• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Season 2 announcement from Oda!!

Batiman

Banned
Well I think it was pretty obvious it was gonna get more seasons. The show seems to be massive. I’m enjoying it with the fam. You have to be willing to accept some cheese if your gonna give it a shot. Which is understandable considering the source material.

Yoboman

Well I think it was pretty obvious it was gonna get more seasons. The show seems to be massive. I’m enjoying it with the fam. You have to be willing to accept some cheese if your gonna give it a shot. Which is understandable considering the source material.
The world could use some optimistic cheesiness, the live action is landing at the right time. Everybody is a little bit sick of depressing and overly serious content

So is this like the anime or are they highly condensing it?
The anime moves at about 1 chapter per episode. The live action is about 10-15 chapters per episode, with some tweaks to some non vital story elements agreed with Oda to keep a seasonal structure (eg they expanded cover stories in season 1 and moved some characters around)

jorgejjvr

x67aL18.png

Last edited:

Doom85

Wedding Crashers Movie GIF by filmeditor

Not surprising given this show is apparently already surpassing in views some of Netflix’s giants like Stranger Things, but still glad to hear it. I still need to finish Season 1 (been hard to pry myself away from Baldur’s Gate 3), but the show has been truly fun and greatly captures the heart of the manga and anime.

As long as they don't fuck it up! They're on a roll. I only saw a little bit, but I agree with a lot of people. It's not bad, for what it is. A live Adaptation of an Anime. Which almost always fail or cringe af. Cheers.

Pagusas

Elden Member
As long as they don't fuck it up! They're on a roll. I only saw a little bit, but I agree with a lot of people. It's not bad, for what it is. A live Adaptation of an Anime. Which almost always fail or cringe af. Cheers.
Based off this thread I’m going to watch it this weekend. Figure if I like it than it can gateway me into the anime. Is the anime dubbed?

Jsisto

Man…..I really want to give this a chance, but something about anime characters with weird colored hair and eccentric outfits just doesn’t translate well to live action for me. I know it’s probably a weird hang up, but it’s so awkward looking and I can’t be alone in this. Outside of Luffy, I’m not sure I can bear to look at these guys for an entire season and take it seriously.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Was struggling to finish the first season. Think I'm on episode 5.
That's the episode that introduces Sanjey and his arc, one of the better parts of the season after episode 4 being (cat gang trying to kill the heiress) a low point.

Man…..I really want to give this a chance, but something about anime characters with weird colored hair and eccentric outfits just doesn’t translate well to live action for me. I know it’s probably a weird hang up, but it’s so awkward looking and I can’t be alone in this. Outside of Luffy, I’m not sure I can bear to look at these guys for an entire season and take it seriously.
You definitely have to "buy in" to the awkwardness but the actors sell it well and the sets are mostly fantastic so it blends in. I had no interest in the show for this very reason but I gave it a chance. Yes, some of it is cringey but the heart is there. The storytelling and character development in this show is really good and for me that outweighed the occasional churn of the stomach.

Raonak

Banned

That's the problem.

Don't force yourself to take it seriously.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
12 Seasons is ridiculous. Thats Walking Dead level. People will tune out after 7. Just like that show.

Oddly enough I find Luffy the least like his character from the anime.

Top Bottom