• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh My, How Does Propulsion Work In Starfield?

raduque

That's been known about for a while.

Not only that but the screenwriter for Event Horizon is legitimately a Warhammer 40,000 fan and pretty much use it as the inspiration for the movie.
I just made the connection a few years back without finding anything about it on the internet. But I know I've read that WH40k was not an inspiration for EH.

I just made the connection a few years back without finding anything about it on the internet. But I know I've read that WH40k was not an inspiration for EH.

Screenwriter Philip Eisner acknowledged that Warhammer 40,000 influenced the story.[10] In the setting of Warhammer 40,000, spaceships travel the galaxy by passing through "the Warp"—a parallel dimension where faster-than-light travel is possible, conceptually similar to "hyperspace" in Star Wars, but which is also inhabited by evil spirits that can infiltrate the ship and possess the crew if said ship is not properly shielded. Fans consider Event Horizon to be an unofficial prequel to Warhammer 40,000, when humankind discovers the Warp and learns of its dangers the hard way.[11]

I mean, it is Wikipedia so take it as you will but they do supply sources for it.

According to this, his official Twitter confirms it.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
The ships are hats attached to the heads of NPC models traveling on invisible train tracks.

e43a4affbf1a33facd574e4acdc74b47-1200-80.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom