• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

TangMeng

We should probably try and get a headcount, that way we know what the bill is going to be like if we do venture to a restaurant on the 18th.

BTW, is anyone coming from Long Island? It'd be awesome to have a buddy to and from the bar.

I'm from Long Island! But I don't know if I'll make it. What town are you from?

Damn, if it was a week later, you guys could come see a band I play in (if you would be into that sort of thing). I often play in Manhattan, but mostly in the Village. I might have a gig on that night, but I don't drink so I might bring the meet-up down anyway.

About the suggestion of taking the Staten Island Ferry: yes it runs every 30 minutes, but only until 1 a.m., then it runs once an hour (on the hour on Staten Island, on the half-hour on Manhattan side). You end up planning how long you stay out based on that damned boat schedule. It's even worse on the weekends, where it does this after 7 p.m..

Mully

I'm from Long Island! But I don't know if I'll make it. What town are you from?

Massapequa.

I'll be taking the Babylon line. Although I might not be able to go because I could be working a wedding that night.

Have fun on my birthday, guys! = D

Edit: The 13th, not the 18th.

You do realize that if I come, you're going to be forced to sit through another one of my interviews with you.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Damn wish I was still on the right coast so I could go to this, I had a ton of fun at the summer meetup.

Anyway the NYC gaffers I hung out with are pretty cool guys who don't afraid of anything, you guys all better go out.

jasonng

Hey, you guys realize there is a GAF bar on 48th and 9th, which might be a lot easier to get to for a lot of you...

Sign me up for the 13th, you said the magic word. CHEAP.

I agree with aparis, the gaf on 48th and 9th is easier to all the transportation.

I'll third the 48th and 9th location.

this...

so much easier from Grand Central for me

You guys asked and I don't think many will oppose, OP has been updated with the new location and nearby food spots. WE ARE GOING TO GAF WEST NOW, NOT THE BAR ON 1ST AVE.

The Gaf West Bar at 8pm, Saturday February 18
401 W 48th St
(between 10th Ave & 9th Ave)
New York, NY 10036
http://www.yelp.com/biz/gaf-west-new-york

I'll try to make it. Monday might be tough because it would be a little late but definitely the 18th should be good.

We have a call sign? A secret handshake?

RawPower

Banned
This is kind of surreal. I just started posting here last month or so, and now I'm already going to be meeting some of you. Exciting and frightening at the same time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll try to make it. Monday might be tough because it would be a little late but definitely the 18th should be good.

We have a call sign? A secret handshake?

Just look for me, the tall bald guy. I'm considering wearing my Mr AngryFace shirt but I don't even know how many of you new GAFfers would recognize or remember.

dbztrk

You got something against us heteros?

No not at all! Some of my best friends are heteros. Lol.

I actually want to go to the Gaf meetup on the 18th but I had my trepidations because I didn't know if it was inclusive of all types. :\

It appears that it is open for all. So I may stop by.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
You guys asked and I don't think many will oppose, OP has been updated with the new location and nearby food spots. WE ARE GOING TO GAF WEST NOW, NOT THE BAR ON 1ST AVE.

The Gaf West Bar at 8pm, Saturday February 18
401 W 48th St
(between 10th Ave & 9th Ave)
New York, NY 10036
http://www.yelp.com/biz/gaf-west-new-york

yea this is probably easier for most people to get to.

should be a great time for people to meet each other. make some new friends, talk shit about street fighter, etc, etc

Jhoan

The Gaf West means I don't have to take the route I usually take to get to school (A-->7-->6 Uptown) on the UES. That means I'll be there in about 25-30 minutes via the A train from Washington Heights. Assuming the place can accommodate a huge amount of people, it's good. I wonder if we're gonna stand in the public cameras ala EvilLore's antics since we're near them. That would be funny.

If anyone has GAF shirts, now you have a reason to wear them; it'll make it extremely easier to identify people. I don't have any yet, but I'm thinking about checking out a couple of them soon; especially the God Hand shirt. Otherwise, name tags will do just as nicely.

bob page

The Gaf West means I don't have to take the route I usually take to get to school (A-->7-->6 Uptown) on the UES. That means I'll be there in about 25-30 minutes via the A train from Washington Heights. Assuming the place can accommodate a huge amount of people, it's good. I wonder if we're gonna stand in the public cameras ala EvilLore's antics since we're near them. That would be funny.

If anyone has GAF shirts, now you have a reason to wear them; it'll make it extremely easier to identify people. I don't have any yet, but I'm thinking about checking out a couple of them soon; especially the God Hand shirt. Otherwise, name tags will do just as nicely.
Well, we can always walk to Times Square from GAF West for the live streaming videos (10-15 min walk).

jasonng

I wouldn't stress having name tags. May be fun but we'll be conversing with one another just fine. Hopefully the weather will be nice to us but it'll still be too cold to just wear a gaf shirt.

Kisaya

Yup I'll go to the 13th but I don't think the 18th is going to work out for me ;x Oh well, Hp > all you guys ;) hehehe
kidding, much love

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'll try to see if I can make both dates. What time are people planning on meeting on the 13th? Might be having drinks with a client from work.

Mully

Grow up and fuck that stupid "oh gee it might be awkwaaard, uueee i don`t knooow" shit, just dive into it

Yep.

I don't know any of yall besides Kisaya and KC, but I'd be more than happy to get to a bar and hang out with some really cool people who are also looking to have a good time and we're all wearing our GAF shirts.

TangMeng

Massapequa.

I'll be taking the Babylon line. Although I might not be able to go because I could be working a wedding that night.

That's my train too! I'm in Baldwin. Let me know if you're going on the 18th. We can work something out.

Kccitystar

Another edit of the header, because I love my city:

b5mSE.jpg

Third & Long
523 3rd Ave
(between 34th St & 35th St)
New York, NY 10016
http://www.yelp.com/biz/third-and-long-new-york

It's a sports bar but there's a reason why I picked it. You guys ready?

Wait for it...

$1 Beers on Mondays

I have to call and double check if they're still doing it but that's mostly the spot we should hit. Say around 9pm?

Sounds doable...any chance of further downtown? Thinking village or LES perhaps?

jasonng

So far I found that if I go too far down or too far up, someone's going to be a new yorker and complain something about not having the right subway for this. Midtown seems the most fair for everyone.

Top Bottom