• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ok.. i wasnt impressed with MS show. >_<

llTll

Banned
first, excuse my english. its not my first language

now to explaining the subject..

some of the stuff they showed wasnt really impressive. others were spoiled before the show. thus the show for me wasnt all that.

let me explain how i see it

we saw RE5 annouced for xbox 360 1 week before the show. and we saw the video back on PS3 meeting. so it was ruined for MS.

WE and RR6 being annouced are really good thing [ so is RE5 too ] but the lack of show for WE and RR6 really did hurt the annoucment. plus there is big chance that NONE of those 2 games are exclsuive. which is kinda down since we will see them on ps3 too.

99 knight [ thats the name of the game? ] was so cool before it we saw on it video. it was cool to look at from the pictures. but game wise i duno, it either kinda lost some of the details we have seen from pics. Also the game was reaaaaaly slow based and the animation where so bad [ they were robots ]

i wont say anything about Frame City. i dont see it a very impressive game from graphics point of view. as for game play then thats something i dont judge since i didnt see anything

PGR3.. the trailer it self was bad. the game it self is AAA and very nice [ just bad trailer i guess. ]

i am not going to say oh ps3 rocks xbox 360 is doomed or this kinda of shit. this topic is only for xbox 360. Sony and PS3 has NOTHING to do with it. and i really hope no one bring the PS3 topic into this.

over all. i give it a C+

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
if the MS show had new RE5 stuff, i would have been more excited

but it didnt, and no gameplay footage of ridge racer 6 makes this summit kinda bleh

oh shit, does this make me a troll? :lol

(only #ga know what im talking about)

bitwise

Banned
eh, i knew it after you hyped the shit out of it. i knew you were gonna come with a "wasnt impressed" thread. i dont know how i knew, but I did. just had this feeling.

Chiggs

Gold Member
llTll said:
I am not going to say oh ps3 rocks xbox 360 is doomed or this kinda of shit.

Oh, you don't have to say it. We know you think it. :D

I was impressed with all the titles that were announced, but some more media definitely would have been nice.

Bring on X05 and TGS!

llTll

Banned
bitwise said:
eh, i knew it after you hyped the shit out of it. i knew you were gonna come with a "wasnt impressed" thread. i dont know how i knew, but I did. just had this feeling.

i was hyped. i wouldnt lie. but it also has to do with MS not being able to keep surpises. for example if RE5 was showed first at the xbox meeting and some stupid famitsu magazine. and we didnt know about RR6 from blimblim and the others like 1 month before the meeting, we would have really surprised and hyped about the console being so cool

bitwise

Banned
llTll said:
i was hyped. i wouldnt lie. but it also has to do with MS not being able to keep surpises. for example if RE5 was showed first at the xbox meeting and some stupid famitsu magazine. and we didnt know about RR6 from blimblim and the others like 1 month before the meeting, we would have really surprised and hyped about the console being so cool

i just think its funny though, after your thread yesterday, I said to myself 'watch. this guys gonna make a thread tomorrow trashing the show."

and you did! its funny. are you sure you didnt plan it this way

dorio

Banned
llTll said:
first, excuse my english. its not my first language

now to explaining the subject..

some of the stuff they showed wasnt really impressive. others were spoiled before the show. thus the show for me wasnt all that.

let me explain how i see it

we saw RE5 annouced for xbox 360 1 week before the show. and we saq the video back on PS3 meeting. so it was ruined for MS.

WE and RR6 being annouced are really good thing [ so is RE5 too ] but the lack of show for WE and RR6 really did hurt the annoucment. plus there is big chance that NONE of those 2 games are exclsuive. which is kinda down since we will see them on ps3 too.

99 knight [ thats the name of the game? ] was so cool before it we saw on it video. it was cool to look at from the pictures. but game wise i duno, it either kinda lost some of the details we have seen from pics. Also the game was reaaaaaly slow based and the animation where so bad [ they were robots ]

i wont say anything about Frame City. i dont see it a very impressive game from techical graphics. as for game play then thats something i dont judge since i didnt see anything

PGR3.. the trailer it self was bad. the game it self is AAA and very nice [ just bad trailer i guess. ]

i am not going to say oh ps3 rocks xbox 360 is doomed or this kinda of shit. this topic is only for xbox 360. Sony and PS3 has NOTHING to do with it. and i really hope no one bring the PS3 topic into this.

over all. i give it a C+
You yourself mentioned the ps3 many times.

I give it a C also. Real-time demos of RR6, RE5 and VF5 would have been awesome but at least I got to see PGR3. Wait for ...

llTll

Banned
flarkminator said:
just out of curiosity what the hell were you expecting the PGR3 trailor to be

good question really.

i was expecting the Camera to last more than 3 seconds on the car and the track insted of shifting between cars every 2 second. i couldnt even see the details of anything aside from the back of the mirror of the red Ferrari.

that wasnt cool trailer at all.

BojTrek

Banned
I too was also hyped for today... but was left disappointed...

I just really want to see these games in action and actual gameplay shots...

Screw all these replay looking shots...

Show me NBA Live 06 with a court view of what I'll see during the game, screw the timeouts with sweat pouring down...

Show me two people fighting in a fight game real-time with two controllers hooked up to the system...

WE WON'T SEE THAT UNTIL A MONTH OR TWO BEFORE LAUNCH! Oh well...

llTll

Banned
bitwise said:
i just think its funny though, after your thread yesterday, I said to myself 'watch. this guys gonna make a thread tomorrow trashing the show."

and you did! its funny. are you sure you didnt plan it this way

read my posts in RR6 before you start having bad thoughts. i hate your devil mind :D

and no i didnt plan it this way. i was really excited.

actually WE for xbox 360 is something i wasnt expecting. i thought it will go back to sony exclusive[ i dont know why but thats how it sounded logical to me ]

also i read about konami doesnt want to make winning eleven for next gen till 2007 [ when the ps3 would have been out for couple of months so i thought that they were aiming for ps3 only ]

llTll

Banned
dorio said:
You yourself mentioned the ps3 many times.

I give it a C also. Real-time demos of RR6, RE5 and VF5 would have been awesome but at least I got to see PGR3. Wait for ...

i did mentioned the ps3 because i was asking people kindly not to add the ps3 war into this. its mainly for xbox 360 and i am not planing for xbox 360 vs ps3 vs Rev.

i am sure we are all tired of this

Ark-AMN

Banned
I wasn't too impressed with the showing either, of course thats because there just wasn't any games that I was interested in displayed or announced.

That said, I'm still anticipating the 360 a whole lot more than the "non-existant" Revolution

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wario64 said:
if the MS show had new RE5 stuff, i would have been more excited

but it didnt, and no gameplay footage of ridge racer 6 makes this summit kinda bleh

Wait a sec.. thats what I was gonna say

Redbeard

Banned
I was kind of surprised at how thin MGS Japan's showing was. I had expected to see Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey and I had hoped to see something from the Phantom Dust or Magatama teams. And Game Republic had that stupid party game instead of the one that's supposedly really impressive. I thought maybe they'd be announcing more deals/first-party games too.

Ark-AMN

Banned
[low-blow remark]

I thought Nintendo had the monopoly on delivering underwhelming conferences?

[/low-blow remark] :D

llTll

Banned
Funky Papa said:
llTll is not impressed. Now, here we have a shocking revelation :lol

talk about high standards :lol

actually look.
RE5, RR6, WE on xbox 360 are awsome news.

but we knew them before [ that what happen when you get leaks]. and we didnt get much media from these hot games.

and no other AAA game was annouced with cool media. even DOA4 was the same trailer. that was like all my point lol

Borys

Banned
llTll said:
:lol

should i clean my office Borys and leave ? >_<

i thought we are cool.. >_<

I'm not cool with stupid people, K?
If you hate something hate with your mind not penis.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well I was more impressed with the PS3 conference. I felt like I learned more about their respective console than with MS's.

llTll

Banned
Borys said:
I'm not cool with stupid people, K?
If you hate something hate with your mind not penis.

hmmm.. someone didnt get milk from his mom when he was baby.

cool down kiddo. your xbox 360 still rocks your house and your bed if you want to

peace.

PS:. watch your language. i will give you a hint. you dont sound cool when you insult people. it shows how stupid and close minded you are.

you are wellcome :p

/ignore

Any1

Yeah the show really did nothing for me either. But i am still kind of freaked about how many launch games the 360 will have that i really want. If the titles come out that i think are supposed to then this will be the best launch i've ever heard of.

Usually there are maybe 1 must have, 2 somewhat interesting, and 1 maybe type of game. But for the 360 launch there are litterally 7 must haves for me , so my wallet is basically screwed this christmas.

FiRez

llTll said:
who or what is Reirom?

-The english isn't your first language CHECK
-Spamming behavior CHECK

Now I see the connection

Back on topic: I can't be on denial, the 1st xbox is my favorite console but the more I know and see about the X360, The more I feel that it's too early, the only title that can justifice the existance of the X360 for me is PGR3 so far

I give the show a B.

I'm glad you answered my question, because now I know that your reasons for hating it aren't that good. You were obviously expecting way too much. I was happily suprised by what they showed, I mean all we've been getting of PGR3 up to this point was a bunch of screenies, no way to be sure if they were real-time or not. If you were expecting real-time in-game, then again thats too much to expect because no racing game starts with that. They always start with the re-play camera (which is what we got). Go look at GT's replay camera, its jumps around from car to car just as much as this one did. Thats what re-play camera's do.

I was really happy to see 99 knights in action finally, it reminds me so much of KoF (and thats a good thing). I really need to see how they have improved the Stategy portions of the game however, for that was IMO the bad parts of KoF. If they leave the strategy portion as clunky as it was in KoF I won't buy the game until it goes down in price because that was such a shitty implementation.

I haven't seen too many other shots or videos of the rest of the show, but from what I have gathered I give it a B. Shown some stuff in motion, confirmed some stuff, but nothing amazing.

Elios83

Personally I was particularly disappointed by the total silence on Sakaguchi's games.
As already noted RE5 could have been big but was already spoiled by the Playstation Meeting.
Okamoto's first project isn't exactly what I was expecting but seems more a very niche japanese oriented game.
Also announcing RR6 and WE with no trailers was an other dissapointment.
Plus Microsoft has failed,up to now, to gain a major exclusive from important japanese developers.Having RE5,RR& etc it's really good for them but if the same games will run on PS3 it won't help changing their situation.
So I give C to the summit and B to their strategy and support for the japanese market.
Situation will be updated at the TGS I guess.

mediabiz

Yeah, common do you believe that Rumble Roses XX will outsell Halo 2? Konami gave funny shit for MS money. Xbox 360 meeting wasn't impressed at all. Nothing interesting for me.

xexex

Banned
I give it a B-

im just glad RR6 was announced. don't have to fear a non-announcement.

while the show did not blow me away, the amount and quality of support that Xbox 360 is getting from Japan is very healthy. i don't think any american console has ever had this much penatration into the japanese development community. good to see.

bring on the games.

llTll

Banned
flarkminator said:
I give the show a B.

I'm glad you answered my question, because now I know that your reasons for hating it aren't that good. You were obviously expecting way too much. I was happily suprised by what they showed, I mean all we've been getting of PGR3 up to this point was a bunch of screenies, no way to be sure if they were real-time or not. If you were expecting real-time in-game, then again thats too much to expect because no racing game starts with that. They always start with the re-play camera (which is what we got). Go look at GT's replay camera, its jumps around from car to car just as much as this one did. Thats what re-play camera's do.

I was really happy to see 99 knights in action finally, it reminds me so much of KoF (and thats a good thing). I really need to see how they have improved the Stategy portions of the game however, for that was IMO the bad parts of KoF. If they leave the strategy portion as clunky as it was in KoF I won't buy the game until it goes down in price because that was such a shitty implementation.

I haven't seen too many other shots or videos of the rest of the show, but from what I have gathered I give it a B. Shown some stuff in motion, confirmed some stuff, but nothing amazing.

well.. i dont hate PGR3 .. i love it.

PGR2 is my fav car game of all time.

so my love for PGR 3 is no less.

its only how they made the trailer wasnt tha impressive. but that game is one of my most wanted games.

:)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It is not about quality, I wasn't impressed either, it is more about who is unimpressed. This thread is as amusing as seeing SSX claiming disappointment on id latest FPS :D

llTll

Banned
Funky Papa said:
It is not about quality, I wasn't impressed either, it is more about who is unimpressed. This thread is as amusing as seeing SSX claiming disappointment on id latest FPS :D

i guess being late to join GAF made me miss alot of things.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
When I first heard about this event I wasn't that excited for it but then a lot of people started speculating on Silent Hill 5 and a bunch of other games being shown so that got me pumped up for the event....not because I am buying a 360 (because I'm not at this point) but because I knew that if those games were announced they would probably make the PS3 launch.

The only new games that they showed that got me excited were RR6, which we knew was coming already, and DW5SP. And to be honest, I'm not all that excited about DW5SP because I know DW6 is just around the corner. I was also happy to see FCK progressing nicely.

I was actually more impressed with Sony's little event the other day (surprise, surprise, I know) because we went into it thinking they wouldn't show that much but they actually showed a nice batch of entirely new games that seemed interesting (at least, to me) and they were all pretty impressive graphically (again, at least to me). Most of the games they showed looked "next-gen" to me. Plus we got to see that Gundam from E3 (or damn close to it) could be done in real time.

For my part,

Impressed with: Getting WE & Ridge Racer, 5 Team Ninja Games, Support from EVERY publisher, some interesting new IPs, & the Project Gotham Video

Disappointed with: No exclusives and no MONSTER franchises. Other than Project Gotham and 99 Nights, no game really impressed. Also, the lack of a release date and price, although I won't hold that against them, is a bit questionable.

Waiting for: TGS & Games Convention

Amir0x

Banned
As long as we're grading the show, I give the Microsoft Xbox Summit a solid B as well. It's the exclusives that amount to getting A+ territory, and I just didn't see enough big ones surface to make the kind of impact they require.

fresquito

I´m disappointed that in three months from now the console will be on sale, and we´ve got almost no gameplay videos so far. Other than that, I think WE is very good news for MS in Europe.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
What's impressive about getting WE? Isn't it on the current Xbox already?

BTW, was Ridge Racer 6 announced as an exclusive?

Top Bottom