンガンロンパ ~ 13.5k
tearaway ~ 56k (LTD)
Thank you creamsugar!

I honestly did not expect it to be that close to Tearaway. Hopefully it has the legs and word of mouth like other visual novels. It could have been worse.

Anyone know Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward sales? 3DS and Vita would be great.

creamsugar

I don't take request via PM, so please do not do that.
I made up numbers and choose game randomly, so nothing to request at all.

Chobel

Possibly. We'll see in April. I said that because I think there is a strong reason Xbone's sales are increasing. I don't mind people disagreeing with me but maybe you could offer why you think the gap went from 135k to 30k.

Maybe because PS4 was supply constrained, and If there was enough supply the gap will be bigger than 30K.

harSon

Banned

Lol

Infamous was my favorite series on the PS3

It's also a single player game, I cannot see how it would be a significant system seller (thankfully Sony doesn't need that) and I think TitanFall will absolutely smoke it in NA in sales

Larger install base and a bigger hunger for something new makes me think they will be pretty damn tight in NA. A landslide for inFamous WW.

nampad

The digital sales of Bravely Default are crazy. Was there a promotion or was the physical version supply constraint?

ダンガンロンパ ~ 13.5k
tearaway ~ 56k (LTD)

What is that japanese game? Poor Tearaway :(
Thanks for the Vita numbers update, please post about the hardware and new Vita releases.

Nutter

So you are telling me that no one last month bought an Xbox One because of Titanfall coming out in a few weeks?

Okay.
Why the hell would you buy the system alone a few weeks earlier when they had already announced a titanfall bundle for the same price?

In light of Mort's EA/Sony "we're so fucking sorry comments", what could possibly result from that?

I'm guessing EA doesn't really want to do exclusive games for anyone anymore so an exclusive content deal or something would be more plausible. I'd be shocked if EA made it up to them by handing them (paid for by Sony of course) an exclusive. Maybe the head of EA will sing in an EA staffed musical about Sony at E3 titled "We're so fucking sorry, Sony!".

I expect that to be top headline on N4G at any moment. Ready when you are dual shockers /gamingbolt.

That EA part is very interesting. I love hearing the back door business info. Wish there was a book on it already for last gen and this gen to date.

Ridley327

The digital sales of Bravely Default are crazy. Was there a promotion or was the physical version supply constraint?

What is that japanese game?
Thanks for the Vita numbers update, please post about the hardware and new Vita releases.

It had a small initial shipment if you didn't pre-order the CE, but supply picked up rather quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of digital owners were figuring on a repeat of what happened with FE:A's shipments and saved themselves some grief.

Aww yiss. Excellent. If they get titanfall its over.

Fall 2016. It will be on everything. I don't think MS has a suitcase big enough to cover the costs and the fact that respawn want to create the biggest franchise in the world. There's money and ego involved here. MS can only supply one.

Saw the 30fps on your twitter account but rest of it is interesting, would read again

Sounds like EA will be more cautious with exclusivity deals going forward

Look on the bright side, it sold 14k its first month, so it's showing tremendous legs, proportionally.

Yeah that's true. I expected after the PSN sale it hoped it moved a lot more copies though.
The initial sales were so pitiful it was never going to hit a big number anyway :(

That EA part is very interesting. I love hearing the back door business info. Wish there was a book on it already for last gen and this gen to date.

There needs to be a book about 2010-2014. The stories i've heard are absolutely fucking incredible. Almost the entire industry was convinced in 2012 that the next xbox was going to dominate the world. And now here we are...

Man, IGN is like
SG2zZTY.gif

yyAAFiM.png

Better quality:
mj-spins-michael-jackr9qzj.gif

Alchemist

So they should be. They're decision making so far this gen has been terrible.

ascii42

Yeah that's true. I expected after the PSN sale it hoped it moved a lot more copies though.
The initial sales were so pitiful it was never going to hit a big number anyway :(

This is retail only, psn sales wouldn't have affected this, at least not positively. We have no idea how many digital copies Tearaway has sold.

Tripon

Youtube views. Twitter mentions. Preorders.

Second Son https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh96ehv4A&list=PLol_ykYs3OQ6BFpbAz7hnq9JhUZ0UZLbm Published mar 7. 4.7 mil views

To find anything even close on titanfall's youtube you have to go back to october. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiIamHIzBY&list=PLaeNmk1THKrX8a79WXuL4x2BH_VlzON5V 2.3 mil views. Their E3 video is just over 3 mil. Their "official gameplay launch trailer" which is a week old... 194k.

People give a fuck about inFamous. I'm not speaking about quality in the slightest. I have and absolutely love titanfall. See:

L1HO8rm.png

I'm just saying, and the person who clued me into this is very much with microsoft, but don't sleep on infamous. Titanfall is dominating the media but infamous is dominating things where the consumer makes the choice (like youtube, twitter, etc) and not editors.

Interesting. I'm assuming that they have some sort of algorithm they're using to help figure out how all of this translates into sales.

Top Bottom