• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Omno - Reveal Trailer

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This is one of the few games that appealed to me in that shit show of a showcase. Will check it out on Game Pass.

Om nom nom.
arnold schwarzenegger eating GIF

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Explore beautiful various locations from snowy fields to deserts and more, and get a look at gameplay in this latest trailer for the upcoming game, Omno, as showcased during Guerrilla Collective 2021.

Beautiful music

OrionNebula

I’ve been following the updates on that game for a long while now. I was wondering if it was ever gonna come out, but with every new updates, it really looked more and more awesome. The animations are super smooth. Really interested in this

CamHostage

In case anybody missed it (since the OP is a little out of date,) Omno is now due for Switch and PS4 in addition to the previously planned PC and Xbox releases. Also, it's listed right away as being for Xbox Games Pass.

Release date is still only listed as 2021 (although Steam does say "Summer 2021" right now, so maybe it'll be soon.)

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
The world looks like it has really interesting lore that will likely not be explained or explored at all, shame.

I also am not a fan of the artistic style they went for. If this game had proper models and textures I'd be very interested. Still, I'll keep an eye on it, possibly pick it up on sale eventually.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Omno is an adventure game that takes players on a journey of discovery through an ancient world. From sun blasted deserts, to lush forests you'll meet a variety of interesting creatures including turtles, crabs, and even dinosaurs. Dash, sail, and glide across each region as you explore Omno's beautiful environments. There are hidden secrets to unearth, and puzzles to solve along the way. You'll also need to use a magic staff to take advantage of the relics you discover.

Omno is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox, Xbox Game Pass, and PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store). It'll arrive later on Nintendo Switch, although developer StudioInkyfox has yet to announce a release date.

Just played a few levels of this while waiting for The Ascent to download.
Jumping controls are kind of awful.
I like the look of the game and the cartoony sound effects.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the first 11 minutes of Omno, the new puzzle platformer from Jonas Manke.

OMNO is an atmospheric puzzle-platformer that uses the environment to tell an immersive story and create thoughtful gameplay. Besides offering an interactive world, Omno challenges you with puzzles, hidden secrets and obstacles to overcome in 3D puzzle platformer style. The Kickstarter success story is out now on PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox Game Pass.

JLB

Banned
Game is ok and intriguing. Graphics and framerate drops on the other hand are awful. Playing it on Series X.

Banned
Game is ok and intriguing. Graphics and framerate drops on the other hand are awful. Playing it on Series X.

yeah this game runs like pure shit given the graphics. it literally goes down to 30fps in one of the early parts (I checked using the freesync display on my TV)

and it will crash on you should you disable vsync and play with your Xbox set to 120hz every time you launch the game. once in game it's not an issue but it will crash during the main menu load. (my bet is that the game has no framerate cap in the menu, and in the menu it simply runs at 1000fps whenever nothing is displayed, which in turn crashes the game)

Roberts

Yeah, frame rate is terrible (maybe it is placebo effect, but I think it gets a bit better in later levels), but the game is fun and is pretty easy 1000/1000. I think it took me 3-4 hours to get all achievements and complete the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom