• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jan 2008 NPD Thread - HW Shortages + Spectacular SW

le.phat

dralla said:
where is that "fuuuuuck" gif that was used in the Resistance 2 thread when you need it

ahem......

8a18ebt.gif

Raw64life

CubeRevolution said:
Ltd:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 626,000
Carnival Games: 655,000
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles: 300,000
Guitar Hero III (Wii): 1,5 M.
Wii Play: 4.4 million

Source for these?

Edit: nevermind it's IGN.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
My response from the other thread:

All the big dogs (and I mean, ALL the big dogs) look like they all got hit with supply constraints while the PlayStation Family was the only one without supply problems, and everyone still was within breathing distance of each other...

This actually makes the sales kinda boring this month...

Software says it all really though about the hardware constraints...

d[-_-]b

Banned
So I guess this is how people feel after a year of being third place... just imagine the outcry if it was any longer...

KZObsessed

Spotless Mind said:
OMG i am literally in shivers. This is so AMAZING! I have been saying from the beginning that 2008 would be Sony's comeback year. I am so bloody giddy right now, omg Sony WINS. :D :D :D

lmao :lol :lol Dude, duuuuude, keep it cool!

Composure is a gentleman's game.

mozfan12

Banned
wow the famboyism is really coming out

let me get some booze and enjoy seeing this thread go out into an all out flame war

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "got any No More Hero numbers"

Realistically, of the three, PS3 had the strongest January selling point: Blu-Ray all-but defeating HD-DVD. It's why I converted - I didn't play much on 360 to begin with, I wanted the HD-DVD capability and a next-gen system. Blu-Ray emerges, I sell my Elite and get a PS3. Still have HD movies, and will get most of the same games. I'm sure Blu-Ray's momentum boost played some part in this.

Next month will probably be more of the same.

But come March NPD:
Brawl, Wii Destroy North America.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Liquid said:
:lol at anyone who thinks the ps3 sold more this month for any other reason that it being readily in stock. 360 and wii could not be found. blu ray had no impact. look at the software sales? 360 still dominates. sony was basically given this month. charity case total.

You whole post lacks just about any content and is spin.

1. Ignoring all other systems, the PS3 sold poorly?

2. Blu-ray had no impact, proof?

3. If you normalize the software sales by the install base (nearly 3:1) how does it look?

Liquid said:
:lol at anyone who thinks the ps3 sold more this month for any other reason that it being readily in stock. 360 and wii could not be found. blu ray had no impact. look at the software sales? 360 still dominates. sony was basically given this month. charity case total.

So what you're saying is that Sony's strategy of keeping plenty of hardware on the shelves has sort of, you know, paid off?

Arthas

Banned
Skilotonn said:

All the big dogs (and I mean, ALL the big dogs) look like they all got hit with supply constraints while the PlayStation Family was the only one without supply problems, and everyone still was within breathing distance of each other...

Seconded. This is the logic of it. But let the sony fans celebrate, they deserve a few scraps every now and then.

mozfan12

Banned
Skilotonn said:

thats the thing, If sony would have sold 350,000, I would have been oh shit but its not that big of a difference compared to the fact that you cant find the wii or the premium 360 on shelves

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
My God...can you imagine if PS3 had sold 6 thousand more copies and beat the Wii :lol :lol

This thread would have really been unreadable.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Souldriver said:
Yep. This is going to get nasty.

PS3 fans will shout "BITTER TEARS"
The rest will shout "SHORTAGES"

3, 2, 1, FIGHT!
We also have "Shepherd" over in the corner yelling SOFTWARE

gkryhewy

Nice month for PS3, shite month for the industry as a whole. I hope the markets don't read these as reflecting a recession, or my portfolio is fubar.

I expect there were some substitute PS3 sales that would otherwise have been 360 sales.

pgtl_10 said:
MP3: Corruption LTD 626,000

Edit: NMH sales slightly above 100,000

WHA WHA WHAT!!!

NMH above 100k?! That's massive for a Suda 51 game! :D

PS2 KILLER 7 $311,395 6,247
GCN KILLER 7 $811,958 16,350

I think these are the correct starting NPD numbers for Killer 7, if those NMH numbers are correct then the increase is massive! :D :D :D

BU BU BU Wii owners don't buy core games! :lol

Top Bottom