• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ok.. i wasnt impressed with MS show. >_<

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
TTP said:
What's impressive about getting WE? Isn't it on the current Xbox already?

BTW, was Ridge Racer 6 announced as an exclusive?

Well, it was sorta impressive when we thought it was exclusive for a year.. and not coming out a year after launch :D

And no,

Regarding Ridge Racer

-No Date
-Not mentioned if its exclusive (Meaning its probably not)
-No Trailer (unless you call a car a trailer)

Hence why I was really disapointed :(

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
The bottom line is that the Xbox 360 will be for real in Japan this time around. Every publisher is supporting it (some weakly, some strongly) and Microsoft's 1st party stuff looks to be pretty strong this time around as well. Not only that, there's still a few surprises and revelations that are still to come (TGS, etc.). With 1st mover advantages and a solid launch lineup and year one stable of games, the 360 should do pretty decent in Japan, to say the least.

In Europe and North America, 360 is going to kick ass saleswise, imo. Too much support and too many quality games (lots of mass market-appeal stuff too) to NOT do well. Plus, 1st mover advantage could be huge.

littlewig

Banned
If the success of the conference was riding on RR then MS has more problems then I thought. :lol

The whole conference was underwhelming, a lot of media sources were hyping this up saying MS would get some exciting exclusives. I can hardly see a difference between Japanese Xbox360 support and the current support for the Xbox. I guess MS still has a lot to prove.

xexex

Banned
TTP said:
What's impressive about getting WE? Isn't it on the current Xbox already?

BTW, was Ridge Racer 6 announced as an exclusive?

nope, not that I am aware of. I do hope to see it on PS3, but after 6 months on X360

sangreal

TTP said:

Probably, I have no idea. I don't really follow Soccer

This is what 1up said:

Producer Shinji Enomoto entertained Sensui's questions about the new game, explaining that the series has already seen release on the original Xbox, but only in Europe. The Xbox 360 version of Winning Eleven has been in development for roughly one year, and is scheduled for release in fall of 2006.

Redbeard

Banned
littlewig said:
The whole conference was underwhelming, a lot of media sources were hyping this up saying MS would get some exciting exclusives. I can hardly see a difference between Japanese Xbox360 support and the current support for the Xbox. I guess MS still has a lot to prove.

Db-man-cane-user-lo.jpg

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
A lot of it has to do with the presentation...

Microsoft is still learning this whole "console thing" and it shows in their presentations at big gaming expos..

Although Sony has a history of Powerpoint Madness (TM), they seem to have a better understanding of how to communicate with their fans....Sony may not listen to their developers as well as Microsoft, but they really know how to give their core fans what they want....moreover, they seem to learn from thier mistakes somewhat (as far as showing their fans the goods)....

A PlayStation presentation is usually VERY slick and professional....moreover, they are consistantly so.....sometimes Nintendo will have a good game showing (E3 2K4) and sometimes it seems they are going through the motions (E3 2K5)....plus, Nintendo is not at all forthcoming with the information their hardcore fans desire because Nintendo doesn't want others to "steal their ideas" (I don't know if Nintendo actually buys this line....but I hope they dont, because MS/Sony could probably care less what Nintendo does because they are focused on each other)...

MS is getting better, but the growing pains are obvious....

I am personally stoked by Ridge 6, Winning Eleven is big news and PGR3 looks great, but the stuff that usually comes out of Sonys presentation are usually pretty jaw dropping...

Thats my take on this....

bill0527

Wasn't the guy that started this thread the same guy who made multiple threads a couple of weeks ago trashing Microsoft. Even though he claimed not to be a PS2 fanboy, he couldn't help but say the words PS2 and/or PS3 in every other fucking sentence.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
"I'M GOING TO WAR! On the side of Sony! With the PS3 as my ally!"

Who was it that posted a thread a few months ago saying shit like that? I'd like to review his post history.

demi

Mejilan said:
"I'M GOING TO WAR! On the side of Sony! With the PS3 as my ally!"

Who was it that posted a thread a few months ago saying shit like that? I'd like to review his post history.

Drinky Crow

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Lol, no. It was some younger kid. I think a late era PSOne was his first system or something *giggle*

Zer0

Banned
i will be the first on the line to buy the 360 but if ms thinks to take japan with this show they gonna get fucked on the land of the rising sun again

Top Bottom