• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH GOD WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO??

Good god the pain. I've been playing the uber-sweet Maximo VS the Army of Zin, and I love every minute of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can get any more minutes.

I'm only at the second boss fight, Cyclocks, and everytime I beat him the game CRASHES. Whenever the final blow is hit the game goes crazy and dies. AND IT MAKES ME SAD BECAUSE THE GAME IS SO GOOD. :(

I don't know what's going on. I bought the game used, but the disc looks like it's hardly been used. My PS2 is also used, but I haven't had any problems with other, more damaged discs.

Has anyone else had this same problem or similar ones in Maximo VS the Army of Zin? If so, what did you do to fix the problem? If not, does anyone have some suggestions to try?

I WILL NOT GIVE UP. I WILL NOT ABANDON SUCH A GREAT GAME. HELP ME, I BEG YOU GAF. ;_;

Teddman

Does it make a noise like the disc is slipping inside the drive? If so, put a piece of scotch tape on either side of the disc hole (label side).

I haven't been able to hear any noises in the disc drive because of the neverending rumble on the controller (it gets frozen too, I guess).

I'll try the scotch tape in a minute and see if that works

Ironclad

How ironic that the game locks up on Cyclocks. Maximo vs. Army of Zin is a great game. It's a shame that your copy is in such a condition. I never had any problems with the game. Try cleaning up the disc and the inside of your PS2 with a can of compressed air. Always seems to do the trick for me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What I don't understand is why it would freeze there...

I don't really remember what the game does after you finish the boss, but it doesn't seem like it would be accessing the disc at all. Even if it were accessing, I can't imagine that it would be loading enough data that a simply defect in the disc would cause it to crash. Sounds like a bug to me...

It's a shame, though, as the game DOES rock.

Oh dear now I'm scared. Teddman's idea didn't work, and I've looked over the entire disc with a magnifying glass. No scratches, no smudges, nothing. I don't think the game was ever touched before I bought it.

Well, Blockbuster has a 30-day guarantee, I suppose I'll just take it back. That's going to hurt :(

Ironclad

The game should be twenty dollars at Fry's if you have any near you. My Fry's had a whole bunch of them just left over on the shelves.

I don't have a Fry's anywhere near me. They're mostly west coast, correct?

I know the game is $15-$20 new at most places, but I got my copy for free (buy 2 used, get 1 used free deal at blockbuster). :(

Actually, that reminds me. Since I didn't actually pay for the game, what use would it be taking it back to Blockbuster? I don't think I'd get my money back or even credit. And I do not want to take it go Gamestop and trade it in for another unlucky player to be denied the remaining 3/4 of the game.

Oh bother.

Top Bottom