• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2009

Barrett2

PlayStation 2 108K
PlayStation 3 121.8K

How bout that $399? Almost crossing the streams with your decade old system...
2egffq9.gif

operon

First NPD as a junior, and I can read the npd on the first page, where are all the servers errors. Damn wii messed up my predictions, as for the 360 go baby go

beje

Banned
No 500 - Internal server errors?

This is an outrage!!!!! :lol

Numbers this month have been pretty much predictable, though Mario Kart DS poking its nose there 4 years after release is really surprising, that's why nintendo don't want to drop game prices.

Taurus

Wii SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA July-09 508.2K
NCAA FOOTBALL 10 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS July-09 376.5K
NCAA FOOTBALL 10 PS3 ELECTRONIC ARTS July-09 237.4K
WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA May-08 164.3K
MARIO KART W/ WHEEL WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA April-08 156.6K
MARIO KART DS NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA November-05 132.2K
POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA March-09 116.4K
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS June-09 116.4K
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA May-06 101.8K
EA SPORTS ACTIVE BUNDLE WII ELECTRONIC ARTS May-09 96.8K
*Something random about fucking LEGS*

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Stoney Mason said:
For those keeping score.

9 straight months of being down yoy for the PS3. And unless it sells 185.4K next month which seems unlikely that will be the 10th in a row.

Last year for comparison

Everything is down YoY this month. The Wii down by 300k!

An all EA and Nintendo Top 10 for software. Interesting.

Hardware is going to continue to disappoint for everyone I think in this market. I think as soon as the market starts heading for a brighter future, we'll see a huge surge in hardware sales from all angles.

pgtl_10

Am I the only one who notices that 360 almost outsold Wii?

Wii is falling off a cliff. Casual "fad" fans are finally getting bored?

N I think Nintendo's market are the type that would put ff gaming during a recession.

There's just nothing really interesting about NPD anymore. Seriously, when the price cuts come in the next couple months, does anybody honestly believe that the order will change?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Of all genres, the music/dance genre has suffered the greatest declines this year, with nearly $390 million less revenues than the same time period last year.

The fad is dying. The Beatles is the only chance of the music game industry surviving. If it fails, music games are doomed.

schuelma said:
WSR didn't do anything to spur hardware sales.

price drop Nintendo..price drop

I think that's a bit premature. Nintendo is likely waiting to see what effect NSMB will have.

Also, I'm pretty shocked that the top 10 is 6/4 Nintendo/EA.

Yeah, I think that - unless we see a solid turnaround next month, perhaps driven by WSR - a price-cut or a fresh bundle has got to be on the cards fairly soon.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Slow ass month.
Slow ass thread.
Wii dissapointed.
360 surprised.
PS3 Failing Hard
DS is a beast.

Yeah... that's it.

Saiyar said:
Everything is down YoY this month. The Wii down by 300k!

because I'm lazy, any yoy numbers?

that would be the first time in a few months that the 360 wasn't up yoy compared to the others being down.

GhaleonEB

Code:
System          NPD     ME      Delta
PlayStation 2   108     122     14
PlayStation 3   121.8   131     9.2
PSP             122.8   128     5.2
Xbox 360        202.9   232     29.1
Wii             252.5   332     79.5
Nintendo DS     538.9   579     40.1

Total           1346.9  1524    177.1

The only one that really surprises me this month is the Wii - is this is lowest month to date? I didn't expect it to drop that low.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
kame-sennin said:
I think that's a bit premature. Nintendo is likely waiting to see what effect NSMB will have.

By the time NSMB Wii comes out 7 out of the 12 months of the fiscal year will be over. I don't see it having so big of an effect as to counteract 7 months of falling sales.

Nintendo still has NSMB and Wii Fit Plus to keep them going during the holiday season. But I think we'll probably see a price drop to $200 early next year based on the way sales are going right now.

kame-sennin said:

No, they need to drop the price now!!!

Iwata's giant pool full of gold coins is getting low.. It is prime gold-bathing season.

pgtl_10

Archie said:
The fad is dying. The Beatles is the only chance of the music game industry surviving. If it fails, music games are doomed.

No the reccession hurts genres that are aimed at people who don't have gaming at top of their agenda.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I think it's important to note that Battlefield 1943 would have placed high on the software list, if not at the very top, if digital distribution games were counted. This has pretty humongous implications for developers' stances towards XBLA and PSN in the future.

V_Arnold

Move away people, there is nothing to see here....

( Seeing the comparison with last year's numbers, it is interesting to see only 360 keeping itself at where it was, and PlayStation 3 / Wii falling by a big percentage...)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Cosmonaut X said:
Yeah, I think that - unless we see a solid turnaround next month, perhaps driven by WSR - a price-cut or a fresh bundle has got to be on the cards fairly soon.
Not bundling with WSR was a missed opportunity, IMO.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
charlequin said:
Wii's looking a little less invincible these days, eh?

Very much so. No way in hell they ship 27 million Wii's this fiscal year. No way.

Top Bottom