• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ohio mother kills her 3 sons because father "ignored" their daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no words, and what's worse, child services returned the other siblings to their parents during an investigation after the first one was killed. Are you shitting me...
BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio – A woman calmly called 911 to report her baby son wasn't breathing on Tuesday and then hours later confessed to killing him and her two other young sons over the past several months because her husband ignored their daughter, authorities said. Brittany Pilkington was charged with three counts of murder and was jailed, said police in Bellefontaine, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.

Pilkington is accused in Tuesday's death of 3-month-old Noah and in the deaths of 4-year-old Gavin, who died in April, and 3-month-old Niall, who died in July 2014. No working telephone number for the family's home could be found, and no attorney information was available for the mother.

Police said officers went to the family's apartment on Tuesday morning after an emergency call from the mother saying Noah wasn't breathing. They said she calmly answered a dispatcher's questions while the baby's sleep apnea alarm beeped in the background. The baby was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Logan County prosecutor William Goslee told The Columbus Dispatch he interviewed Brittany Pilkington and she confessed to killing each of her sons by placing a blanket over his head and suffocating him.

"In her mind," Goslee said, "she was protecting her daughter from being not as loved as the boys were by their father."
Brittany Pilkington's uncle Joe Skaggs said Hailey and Noah had been with Logan County Children's Services after Gavin's death and were returned to their parents this month.

"Why would you give them back after a little boy just died and when you're in the middle of an investigation?" Skaggs, standing in front of his niece's apartment, told the Dispatch.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/1...killing-her-three-young-sons-prosecutor-says/

Tapiozona

Banned
I know she's mentally ill but fuck...3 innocent children. Death penalty or bust as theres no reason for this woman to exist anymore

Luminaire

This is...beyond depressing. It seems like you can't go anywhere these days (websites, news channels, stores) without seeing some horrible story about how someone murdered or hurt people.

It is a bit shocking to click the Off-Topic Forum and see what people are talking about, only to see another thread about murder. =/

FZZ

Banned
Idk this case is pretty unique she killed them over a year and not all at once. I know threads that are just depressing aren't supposed to be posted but this is different.

How was she not considered a suspect after the first death?

Monocle

I'm going to go out on a limb and say her actions were disgusting and wrong. I don't want to shock anyone, but it's possible she wasn't of sound mind when she murdered three of her children for a crazy reason. That's just my opinion though.

Kudos on this educational thread btw.

tkscz

Idk this case is pretty unique she killed them over a year and not all at once. I know threads that are just depressing aren't supposed to be posted but this is different.

How was she not considered a suspect after the first death?

According to the article, the coroner didn't find the deaths suspicious, for which I call bullshit, but depending on the deaths themselves.

Nephtis

Thread may survive lockup if we shift the conversation into why Child Services would not do their due diligence and give the kids back to her...

Kabouter

The only thing threads like these are good for is going on about how horrible everything is. Yes, it is, it is horrible. We don't need an OT full of these OP.

Modbot incoming...
Feel free to imagine that a mod who uses modbot posted the more eloquent standard quote here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom