• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ocean's Eight set photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidote

No thanks. After Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen I'm done. The only thing I enjoyed from those two movies is the laser dance with Thè á la mente as bgm.

jett

D-Member
What a terrible picture of Qween Cate.

I'll keep an open mind about this. I assume it's not really a remake at all and is just grabbing the name and the concept.

tuxfool

Banned
It can vary, some people only look at her work and think she's great, because at the end of the day she is a good actor.

And then most other people know who she is as a person and despise her, this is why people like Kevin Spacey don't talk about themselves a lot, if you don't know anything about an actor it's not hard for you to believe their characters.

I don't really know anything about her personal life. I was just under the impression that people love to hate her.

Not quite sure I want to know what this is about.
I am, but just not curious enough to delve.

Gnilres

I had 0 interest in Ghostbusters because of the cast but looks pretty good here.

Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, and Sarah Paulson will be amazing.

I hate how Awkwafina talks and sounds but I think she can and will work for this kind of movie. She was the worst part of Neighbors 2 for me and I hated that movie.

Rihanna and Mindy Kaling have no talent. I was hoping Awkwafina would be the primary comedy relief but I'm afraid they'll put on on Kaling who is one of the least funny people I can think of.

louiedog

Oh yeah, it has to have a reason to be called Ocean's, Clooney could have a cameo or end up being a major part of plot, like one of the characters is trained by him and is going to steal some money to get him out of a bad position or something.

Maybe one of them is married to Frank Ocean.

Hmmmm? He got bigger after the fact, and he was starting the Bernie Mac show around the same time, but Kaling's got a pretty good resume too TV wise.

Bernie Mac had traveled America with the Kings of Comedy tour that ended up being the highest grossing comedy tour of all time at that time, was hugely publicized, which culminated in a Spike Lee directed film of the Comedy show a year before Ocean's 11 and grossed close to 40 million dollars. That film and their power at the box office is what Hollywood studios wanted to be apart of and why they were given their own shows. And that's not even going into the years prior that laid the groundwork for their success which included performing on hugely popular comedic platforms such as Def Comedy Jam and BET's Comic View as well as films like Friday, The Players Club, and Life.

You have no idea what you're talking about if you think Mindy Kaling was anywhere close to Bernie Mac just because she has her own show.

jett

D-Member
Hollywood blockbusters don't need to be "inspired", they need to be executed well; which brings me back to my point about the main concern being the director.

Well then, you bringing him up defeats your own concern. His two films I've seen, the Hunger games, and free state of jones were both completely uninspired movies that were well executed (to a lesser degree the free state of jones but it was still put together decently)

Hunger Games and Jones are seriously middle of the road stuff, but Pleasantville and particularly Seabiscuit are just great movies. At least I personally really like them.

Azazzel

These films have all been abysmal.

Will this be any different?

As a non native english speaker i must ask: is it abysmal in the sense that these movies are awful or more like inconsistent? Because if it's the first, you are crazy. If it's the second not so much.

Anyway, please dump Rihanna. Fuck off singers and models who lobby their way into the industry.

Is this coming out around the same time as Steve McQueen's 'Widows'? Cos then we'll have two movies about a group of women performing heists coming out super close to eachother, which is cool.

Azazzel

That should be irrelevant, the only thing that should be matter is if they're good or not; or if their inclusion provides a bigger box office.

I guess if it comes to star power, you are right. But when it is about talent, most examples don't exactly back you up. Madonna, Delevingne, Gadot, Timberlake...eww.

I guess if it comes to star power, you are right. But when it comes to talent, most examples don't exactly back you up. Madonna, Delevingne, Gadot, Timberlake...eww.

I think you must be completely unaware of all the music artists turned actors currently working and in history's past.

Xenoboy

Why did they have to bring in someone crappy like Rihanna? I'm still completely baffled by this. I'm probably gonna see the movie, but Rihanna, come on.

Hope there's good synergy in this although Bullock and Blanchett at the forefront of this is a good sign.

*edit* AND Anne Hathaway is in this?!

Im in.

Metal-Geo

So is this a remake? Or a move that plays in the same 'universe'? Haven't exactly been following the development of this flick, so I'm a little confused about everything.

The Ocean's movies have always been about the upbeat tone and character chemistry, as well as the vibrant music and the occasional sleek graphic design.

I really loved Ocean's 11. 12 way less so. But 13 was pretty entertaining as well. If they can recreate the same magic Ocean's 11 had however, I'm all game for this.

Why did they have to bring in someone crappy like Rihanna? I'm still completely baffled by this. I'm probably gonna see the movie, but Rihanna, come on.

Because she's a superstar, and a very attractive young woman that would potentially add more appeal to a wider demographic would be my guess.

These films have all been abysmal.

Will this be any different?

11 was dope.

12 was garbage, 13 just marginally better. Still the cast made them all very watchable imo. This will hopefully be the same, cate and bullock alone are good enough to do it.

I wonder who ends up being the bickering siblings. Casey Affleck and Scott Caan had the best scenes in the series honestly.

Ocean's 12 was one of the most infuriating films I've ever seen. It was Soderbergh's homage to the French New Wave but it somehow managed to be even more vacuous and obnoxious. 11 and 13 were fun though.

Americans hate for Hathaway is something i'll never understand. What a weird meme.

C'mon now. America is a very large place. If America hated her as much as you think we do, she wouldn't have a career here. That Hathaway hate is from a very small and specific group of people.

People hating on Rihanna, watch her bring da Bajan goddess fire cha.
giphy.gif

Ambient80

Part of me wishes Julia Robers was in this so they could go fuck it and try to one up the last one, have Julia Roberts pretend to be a heist artist who then has to pretend to be herself (Julia Roberts) in front of the crew she infiltrated, that's honestly the only thing that would get my bum in that screen at this point.

God, that scene in 12 was great. The "training", and the heist... all of it was so well done. Definitely the high point of that movie, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom