• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Dirt 5 - Cross Generation Technical Analysis - X1S|PS4|PRO|X1X|SS|SX

TheDude108

To clarify for all, I have review code and for the PS4 it did not include the PS5 version as a free upgrade. Retail codes and discs are different to review codes and as I got it before the PS5 launched it never enabled an upgrade. The Xbox code did so I could cover the next Gen versions on that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
To clarify for all, I have review code and for the PS4 it did not include the PS5 version as a free upgrade. Retail codes and discs are different to review codes and as I got it before the PS5 launched it never enabled an upgrade. The Xbox code did so I could cover the next Gen versions on that.
umm just buy the damn game?

you cant just not review stuff you werent sent for free.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
The amount of work it must take to generate these videos and compare six damned platforms is incredible, and this guy does it part time.

MastaKiiLA

umm just buy the damn game?

you cant just not review stuff you werent sent for free.
Dude does this as a side-gig, and probably doesn't even want this game. His subs aren't at a point where you can assume he's banking hard on YT money, so asking him to shell out $60 for a throwaway game isn't something I'm willing to do. It's fairly redundant at this point anyway, because this game has been analyzed to death.

Last edited:

Miles708

Cool, i was waiting for a PS4 deep dive. I'll watch later!

Rest of the comment edited, sorry.

Last edited:

carlsbutt

Neo Member
Dude does this as a side-gig, and probably doesn't even want this game. His subs aren't at a point where you can assume he's banking hard on YT money, so asking him to shell out $60 for a throwaway game isn't something I'm willing to do. It's fairly redundant at this point anyway, because this game has been analyzed to death.
Then why do the review at all? Either wait until you have a PS5 review copy, or don't make a video. Without PS5 included, it's a complete waste of time.

MastaKiiLA

Then why do the review at all? Either wait until you have a PS5 review copy, or don't make a video. Without PS5 included, it's a complete waste of time.
Complaining about free content is a bit obnoxious. Why complain when it costs you nothing to view his content. You can just ignore the analysis, if you find it useless. Criticizing someone for not spending money to give you free content is unseemly. I think he just did the best he could, with what he had.

Last edited:

DJ12

Hasn't Codemasters acknowledged that the Dirt performance on XSX is going to be fixed in a patch?

I'm sure I read so in DFs own article.
Wasn't it the 'bugs' they promised to fix. I imagine if they make the detail levels as high as ps5 performance will tank.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

It's his channel, he can review what he wants.

Blame Sony for not having a similar system to Smart Delivery allowing universal game upgrades.
It's a technical analysis not a general game review lol... He gets no sympathy and neither should you for a ridiculous comment!

Entroyp

It think it’s a good idea to exclude the PS5 version from the video to show mercy to the XsX.

I’m joking of course.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Digital foundry should take notes.

not moving forwards = going backwards.

this channel is amazing

Vognerful

finished watching it. Nice comparison and shows you the great jump in power from old to new generation.

I agree with NXGamer that the Series S should stick to 60fps and that would make its experience much better to its buyers

Daymos

It looks like a fun racer. There's no way I would buy a codemasters game at launch though. It'll be like $90 for the game and season pass right now... and 2 years from now it will literally be $15 for everything with no waiting around for patches and DLC.

Yes they did but that doesn’t stop a Sony cheerleader from early gloating.
U mean similar to how few xbox guys were celebrating since a year ago before seeing a single thing run on these machines ? But atleast "sony cheerleaders" are seeing actual games running on these 2 consoles and not just some theoretical paper specs .

TheDude108

The damage is already done anyway. If people see the comparisons and see PS5 is better, that can influence purchase decisions. Doesn't matter if they fix the problem later, the influence has already occurred.

INC

Gold Member

Well at the time of testing, whats the performance like?

Or should tests just be done by guessing how a patch will fix things?

I'm sure he'll do another video after the patch, since he normally does

drotahorror

Hasn't Codemasters acknowledged that the Dirt performance on XSX is going to be fixed in a patch?

I'm sure I read so in DFs own article.

They also said wheel support would be coming at the end of November.

And here we are.....

Well atleast they let people know what's going on

Hey everyone – as we near the end of November I wanted to check in with news on how things are going with DIRT 5’s next update. Currently, we are looking to finalise this latest update over the next few days, then roll out across all platforms following submissions.

We’re pleased to able to bring wheel support into DIRT 5 with the next update, with the majority of modern and popular devices set to be supported by the game. We're working on getting this feature absolutely right before pushing it live. Before the update rolls out we will bring you more details on the wheel support feature, which will be even further developed in future updates, too.

That’s just the start of the changes coming to DIRT 5 in this latest update, that are driven by your feedback. You can expect changes to the handling of Sprint cars, technical tweaks to Online play to encourage more matchmaking, further visual improvements, and much more. Full patch notes will be shared prior to Update 2.00’s release. Please check you have updated drivers and are on the latest version of Windows. The majority of crash reports we receive on PC continue to be caused by this – but for the other reports, we’re squashing some bugs and optimising further.

Along with these additions and changes, all players can expect a special surprise with this latest update! It’s the beginning of our commitment to regular content updates to your DIRT 5 experience fresh, and a way of thanking our community for your support so far.

As always, if you have anything you want to tell us about your DIRT 5 experience, talk with us on Discord, and/or use our feedback form.

Thank you for your support – we’ll have full news on all the above very soon.

Last edited:
Gotta give credit where it's due. PSVita got away with 540p due to the 5" screen, but Series S having the cojones to do it on a 50"+ screen is something else.

SlimySnake

Aren't you an entitled little prick
fuck you too
buy a £70 game for a review... his fucking channel aint IGN you know
i don't understand this argument. He's no ign, but he's literally the second biggest tech YouTube channel for console comparisons after digital foundry. He has been doing this for almost a decade now and wasn't complaining about review copies not being sent to him. 50k subs, makes a video comparing games he was sent a review copy of and skips the main version because he didn't want to spend his own cash? This is extremely unprofessional.

I expect him to be impartial just like IGN or gamespot or digital foundry. He’s basically saying that if he doesn’t get a free code for a game he won’t cover it. I’m sure MS isn’t sending him a review code for halo when it comes out, would you expect him to shell out$70 for it then?

If you all think hes just a small mom and pop channel who shouldnt be taken seriously then lets stop posting threads every time he does a video comparison, shall we?

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
fuck you too

i don't understand this argument. He's no ign, but he's literally the second biggest tech YouTube channel for console comparisons after digital foundry. He has been doing this for almost a decade now and wasn't complaining about review copies not being sent to him. 50k subs, makes a video comparing games he was sent a review copy of and skips the main version because he didn't want to spend his own cash? This is extremely unprofessional.

I expect him to be impartial just like IGN or gamespot or digital foundry. He’s basically saying that if he doesn’t get a free code for a game he won’t cover it. I’m sure MS isn’t sending him a review code for halo when it comes out, would you expect him to shell out$70 for it then?

Halo is different, that’s a massive title so I would imagine he would be all over it, Dirt5 for me personally i couldn’t give a fuck.. and £70 is seventy fucking quid after all and from his few vids showing his abode he ain't exactly rolling around some fucking mansion like some American youtubers therefore i imagine he spends his money wisely especially seeing as this is a fucking interest to him and not his actual job wherein yeah you could come off with all that shite above and call him out on it but if some cunt is sitting in his living room doing this in his own spare time for fucking buttons the least you could do is fuck up and change the channel when it doesn’t suit your sensibilities… fucking entitled much?

SlimySnake

Halo is different, that’s a massive title so I would imagine he would be all over it, Dirt5 for me personally i couldn’t give a fuck.. and £70 is seventy fucking quid after all and from his few vids showing his abode he ain't exactly rolling around some fucking mansion like some American youtubers therefore i imagine he spends his money wisely especially seeing as this is a fucking interest to him and not his actual job wherein yeah you could come off with all that shite above and call him out on it but if some cunt is sitting in his living room doing this in his own spare time for fucking buttons the least you could do is fuck up and change the channel when it doesn’t suit your sensibilities… fucking entitled much?
First of all calm down. No need to get triggered so badly over this. Get some help. It's just video games.

I couldnt care less if you personally dont care for Dirt 5. I do. Am I supposed to tailor all my posts and opinions around what RJMcready73 thinks on the internet so as to not trigger him? And besides, he clearly does. He starts off the video calling back to the inception of codemasters. He's clearly a fan. He is doing Dirt 5 over other games because he wants to.

And I did quit the video when he said that he is not covering the PS5. Am I not supposed to criticize a youtube tech channel for not covering a game because he wasnt sent a review copy? As if the game hasnt been out for literally a month? What is this era? Is he a protected species who cannot be criticized?

Last edited:

carlsbutt

Neo Member
If he can't be bothered to buy a PS5 copy for review, than he shouldn't have made a comparison video. He COULD have just made a review of the game itself, but what is the point in making a video to compare the differences when you are going to leave out one of the next gen systems? Those are the systems people actually want to see compared. I don't care if you live in your mom's basement and eat tendies - buy a copy of the game with your own money if you want to do a comparison. Don't gripe about not getting a free review copy. If you are going to do a job, get all the tools you need.

Dodkrake

Banned
fuck you too

You really are an entitled little prick. Who or what gives you the right to say that someone is unprofessional because they don't want to shell out money on a hobby that is producing content being watched for free? Fuck off, you and others here have shown you're no more than little brats that think others should work for you for free.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
First of all calm down. No need to get triggered so badly over this. Get some help. It's just video games.

I couldnt care less if you personally dont care for Dirt 5. I do. Am I supposed to tailor all my posts and opinions around what RJMcready73 thinks on the internet so as to not trigger him? And besides, he clearly does. He starts off the video calling back to the inception of codemasters. He's clearly a fan. He is doing Dirt 5 over other games because he wants to.

And I did quit the video when he said that he is not covering the PS5. Am I not supposed to criticize a youtube tech channel for not covering a game because he wasnt sent a review copy? As if the game hasnt been out for literally a month? What is this era? Is he a protected species who cannot be criticized?

ack it did come off a bit triggered so i apologize m8, i just dont get the whole sleggin some youtuber cause he does things differently or doesnt do this or that in their vids, i just move on especially when said youtuber specifically says that this is a side gig and he makes very little from it so its more of a passion project therefore time and money would be limited and you gotta make calls where ya can

SlimySnake

You really are an entitled little prick. Who or what gives you the right to say that someone is unprofessional because they don't want to shell out money on a hobby that is producing content being watched for free? Fuck off, you and others here have shown you're no more than little brats that think others should work for you for free.
Oh cry me a river. Go back to era you snowflake.

He is making money off of youtube ads. he is getting free PS5s and free review copies of games. He can afford to spend a few dollars on a video game. i dont know why you are being such a cunt over this. All I said was that he should buy the game instead of just waiting on publishers to provide him free copies of 20 different versions of the game, and you got your panties in a twist over that? Get some help. There are far worse things on the internet then losing your shit over someone calling for a comparison video to have actual comparisons.

NXGamer

fuck you too

If you all think hes just a small mom and pop channel who shouldnt be taken seriously then lets stop posting threads every time he does a video comparison, shall we?
First thing is I never said ANY OF THAT AT ALL.

Second, I do not want any threads of mind degrading into an argument, the point I was making was TIME was and is short for me, I did not have access to PS5 code as the review code I had did not offer an upgrade when I checked it. As I noted in my video, some of this footage was captured a week or more earlier, as such to go back to do it would have delayed it further and it was already late.

I have seen the error of my ways as the demand for the PS5 version was higher than I thought, as such I hope you and any others will be happy to know I got a PS5 copy and have fired it up today to add a next gen test, so will be up soon.

Just to be clear for you and anyone reading this, your lies above or at best vast leap over me saying I have no PS5 code = I refuse to cover games I did not get for free. This is WRONG and I have been buying all the games I cover on the channel for 95% at least and continue to do so. The fact is I pick what I think will be of interest OR I am interested in, if I did not do that then some recent examples of games I would not have covered are:-

Cold War

Last Guardian

Days Gone

FFIV

Doom Eternal PC

WatchDogs

Blood & Truth

Stop with the accusing tone it helps no one and the Black or White approach to a subject.
pointless without comparing all consoles and pc.

What, so EVERY comparison from all sites from now on needs to have all versions or is 'Pointless' then?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

This is WRONG and I have been buying all the games I cover on the channel for 95% at least and continue to do so
I know you do which is why the pushback to my post saying that you should just buy the game was so bizarre.

Top Bottom