• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ocean's Eight set photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

moggio

Banned
I seriously never knew the Ocean's films had such a following.

They are well bad.

Just so awfully smug and self-satisfied.

Don Cheadle's accent is a laugh though.

This is going to turn into another Ghostbusters internet fiasco, isn't it?

Yes, which is why I do hope this is the first good one in the series.

Catvoca

Banned
Doubt it. Never heard of someone who is heavily invested into the "Ocean's" franchise.

I love the Ocean's franchise. And unlike Ghostbusters, it actually has two good movies before a reboot
😉
. I'm also not a child who hates women or feels like the older movies will be ruined by a new one though so whatever.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Doubt it. Never heard of someone who is heavily invested into the "Ocean's" franchise.

Yeah, nerds loved ghostbusters (goodness knows why, there's only one good film), and it was nerds who turned everything surrounding ghostbusters 4 the laydeez, so toxic. Nerds don't care for the Ocean series.

I hope this turns out well. The cast is great and Cate Blanchett in that green outfit looks very cool.

Fluvian

Banned
It doesn't matter, the remake is going to be used as a stomping ground for shoving the feminazi and SJW agenda down our throats.

It really isn't an uninspired idea as long as they use that unique perspective to differentiate from the originals, otherwise it's a missed opportunity.

Look i'm not saying it doesn't have potential to be good I'm saying it's completely uninspired, remake that thing that was popular just a few years ago, give it a slightly new spin so people think it's fresh, super cynical and uninspired.

Fluvian

Banned
Isn't the typical reaction supposed to be the opposite?

It can vary, some people only look at her work and think she's great, because at the end of the day she is a good actor.

And then most other people know who she is as a person and despise her, this is why people like Kevin Spacey don't talk about themselves a lot, if you don't know anything about an actor it's not hard for you to believe their characters.

I feel like Anna Kendricks should have been in the cast. She should have replaced Anne Hattaway.

Who's playing the villain?

Look i'm not saying it doesn't have potential to be good I'm saying it's completely uninspired, remake that thing that was popular just a few years ago, give it a slightly new spin so people think it's fresh, super cynical and uninspired.

My point is remaking something that was all male to something all female can actually be an inspired idea if it's done right. Just like remake something that was all white to something all black, all latino, all asian can be inspired as long as they embrace their differences rather than shy away from it and merely churn out something that could've been done by casting an all white cast.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
25-oceans-8-003.w245.h368.2x.jpg

Why if it isn't Peter Pan..

Kinyou

It doesn't matter, the remake is going to be used as a stomping ground for shoving the feminazi and SJW agenda down our throats.
At best the outcry will be as pathetic as when Star Wars came around. I don't see something on the scale of Ghostbusters happening at all.

At best the outcry will be as pathetic as when Star Wars came around. I don't see something on the scale of Ghostbusters happening at all.

I remember when MRAs figured out that Fury Road had a heavily feminist tack to it and started to cry about it, only to be shut the fuck down with zero remorse

Fluvian

Banned
My point is remaking something that was all male to something all female can actually be an inspired idea if it's done right. Just like remake something that was all white to something all black, all latino, all asian can be inspired as long as they embrace their differences rather than shy away from it and merely churn out something that could've been done by casting an all white cast.

Well i guess we'll have to play wait and see then, I just hope it isn't another ghostbusters where it's all women for the sake of having all women and every man in the movie is portrayed as a bumbling idiot.

Peru

Well i guess we'll have to play wait and see then, I just hope it isn't another ghostbusters where it's all women for the sake of having all women and every man in the movie is portrayed as a bumbling idiot.

The movie wasn't particularly good but why was it just 'for the sake of having all women'? There's no real rhyme or reason saying a Ghostbusters reboot needed a man buster.

Fluvian

Banned
are we still in 2012? I thought people were over the weird Anne Hathaway hate.

Nope, not even remotely, if you thought that you must have been living under a rock, after Les Mis you couldn't walk ten feet without someone telling you how bad they thought she was (truth be told she's only amazing in one scene in it and the rest is a fairly average performance)

The Hobo

I'm interested. I liked the first and third films. Not big into the second. I hope this film is as good as the first.

Should be interesting to see if the internet has another collective shitfit over this when the first trailer drops.

It won't. The Ocean's films are nowhere near as beloved as Ghostbusters,

All the Oceans movies so far have been bad.
Eh, the Ocean's Eleven remake was fun and slick I thought. Twelve crosses the line into total self-indulgent garbage, and Thirteen was watchable and forgettable. This new one could be interesting, I like the case

This is not a franchise I think people have tremendous reverence for (nor should they) so I wouldn't expect any Ghostbusters ridiculousness unless *gasp* the real issue is that certain people just can't accept seeing all women in movie.

I mean that really wasn't the issue with Ghostbusters. It had more to do with every character being the comic relief and the overall story just not being good.

Fluvian

Banned
The movie wasn't particularly good but why was it just 'for the sake of having all women'? There's no real rhyme or reason saying a Ghostbusters reboot needed a man buster.

I don't know what a man buster is....Okay why was it "just for the sake of being all female" okay, you find me the reason it was all female then, find me the reason the cast, directors, producers went with and I'll hear it out.

Fluvian

Banned
Part of me wishes Julia Robers was in this so they could go fuck it and try to one up the last one, have Julia Roberts pretend to be a heist artist who then has to pretend to be herself (Julia Roberts) in front of the crew she infiltrated, that's honestly the only thing that would get my bum in that screen at this point.

PSqueak

Banned
Is it just me, or foes this female cast do not equal the star power the male counterpart had?

There are tons of high profile actresses of the caliber of Pitt, Clooney, Cheadle and all the others, why didn't they get them?

I mean, Blanchett, Bullock, Hathaway and Rihanna are a good start, but the rest? not so much. And yes, saying Bonham Carter is a super star is really pushing it.

Is it just me, or foes this female cast do not equal the star power the male counterpart had?

Because beyond the main few they actually didn't have that much star power

Damon got a bit bigger after the fact cause of Bourne
Clooney and Pitt were the draws
Cheadle is...somewhat of a draw

Who else?

There are tons of high profile actresses of the caliber of Pitt, Clooney, Cheadle and all the others, why didn't they get them?

I mean, Blanchett, Bullock, Hathaway and Rihanna are a good start, but the rest? not so much. And yes, saying Bonham Carter is a super star is really pushing it.
Money.

Fluvian

Banned

Incredible understatement. Ask a casual film watcher who she is "no idea" they'll tell you, tell them one of her roles and they'll go "oh her, the one who shows up and plays the same weirdo in everything".

Eh, the Ocean's Eleven remake was fun and slick I thought. Twelve crosses the line into total self-indulgent garbage, and Thirteen was watchable and forgettable. This new one could be interesting, I like the case

This is not a franchise I think people have tremendous reverence for (nor should they) so I wouldn't expect any Ghostbusters ridiculousness unless *gasp* the real issue is that certain people just can't accept seeing all women in movie.

Rationally, what you're saying makes sense, but I think you underestimate the internet. LOL We're in the midst of a Culture War and this remake will be part of that battleground.

Fluvian

Banned
Because beyond the main few they actually didn't have that much star power

Damon got a bit bigger after the fact cause of Bourne
Clooney and Pitt were the draws
Cheadle is...somewhat of a draw

Who else?

I think you're understating how big of a draw those 3 leading men were back then. Nobody in the womens cast even comes close to the star power those guys possessed at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom