• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NY Times) Missouri: The Shoot-Me State (Gun Deregulation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

Trying? They're well on their way.

This is nonsense.

I live here. It's not without its problems, but as someone who has lived in or visited almost all 50 states, it's pretty normal.

If you're referring to the crime stats in St. Louis, they are skewed. We are one of the only cities separate from our county, so the crimes per resident read as much higher than they otherwise would.

Yes there are issues here. But no more so than anywhere. Ferguson could have happened anywhere, as proven by the events that have occurred in it's wake.

MechaX

While this isn't going to necessarily make the crime in the STL County/City area worse in the short term, I can't say that I'm really thrilled to be living in STL especially after this one. And the long term ramifications... woo boy.

... Of course, one big problem in the area is definitely going to be in the North County area (ie, we'll see how well this goes for black people and confrontations with a lot of these sketchy cities and cops [hint: not fucking well at all.])

Kimawolf

Yeah I've just emailed several congressmen and women in MO, including Rev Cleaver. Something needs to be done. The mostly white, rural areas should not be able to impose their backwards BS on the mostly minority cities.

Anyone who lives in MO knows the population of minorities are concentrated mostly in the two major cities and we get screwed by the rural people constantly.

Savitar

It's a wild wild west y'all.

Even the Wild West wasn't exactly the Wild West, much of how we view is due to films and books. Not everyone went around with a gun or shooting people, but most people certainly believe back then that's what happened.

Currently these are the states that allow concealed carry without a permit:

Alaska
Arizona
Idaho
Kansas
Maine
Missouri
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

These are also the list of states sans where I currently live that I'll be avoiding in the future.

Yeah I've just emailed several congressmen and women in MO, including Rev Cleaver. Something needs to be done. The mostly white, rural areas should not be able to impose their backwards BS on the mostly minority cities.

Anyone who lives in MO knows the population of minorities are concentrated mostly in the two major cities and we get screwed by the rural people constantly.

Fuck rural jerkoffs, all of them.

Walpurgis

Banned
Is Missouri trying to turn into Somalia?
In Somalia, if you kill someone and claim that you were "standing your ground" because you felt "threatened", instead of getting a million dollars and witness protection like George Zimmerman, you would simply be killed by the victim's family. So, in a way, Missouri is trying to be worse. 😜

It's even crazier when they are police. Complaining about how "gun laws do nothing" when they're supposed to enforce them. Then turning around after every mass shooting saying how they need all this body armor and weaponry to counter those isolated incidents, as if they're patrolling in Fallujah or something. And of course if you don't think they need an MRAP to patrol whatever suburb they're stuck in, then "you must hate cops for not wanting them to be safe".

It just boggles the mind how they can directly cause so many problems and act like they're the solution.
I've seen this personally on Facebook, not our brightest bulbs

Horns

I am all for standardization of federal laws to supersede these crazy states. Missouri is already one of biggest suppliers of crime guns by percentages. If it didn't hurt so many people out of state I would be more ok with them regulating themselves, but they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom