• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official February 2008 NPD Results - "Last Gen" > "Next Gen" - Industry Gone Wild.

Firewire

Banned
Dante said:
Goooooooooooo Sony!

160v34k.gif

Perfect! :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
PS2 will never die. It's not even $99 yet! :lol

Nice to see DMC4 so close in numbers though. Especially with the difference in userbases. I thought it would sell a bit higher overall though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
fortified_concept said:
HOLY SHIT! X360 has three times PS3's userbase and still DMC sold almost the same.

Perhaps you may have bypassed the other 4 360 games in the top ten?

360 Software dominates again.

Wii is never going to end.

DMC4 is interesting. However, lets not forget that it is a traditional Sony title.

Owzers

I'm glad Lost Odyssey sold well, after Blue Dragon's low sales i thought it could go either way. LO did have a better commercial to help sell the game, maybe that will get Microsoft to advertise more of their first party titles than just the biggest ones.

Innotech

Banned
jeezus @ Wii/DS (again)

Its increasingly obvious that Nintendo did what it had to to stay alive and relevant, and its really paying off.

Firestorm

Kagari said:
Smash Bros anticipation. Expect March to be similar if not higher.

Wii seems to have got some massive shipments in the week leading up to Brawl. I think Canadian stores receveived 2 shipments, maybe 3, over the course of a week.

Reilly

OldJadedGamer said:
Good for Capcom showing that it makes great business sense to take traditional Japanese games multiplatform.
Game would have probably sold around the same even if it had been exclusive.

knitoe

Agent Icebeezy said:
THey will if you advertise them

Plus, it's not some cartoon (anime) looking kiddie game. As soon as developers realize this, more jrpgs won't need to bomb in the west.

stawnkald

Fucking hell at PS2, the legend shall never die indeed.

And I'm glad to see Lost Odyssey do well, I still need to get my own now that I have my 360 back. Anytime a JRPG succeeds, RPG gamers win!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Holy shit at the DMC 4 closeness a lot of douches said 360 version was going to be doing a big spanking.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kagari said:
Smash Bros anticipation. Expect March to be similar if not higher.

I doubt it had anything to do with Smash Bros. anticipation honestly.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
That is a good number for Lost Odyssey. It deserves it. :D

nib95

Banned
Nintendo dominating as usual. PS2, wow, what a beast! It's un-stoppable. PS3's up on last month? Great stuff. And wow at how close the DMC4 numbers are. Good to see LO doing over 200k as well.

Narcosis

Seeing the numbers for DS, PS2 and Wii, it's like HD consoles are fighting for the best seat on the little bus while everyone else rides a limo :lol

And DMC4 does pretty even on both consoles considering the userbase number differences. Perhaps it's a sign to game devs that their games can sell on both consoles in good numbers if they treat both versions with respect

Lost Odyssey beats Turok on the 360! Yay!

Top Bottom